1. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 15:02
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Inspired by the Oral Sex thread:

"What goes on in the bedroom is between Me, my Wife and God."

Christians, have you heard this saying before? I'm sure most of you have. What does it mean to you? Is it a warning to those who would look at sex as something other than the sole means of procreation? Or is it a license to privacy such that a husband ...[text shortened]... ss. Can the same be said for other "activities" outside of the good ol' missionary position?
    I believe it is the latter. God created sex in the first place, and I think He meant it for all of its obvious benefits; Great pleasure, and procreation (more pleasure?). One might argue that the procreational purpose is the most important. Creating a legacy and all of that, but the pleasure factor, the expression of love to one another, is certainly the more regular purpose. That's why people continue to make love during a pregnancy. (by the way...do animals?) Sex without pregnancy occurs far more often than otherwise. (...and all the forum contributors, fundies and undies alike said......'Thank God!'😉

I never did comment on the oral sex thread, so let me say this. Some counselor types have said that 'sex begins in the kitchen', meaning that a man helping his wife out with the cooking or cleaning up demonstrates his love for her. She may respond to this relationship building love act with love acts of her own; the kind that a man can appreciate. (No, if she does not respond this way, it is not to be considered a wasted case of dishpan hands! (these things have to build guys! give it time!))

So if even drying dishes can be part of the sex act, then certainly everything else that follows can be as well. We use our mouths for all kinds of things; it is only natural to use them in the bedroom, methinks, to add to a couple's mutual pleasure.

As far as license goes, we are all still bound by the overriding moral law that God has put in our hearts. With that in mind, we would always act, even in the marriage bed, with respect and love, putting her needs and desires ahead of our own. Insisting or forcing should not play a part in lovemaking. Perhaps this is the only place that the 'God' part of your original quote comes into play in our marriage beds.

Hebrews 13:4
    4Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

2. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 21:53
    Originally posted by chinking58
    I believe it is the latter. God created sex in the first place, and I think He meant it for all of its obvious benefits; Great pleasure, and procreation (more pleasure?). One might argue that the procreational purpose is the most important. Creating a legacy and all of that, but the pleasure factor, the expression of love to one another, is certainly t ...[text shortened]... marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

I just can't see this thread sink into oblivion without knowing that SOMEONE saw the new counterpoint to the term 'fundie'! A comment on that point alone would be appreciated, if not on the actual applicable ideas given here!

Humor me eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree