1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 11:31
    http://www.jw-media.org/ind/20110607.htm

John 15:17-20
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 This is what I command you: that you love one another.

18 If the world hates you, know that it hated Me before it hated you.

19 If you belonged to the world, the world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world [no longer one with it], but I have chosen (selected) you out of the world, the world hates (detests) you.

20 Remember that I told you, A servant is not greater than his master [is not superior to him]. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word and obeyed My teachings, they will also keep and obey yours.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 11:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.jw-media.org/ind/20110607.htm

John 15:17-20
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 This is what I command you: that you love one another.

18 If the world hates you, know that it hated Me before it hated you.

19 If you belonged to the world, the world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the ...[text shortened]... persecute you; if they kept My word and obeyed My teachings, they will also keep and obey yours.
    even when i was preaching to Muslims in Pakistan i never got treated like that. My wife and a few others were arrested by the police several times (for their own protection, apparently, but no mobs were involved). People were generally very respectful. Perhaps rvsakhadeo can comment upon it, for it seems that some militant/nationalistic Hindus feel that its an attack against their religious tradition and culture. Other denominations have also received persecution as lower caste Hindus have converted to Christianity to escape the horrors of the caste system. Its difficult for a Western mind to comprehend, but in some places, the religious leaders hold such sway, especially in villages.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 22:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    even when i was preaching to Muslims in Pakistan i never got treated like that. My wife and a few others were arrested by the police several times (for their own protection, apparently, but no mobs were involved). People were generally very respectful. Perhaps rvsakhadeo can comment upon it, for it seems that some militant/nationalistic Hindus fee ...[text shortened]... to comprehend, but in some places, the religious leaders hold such sway, especially in villages.
    You never got treated like what?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You never got treated like what?
    Sorry but I don't understand the question...
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:49
    He didn't ask you.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 02:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    He didn't ask you.
    I didn't ask you either....
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 02:39
    robbie wrote when i was preaching to Muslims in Pakistan i never got treated like that. I was wondering what that treatment was.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 06:281 edit
    Persecution complex again 🙂 and 😉 that's what we are seeing!! Your in a forum were debate is encouraged. If you consider someone challenging your statements as persecution man.......you really have no clue. I guess we should all just bow to the JW's in this forum. Sarcasm intended

Ok I read the link my bad I don't wish physical harm to anyone including the JW's

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 06:331 edit
    http://www.persecution.org/

Christians get persecuted also

http://www.persecution.org/2011/06/27/a-christian-who-reached-out-to-lepers-is-beaten-and-jailed-in-india/

Manny
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 07:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    even when i was preaching to Muslims in Pakistan i never got treated like that. My wife and a few others were arrested by the police several times (for their own protection, apparently, but no mobs were involved). People were generally very respectful. Perhaps rvsakhadeo can comment upon it, for it seems that some militant/nationalistic Hindus fee ...[text shortened]... to comprehend, but in some places, the religious leaders hold such sway, especially in villages.
    No harm is done to any preacher of Christianity in India. Conversion attempts by offering inducements may cause hostility of NGOs or even the Police.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 07:24
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    No harm is done to any preacher of Christianity in India. Conversion attempts by offering inducements may cause hostility of NGOs or even the Police.
    What type of inducements have been offered?
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 08:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What type of inducements have been offered?
    Money mainly. Also adoption of children by Europeans/ Americans.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 08:15
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    how then are we to understand Galvestons remarks, for they bear not the mark of fiction.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '11 23:18
    I didn't ask you either....
    Then what's the matter with us? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree