1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 16:44
    Originally posted by telerion
    Wow. An excellent "Johnny-Cochrane" answer.

You have a flaw with your argument though. Perhaps if you knew mathematics better you would see it.

You gave a one-to-one conversion rate for human time to God time therefore if your God is bounded by (or "inside" ) God time, then he is necessarily bounded by (or "inside" ) human time.
    Do you think that God is restricted by some fomulas of mathematics?
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 16:51
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Without exception, you should fall in one of the three categories: theists, atheists or agnostics.
    Well, I enjoy being an exception to the rule!

I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who believes in a "Creator", who also believes in Evolution? And that the Universe is several billion years old, not 6000?

And that we are descended from an ape-like creature.....

And that "God created Man in his image" means he gave us a soul... not eyes, ears toes.... don't think God would have much use for nipples....

Just my beliefs anyway.

So which pigeon-hole do you want to shoe-horn me into?

3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 17:22
    Originally posted by PawnCurry

I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who believes in a "Creator", who also believes in Evolution? And that the Universe is several billion years old, not 6000?

And that we are descended from an ape-like creature.....

And that "God created Man in his image" means he gave us a soul... not ...[text shortened]... les....

Just my beliefs anyway.

So which pigeon-hole do you want to shoe-horn me into?

At the bottom of my first post you will find a link. I used the link to see what response I would get. I sure got one😉

4. The sky
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 17:55

I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who believes in a "Creator", who also believes in Evolution?
    Most Christians I know also believe in evolution.
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 18:141 edit
    At the bottom of my first post you will find a link. I used the link to see what response I would get. I sure got one😉

Ah, you were only after a response.

Not your own views then?

I should have paid more attention to the people on here who accuse you of simply copying and pasting other peoples views. I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, you appear to be proving them right.

You could of course, prove them wrong, by answering my original question: by the definitions you posted, and the answer I gave (my own views, not copied from another site), which category do I fit into?

Or do you not agree with the definitions as posted? In which case, why did you bother?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 18:16
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Most Christians I know also believe in evolution.
    How many Christians do you know?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 18:19
    Ah, you were only after a response.

Not your own views then?

I should have paid more attention to the people on here who accuse who of simply copying and pasting other peoples views. I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, you appear to be proving them right.

You could of course, prove them wrong, by answering my original question: ...[text shortened]... into?

Or do you not agree with the definitions as posted? In which case, why did you bother?
    O.K. You are a Christian you say?

But you don't believe in a literal six day Creation?

Do you belive in the gap theory?
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 18:31
    O.K. You are a Christian you say?

But you don't believe in a literal six day Creation?

Do you belive in the gap theory?
    Don't recall saying I was a Christian.

As stated, I don't believe in a literal six-day creation.

Never heard of the gap theory.

Now, the answers to my questions...?

9. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 18:48

I believe the Gap theory explains why God wears affordable khakis. And the specialized comprehension-gap theory explains why we have to keep repeating questions to DJ Boris Becker over there.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 18:48
    How many Christians do you know?
    I haven't counted them (nor could I, because there are many people I know who might or might not be Christians), but quite a few. Anyway, since most of the Christians I know are European, and most European Christians believe in evolution, it shouldn't be surprising that most of the Christians I know believe in evolution. If you want numbers, I found a page on creationism in Europe which might interest you: http://www.fsteeman.dds.nl/europe/euroframe.html
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 20:06

Well, I need to find out more about you before I can put you into a category.

Firstly, do you believe any of the Bible?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 20:08
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I haven't counted them (nor could I, because there are many people I know who might or might not be Christians), but quite a few. Anyway, since most of the Christians I know are European, and most European Christians believe in evolution, it shouldn't be surprising that most of the Christians I know believe in evolution. If you want numbers, I found a page ...[text shortened]... creationism in Europe which might interest you: http://www.fsteeman.dds.nl/europe/euroframe.html
    Well I suppose most of the European Christians have never had any Creation Seminars. But I suppose that can be fixed.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 21:08
    Do you think that God is restricted by some fomulas of mathematics?
    I think your god is a fairy tale. Thanks for asking.

You are the one who put mathematical restrictions on him, not me.

Why don't you just admit that one of the following two positions is a mistake on your part and point to which one should be changed:

1) God is outside of space and time.

2) God cannot be bothered to make his reality plainly obvious to all of us at RHP because it would be a waste of his time.

Xtians still make errors don't they? The more you try to weasel your way out of this, the more you degrade your faith.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:14
    Originally posted by telerion
    I think your god is a fairy tale. Thanks for asking.

You are the one who put mathematical restrictions on him, not me.

Why don't you just admit that one of the following two positions is a mistake on your part and point to which one should be changed:

1) God is outside of space and time.

2) God cannot be bothered to make his reality ...[text shortened]... don't they? The more you try to weasel your way out of this, the more you degrade your faith.
    All I am saying is that our time and God's time is not the same as is stated in scripture:

2 Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:17
    All I am saying is that our time and God's time is not the same as is stated in scripture:

2 Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    So which is it? Is God outside of time or not?

Also, I must point out that if this is your evidence that your God has a different sort of time then you got your conversion rate wrong by several factors of ten. Did you make the first one up on your own authority or was it divinely-inspired?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree