1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 06:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The word "Trinity" is not from the Holy Bible that is for sure. However, the idea that it is meant to convey is what Jesus taught about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Especially when He said to go teach and baptize in the NAME of the FATHER, the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT.

Of course, I guess that is too much for someone like you and the JWs to understand.

The Instructor
    When you "someone like you (me)" what do you mean?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 06:10
    So what your OP was actually meant to be providing was the origin of the trinity doctrine?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 06:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So what your OP was actually meant to be providing was the origin of the trinity doctrine?
    Oh, was It? Well, I think I provided both the origin of the word first and then the origin of the idea, after your questioning.

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 08:40
    Oh, was It? Well, I think I provided both the origin of the word first and then the origin of the idea, after your questioning.

The Instructor
    Yes you demonstrated in one fell swoop that the origin of the trinity word and doctrine is not Biblical, thank you oh instructor .
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 10:36
    Yes you demonstrated in one fell swoop that the origin of the trinity word and doctrine is not Biblical, thank you oh instructor .
    I never wrote anything about a doctrine of any kind. In an attempt to clear your misunderstanding, I first wrote:

"You misunderstood my OP. The idea of what we call the Trinity today began with the teachings of Jesus about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I was only attempting to pinpoint the origin of the word we use to describe this relationship within the One God."

Then you still did not seem to understand so I wrote:

"The word "Trinity" is not from the Holy Bible that is for sure. However, the idea that it is meant to convey is what Jesus taught about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Especially when He said to go teach and baptize in the NAME of the FATHER, the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT."

The Doctrine of the Trinity came about when the Church council decided to put down in writing what the Christians believed about the Godhead of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They might have called it the Doctrine of the Godhead, however, they apparently believed the new word "Trinity" gave a better description.

So even though the title of Doctine of the Trinity came from the Christian church, they were only stating what they believed was taught in the Holy Scripture. That is why I said the idea came from what Jesus had said as recorded in the Holy Bible.

Just because they used a word that did not come from the Holy Bible does not mean the idea they were trying to convey in the words of the Doctrine is wrong. It may not be a perfect statement about the identity of God, but it seems to come pretty close from what I see. However, if you see something wrong with it, then I'll leave that up to you to work out.

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 15:49
    I never wrote anything about a doctrine of any kind. In an attempt to clear your misunderstanding, I first wrote:

[b]"You misunderstood my OP. The idea of what we call the Trinity today began with the teachings of Jesus about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I was only attempting to pinpoint the origin of the word we use to describe this relatio ...[text shortened]... something wrong with it, then I'll leave that up to you to work out.

The Instructor
    Repeating yourself does not change what you have said. This thread (specifically your OP) demonstrates the the trinity doctrine is a post biblical man made interpretation; in being exactly this, it is therefore evident that the doctrine is not biblical. It can't be both. Thank you again for proving this.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 22:551 edit
    Repeating yourself does not change what you have said. This thread (specifically your OP) demonstrates the the trinity doctrine is a post biblical man made interpretation; in being exactly this, it is therefore evident that the doctrine is not biblical. It can't be both. Thank you again for proving this.
    Of course, you are welcome. Interpretation is what all theologians do.

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 02:461 edit
    Of course, you are welcome. Interpretation is what all theologians do.

The Instructor
    Actually there is NO interpretation on a subject that is not open for interpretation.
    One cannot interpret something that is a lie. It is not in the Bible so nothing to guess, question or wonder about.
    It is the trinitairians that have formulated the trinity and as with any lie, once you start it you have to make up more lies to cover the original lie.

Main Entry:
    formulate &[fawr-myuh-leyt] Show IPA

Part of Speech: verb
    Definition: plan, specify systematically
    Synonyms: codify, coin, compose, concoct, contrive, cook up, couch, define, detail, develop, devise, draft, draw up, dream up, evolve, express, forge, frame, give form to, hatch, indite, invent, make, make up*, map, originate, particularize, phrase, prepare, put, set down, systematize, vamp, work, work out

There ya go.......
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 05:172 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Actually there is NO interpretation on a subject that is not open for interpretation.
    One cannot interpret something that is a lie. It is not in the Bible so nothing to guess, question or wonder about.
    It is the trinitairians that have formulated the trinity and as with any lie, once you start it you have to make up more lies to cover the original l ...[text shortened]... arize, phrase, prepare, put, set down, systematize, vamp, work, work out

There ya go.......
    Well, you are wrong. The scriptures must not only be translated correctly, but they also must be interpreted correctly in order to get the correct meaning.

God the Father is spoken of as if He is a person. However, we could choose to say God is an It and is only being personified and is not a person, but some active force. That would be one interpretation. The Watchtower has chosen to accept that God the Father is a real person, even though, they claim no one has ever seen Him.

On the other hand, the Holy Spirit is also spoken of as a person and is also called God, but in this case the Watchtower claims He is being personified and so refers to Him as it or the active force of God. This is all done not by accepting the clear word of scripture, but by interpretation by men in the Watchtower Society.

We are told God is one. Jesus, as the Son of God, talks about His Father in heaven as slso being His God. Jesus says I and my Father are one and I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Jesus is spoken of as the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form. God the Father calls His Son God. So by interpretation based on reason and logic we now know that the Father is God and we know that the Son is God and we know God is one. By one interpretation the Holy Spirit is a person and is also called God.

Therefore by logic we have:

The Father = 1 person
    The Son = 1 person
    The Holy Spirit = 1 person

The Father = God
    The Son = God
    The Holy Spirit = God

God = 1

Putting these together we first have:

1 person + 1 person + 1 Person = 3 persons

Now, since God is 1 and is represent as a multiple unity we have:

1 God x 1 God x 1 God = 1 God

So mathematically and logically we come to the conclusion:

There are 3 persons in 1 God and those 3 persons are called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 07:173 edits
    RJHinds and the JWs battling out the godhead:

Hinds:

1 + 1 + 1 = 1, and 3 persons = 1 god because the 3 persons are 'distinct' BUT not 'separate'. Even though the 3 persons are completely separate on earth - Jesus, Dove, Pillar of Fire etc. This was proven by some guy called Theophilus who didn't actually write any of the Bibblcal scriptures, but who agrees with my view of them, and I agree with him. not forgetting I am the Instructor so what I say must true otherwise I'd be a bit of a Pratt. With a capital P.

JW response:

Lol, you just don't get it do you.

Whilst you are mearly the self certified Instructor, we on the other hand are the chosen ones, the sole holders of gods truth on earth. Also we iz awesome. isn't that right bro? Yes bro it is so right, but he is blinded by Satan, who is an angel actually. What he fails to realise bro is that Jesus is also an angel, the archangel Michael, who is also a "Mighty God" but not quite as mighty as Big god who is the Almighty god and is the god who created Mighty God, the lesser god, who is also an angel. This angel came and died for the sins of the world and is actually also one of our two saviours: Jesus and Jehovah. Now, although they are both gods and are both saviours, only one can be worshiped cos the other one is not Big god, he is a lesser god, and an angel. Hinds is so blind, it's so sad, its is indeed sad bro, but what can you expect from these self certified ones. I hope Hinds can see the error of his trinity when the true truth is so obvious. Lol. Yes bro, lol indeed.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 03:10
    RJHinds and the JWs battling out the godhead:

Hinds:

1 + 1 + 1 = 1, and 3 persons = 1 god because the 3 persons are 'distinct' BUT not 'separate'. Even though the 3 persons are completely separate on earth - Jesus, Dove, Pillar of Fire etc. This was proven by some guy called Theophilus who didn't actually write any of the Bibblcal scriptures, but w ...[text shortened]... the error of his trinity when the true truth is so obvious. Lol. Yes bro, lol indeed.
    I believe you got the JW position down good. But you are badly screwed up when it comes to my position. You might start with the math which you obviously don't understand at all even though it is at the elementary level. Let's try again on the math.

1 + 1 + 1 = 3
    1 x 1 x 1 =1

You had 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 which is wrong.
    Do you see the difference in the calculation?

The Instructor
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 05:52
    1 + 1 + 1 = 3
    1 x 1 x 1 =1

You had 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 which is wrong.
    Do you see the difference in the calculation?
    Ah, it's all clear now.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 06:071 edit
    Ah, it's all clear now.
    Good. NObody does it better.

YouTube

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 06:13
    Good. NObody does it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNA7DcVppEs

The Instructor
    Explain again how three is the same as one.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 08:24
    Explain again how three is the same as one.
    I am not trying to say 3 is the same as 1. I am trying to say that the 3 distinct person identified as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are in the one God. Jesus is spoken of being the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form. Jesus said, "I am in the Father and the Father in Me." Sayings like these have been collected by the Christian church in an attempt to explain what is believed to be taught about the spiritual existence of God in the Doctrine of the Trinity.

I was using the analogy of mathematics to show an example of this 3 in 1 idea. The persons of the Godhead seem to be distinct so I added them, like this:

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 That is 3 persons.

But even though each of these 3 are each identified as God, God is still said to be 1. In Genesis, God speaks and says, "Let Us make man in Our image." The Hebrew word for God here is in the plural seeming to indicate a multiple, yet somehow it is still only 1 God. This is similiar to the fact that in math you can multiply 1 by 1 by 1 and still have only 1 as a result, like this:

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

So maybe God is something like multiplcation of the 3 distinct 1's in math. So that even though there are 3 distinct persons that are the 1 God (plural in Hebrew), there is still only one God when combined, because they are not added, but multiplied when they are combined.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree