1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 13:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    all the women, children, and all the men (old and young) were killed. all. little girls were made slaves and raped.

you can never have an entire society evil outside of fiction. that is not how the world works. even the mongols would have women or children or men who would not maim and kill.

you think in nazi germany all germans were evil? you think because nazi germany was evil, all germans deserved to be killed? are you a psychopath?
    [you can never have an entire society evil outside of fiction. that is not how the world works.]

You have this right in part. Do you understand that the whole world is under the control of Satan? The only ones who are not under his control are Christians, unless they allow him. And he does this too, through fear, or other emotions.
    The under the radar and unseen through out the bible is the little known fact that the whole world is under the sway, or influence of the wicked one.
    You are not seeing through spiritual eyes. Pray that God will open your understanding.
    God is love, He is Holy, He is Good. You are correct about this too. So when you see evil in the bible, ask God to show you what is going on before jumping to conclusions.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 14:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [you can never have an entire society evil outside of fiction. that is not how the world works.]

You have this right in part. Do you understand that the whole world is under the control of Satan? The only ones who are not under his control are Christians, unless they allow him. And he does this too, through fear, or other emotions.
    The under the rada ...[text shortened]... n you see evil in the bible, ask God to show you what is going on before jumping to conclusions.
    Do you understand that the whole world is under the control of Satan?
    no. this is nonsense. human beings have free will. anyone who is evil is so through their own choice

The only ones who are not under his control are Christians, unless they allow him
    this is egotistical and cocky

You are not seeing through spiritual eyes.
    rape and murder doesn't get any more fluffy if i look at them through spiritual eyes.

"Pray that God will open your understanding."
    what understanding is that? that before jesus came, a whole nation of people deserved to die? and little girls raped?

God is love, He is Holy, He is Good.
    if he did ask for the destruction of every being in that tribe, he is neither of those things. therefore it simply comes down to what you choose to believe. do you try to justify a gut wrenching horrible evil tale of genocide and war crimes, or do you believe that god is love. the two are mutually exclusive. claiming otherwise means you are a psychopath.

So when you see evil in the bible, ask God to show you what is going on before jumping to conclusions.
    if one sees a black man, one would jump to conclusions if one assumes that man likes dr dre. if one tribe of people kill every man, woman and child from a defeated nation and takes the little girls as sex slaves, calling that tribe evil is NOT jumping to conclusions. it is simply stating the obvious.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 15:331 edit
    no. this is nonsense. human beings have free will. anyone who is evil is so through their own choice

The only ones who are not under his control are Christians, unless they allow him

rape and murder doesn't ves, calling that tribe evil is NOT jumping to conclusions. it is simply stating the obvious.
    You would think that God would eventually get back to these people and give them some kind of justification for how all of this stuff can be morally good. But no. Once they get their "spiritual eyes" they just stop talking about the uncomfortable aspects of their faith.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 19:04

rape and murder doesn't ...[text shortened]... ves, calling that tribe evil is NOT jumping to conclusions. it is simply stating the obvious.
    ]Do you understand that the whole world is under the control of Satan?

I agree, but they are influenced, perhaps I should have worded it differently.

God is love, He is Holy, He is Good.
    if he did ask for the destruction of every being in that tribe, he is neither of those things. therefore it simply comes down to what you choose to believe. do you try to justify a gut wrenching horrible evil tale of genocide and war crimes, or do you believe that god is love. the two are mutually exclusive. claiming otherwise means you are a psychopath.

Satan was well on his way to destroying God's plan to redeem mankind. How do you know anything of these people? What makes them automatically innocent? Do you know anything of the Nephalim? Do you understand the culture back then? Have you done any research, read any commentaries?
    If Satan had succeeded none of us would be here.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 19:59
    ]Do you understand that the whole world is under the control of Satan?

I agree, but they are influenced, perhaps I should have worded it differently.

[quote]God is love, He is Holy, He is Good.
    if he did ask for the destruction o ...[text shortened]... you done any research, read any commentaries?
    If Satan had succeeded none of us would be here.
    what research? children were killed. other children were raped. there is no research to be done. if that act indeed occurred it was an act of evil.

god the almighty, omnipotent, eternal being went in a period of just two thousand years from playing favorites for a bunch of barbarians in the desert to sending his only son to teach that we should love our enemies and violence is never the answer. he went from having a bunch of nomads win wars against superior forces just because they were the chosen people, to having jesus proclaim that all are god's children.

why weren't the apostles great generals? why didn't they drown all of the "wicked" people in blood? could it be maybe that god is nothing like the old testament says and he sent his only son to preach love and compassion (knowing full well we would murder his holy as$) just to get us savages from continuing to kill each other?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 20:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You would think that God would eventually get back to these people and give them some kind of justification for how all of this stuff can be morally good. But no. Once they get their "spiritual eyes" they just stop talking about the uncomfortable aspects of their faith.
    the idiotic (and sad) thing is that most jews know full well the old testament is not to be taken literally. it is christians that defend it so much, even though the new testament basically yells "freakin ignore what we said until now, this is all you need to know"
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 21:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, not at all. I am merely asking why you didn't choose to believe in fairies. Seriously fairies are much better than the Biblical God.
    I am not saying you are required by law to believe anything, but if your going to choose a book, what's wrong with the Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thrones?

[b]why must everything be black or white? you construct th ...[text shortened]... comes to the Bible, but when it comes to faries, you only want to think of the nasty stories?
    What God do you believe in?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 21:281 edit
    The only ones who are not under his control are Christians, unless they allow him.
    Paranoid Schizophrenia.

In future secular societies you will be locked up (or at least treated)
    for your own good. (And for the good of society too.)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 22:061 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Paranoid Schizophrenia.

🙂..I probably will be...
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 22:591 edit
    Obviously, twhitehead.

The Instructor
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 05:24
    I avoid belief altogether and stick with science. I think choosing to believe something based on your desire for it to be true is utter foolishness.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Paranoid Schizophrenia.

Incarceration is not the normal treatment for paranoid schizophrenia. Most patients are quite harmless.
    I wouldn't give them a gun.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 08:11
    I avoid belief altogether and stick with science. I think choosing to believe something based on your desire for it to be true is utter foolishness.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 08:24
    Incarceration is not the normal treatment for paranoid schizophrenia. Most patients are quite harmless.
    I wouldn't give them a gun.
    this is a special case. if he would display the same willingness to murder an entire people for some reason, but without his god being in the equation, he would indeed be a psychopath. yet i believe he wouldn't. he simply allows his god to do stuff he would otherwise deem evil if anyone else would be involved.

this is a classic case of the dangers of fundamentalism: he cannot see how the attrocities commited by the nazis are quite similar to what the israelites did in the bible (supposedly on god's orders). he has no trouble seeing one act as evil, but not the other.

i would say save that gun and shoot any charismatic "prophet of the lord" that commands the sheep to murder in his name. otherwise the sheep are harmless.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 10:37
    this is a special case. if he would display the same willingness to murder an entire people for some reason, but without his god being in the equation, he would indeed be a psychopath. yet i believe he wouldn't. he simply allows his god to do stuff he would otherwise deem evil if anyone else would be involved.

this is a classic case of the dangers of fu ...[text shortened]... f the lord" that commands the sheep to murder in his name. otherwise the sheep are harmless.
    I meant to ask you what God do you believe in, if any?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree