1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 02:30
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Why?
    Because it is the correct response, given that love is the correct response toward all that is good.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 04:19
    Originally posted by neil67d
    Is it fair to hate all religionists equally? If not, how should I discriminate?
    Religons that propogate violence as a means to an end should be discriminated against. Imo, true religon should be peaceful. Other than that live and let live. And worship and charge whatever you want!😀😀
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 04:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Because it is the correct response, given that love is the correct response toward all that is good.
    What do you mean by 'hate' and why would it be the correct response?
  4. Joined
    20 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 05:36
    Ok bit of a false question. Of course one should not discriminate.
    The answer must be consolidate (or defend).
  5. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 09:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Hating a mindset which prevents humans from actually understanding the world around them in an age where this information is readily available is perfectly reasonable, though hardly fashionable.

As for hate, personally I can't do this, even though I know what I just said above. Reason being I know there are people who have had terrible things happen to them in life, and religion gives them meaning. Taking this away is cruel, even though I wish they could find equal strength or inspiration from something real.

I'm sorry for answering this question as if it was directed to me!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 10:51
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    Hating a mindset which prevents humans from actually understanding the world around them in an age where this information is readily available is perfectly reasonable, though hardly fashionable.

As for hate, personally I can't do this, even though I know what I just said above. Reason being I know there are people who have had terrible things happen ...[text shortened]... ion from something real.

I'm sorry for answering this question as if it was directed to me!
    Hate leads to anger. Anger makes you forget
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 11:02
    I show respect that I dont feel. Most cant even muster a show. We'll all kid on some respect.
    Neil
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 11:10
    Originally posted by neil67d
    I show respect that I dont feel. Most cant even muster a show. We'll all kid on some respect.
    Neil
    All beings deserve love and hence respect.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 11:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you love and respect cockroaches, or do you not respect them enough to grant them the status of 'being'?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 13:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Intense displeasure or dislike felt toward something.

Do you hate death? I do. While I have come to accept my inability to do anything about it, I still despise it--- everything it represents and everything it does. Someday, I'm going to seriously kick its ass, though.
  11. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 13:31
    Given that by 'hate', you mean "Intense displeasure or dislike felt toward something." then I stick by my original assertion.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 13:37
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Given that by 'hate', you mean "Intense displeasure or dislike felt toward something." then I stick by my original assertion.
    Which one: the "obviously false" one or the "isn't a moral response" one? Either way, how so?
  13. Joined
    20 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 14:38

Well.....

Still don't know how to highlight etc.....

That's not even worth typing.
  14. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 23:20
    Which one: the "obviously false" one or the "isn't a moral response" one? Either way, how so?
    Both I think.

They are logically connected.

There is a fundamental incoherence here. If there is a moral imperitive for me to hate X then it follows that I ought to hate X. But 'ought' implies 'can'. And I cannot choose my emotional response without an infinite regress. Therefore, I cannot choose to hate X. So if I don't hate X, and cannot choose to do so, I cannot, by the preceeding argument, have a moral obligation to hate X.

So the assertion to the contrary is pretty obviously false.
  15. Joined
    20 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 23:35
    I do hate. I hate religion. I hate evil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree