04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 12:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God the Father has designated His Son, Jesus as final judge
    of mankind, since the Son is both human and divine. You ask
    a question, I think, only Jesus can answer when He makes
    that final judgement.
    and jesus, who dedicated his life to teaching mankind about compassion, will rather choose the uncompassionate but believing and repentant serial killer rather than the atheist or muslim who lived a much more "christian" life? in other words, jesus would much rather have groupies than good people in heaven.

yeh, i think i am gonna go the optimist route here and claim my god is not a sadist.
    otherwise we are all scrwd
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 12:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    and jesus, who dedicated his life to teaching mankind about compassion, will rather choose the uncompassionate but believing and repentant serial killer rather than the atheist or muslim who lived a much more "christian" life? in other words, jesus would much rather have groupies than good people in heaven.

yeh, i think i am gonna go the optimist route here and claim my god is not a sadist.
    otherwise we are all scrwd
    Just put your trust in Jesus and it will all work out.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 13:211 edit
    your god is unjust.

that line might have worked in the ancient era where all other religions were based on cruelty.

nowadays you don't need to be a christian in order to be a decent person (and often atheists are more decent than some christians). are you telling me you can enjoy afterlife drinking mojitos with ted bundy or hitler (assuming they ma ...[text shortened]... someone declare how awesome he is (because he didn't already knew, him being supreme and all)
    It has not changed over time, people are made the same way, they act the
    same way, there is nothing new under the sun as far as that goes. We have
    gotten a lot smarter about a lot of things, yet daily our race is still murdering
    each other, raping, stealing, lying and so on.

As I said, we all have fallen short, if you want write here you are good enough,
    that is fine with me, stand in your own righteousness. Just as you can write
    you are decent, others can write they are Christians, neither really means that
    is true, it only means that you and they can write it.

As far as what God's number one priority is, I don't know. I do believe that
    reality has everyone and everything lining up with each other to give each
    other their proper respect. That highlights the danger Jesus talked about we
    were in danger of hell when we called another a fool, we show respect to our
    leaders, we show respect to quite a few amoung us, how much more should
    we hold up our creator, the One who holds the universe together by the power
    of His Word?
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 13:22
    and still it is not enough. would it require the same amount of repentance for a dude that cheated on his wife as it would require hitler?
    It requires Jesus' blood, it is due to Him we are saved.
    Kelly
  5. St. Peter's
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 16:50
    and still it is not enough. would it require the same amount of repentance for a dude that cheated on his wife as it would require hitler?
    It is apples and oranges. Each individual must account for their actions and their repentance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree