1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 16:17
    There is precious little discussion of spirituality in this forum. Instead, there are Bible quotes and quarrels, bad science and refutations, and flame wars between the God Squad and their critics.

The fog outside my window expresses more that is spiritual than the past 1000 posts here.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 16:20
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    There is precious little discussion of spirituality in this forum. Instead, there are Bible quotes and quarrels, bad science and refutations, and flame wars between the God Squad and their critics.

The fog outside my window expresses more that is spiritual than the past 1000 posts here.
    Then there lies a beautiful and daunting task ahead of you .... show us the way ......
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 16:20
    Allow me to rebut, spiritually:

*ahem*

1. F**k you!
    2. Therefore, I win.

Don't feel bad. My logic is impeccable. It's brought down many a man.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 16:351 edit

I won't rest until the last member of the anti-God-Squad lies twitching at my feet. 😛

Edit: Point taken, though.

P.S. I disagree with you that Bible Quotes can't be used in a spirituality discussion.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 16:37

What kind of spirituality are you looking for? This is essentially a forum for debate. If you're looking for Chicken Soup for the Soul, you're in the wrong place. This forum has never been spiritual and I don't think it has ever pretended to be such either.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 17:22
    Originally posted by Halitose
    P.S. I disagree with you that Bible Quotes can't be used in a spirituality discussion.
    I have not said they cannot, but I affirm that in 1000 posts with Bible quotes, spirituality has been more rare than the steaks at a vegan convention.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 17:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What kind of spirituality are you looking for? This is essentially a forum for debate. If you're looking for Chicken Soup for the Soul, you're in the wrong place. This forum has never been spiritual and I don't think it has ever pretended to be such either.
    CSftS passes for spirituality only in a society inundated by weak-minded religion. I'm not looking for sentimentality.

Honestly, I don't care that spirituality is absent here. I'm simply noting that the forum would be named more appropriately if called "religion".
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 17:47
    Honestly, I don't care that spirituality is absent here. I'm simply noting that the forum would be named more appropriately if called "religion".
    I should have realised that. 🙂
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 18:12
    I have not said they cannot, but I affirm that in 1000 posts with Bible quotes, spirituality has been more rare than the steaks at a vegan convention.
    Especially not when you have STANG quoting the Bible.
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 19:22

well when you get two mindless factions together, what do you expect???the college debate team??
    maybe people just need to lighten up a bit
    personally i wonder how some of the people here can walk..
    as they seem to have a foot long corn cob up their bum

i do agree with the gist of ur post though sir
    and i am not including you as one of the "corn cob gang"
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 19:29
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    "corn cob gang"
    Sounds like a good name for a clan...
  12. Forgotten
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    lol
    your not in it either dude
    i am a former member myself though
    namesio is the clan leader
  13. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 19:44

Unfortunately, actually discussing spirituality is a difficult matter in itself, and one that requires much tact and care to proceed very far...tasks difficult to achieve in an online, impersonal forum. Given what there is, I think this forum does alright. I expected no more when I read the title, given its context. Truly, "Religion" or even "Atheists vs. Christians" would be more appropriate, given the content, but I think it passes as-is.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Hell, I'd join if it don't add too many games

(if ya'll let me in, that is)
  15. Forgotten
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 04:49
    how about this for a forum name?
    "society of corn cob sitters"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree