1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 06:331 edit
    I've decided how I must say this.

You read the Bible (I hope... I know you do). You seem to base a lot of your ideas on what was TOLD to you about what you read. You have made bold statements about Jesus, the Bible, and judgment.

You quote stuff from the bible, and when anyone responds explaining what a real meaning might be, based on the words I SEE in the text... you say things like, 'I am a child of God and only we understand the true meaning of the Bible'.

I think Jesus gave us a code to live by, but somehow you find a way to twist it into a selected few who will pass to Heaven, while the rest of us burn. Every time your thoughts on Jesus are questioned, quite well I must add... you dodge aside with some of the craziest things I've seen.

There is no sense in me telling you what I think when I read the Bible, as you will just say I don't understand. There is no sense in me posting this, but I just did. You have a set of ideas that I feel must have been fed to you, and there is no room in your mind to admit you might be wrong on a point here or there. Somehow you feel you have the Bible all figured out... while the wisest of men still read it trying to figure out what it all means.

You 'say' you've solved the Bible with every post of yours, and act like Jesus' spokesman... while I feel you should go beyond what you've been told in Sunday School or on line... or wherever you pick up your info on what the Bible means.

You make bold statements in the name of Jesus and (or) God, and when you are questioned about it, you blow it off like you know it all.

I don't think you do. I'm not a cut and paste kind of guy, but your posts are littered with contradictions and excuses... when you bother to respond to a post at all. I'm still trying to solve the meaning of life, I'm certainly no Atheist, Infidel, or Heathen! You seem to make everyone out to be these things, and I can't see how that would make Jesus happy.

P
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 03:47
    Anyone else ready to list the things they wish to forget?

P
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 04:131 edit
    You read the Bible (I hope... I know you do). You seem to base a lot of your ideas on what was TOLD to you about what you read.

Again, I do not and have not gone to church. I do fellowship, but I am not told what to believe. I study and learn with the help of the Holy Spirit.

You have made bold statements about Jesus, the Bible, and judgment.

I share Scripture.

You quote stuff from the bible, and when anyone responds explaining what a real meaning might be, based on the words I SEE in the text... you say things like, 'I am a child of God and only we understand the true meaning of the Bible'.

Thing is, you can't take a verse out of context and attempt to explain it. I've given examples of doing that to a MLK speech and making him out to appear militant. You have to interpret the Bible with the Bible for it to make sense.

I think Jesus gave us a code to live by, but somehow you find a way to twist it into a selected few who will pass to Heaven, while the rest of us burn. Every time your thoughts on Jesus are questioned, quite well I must add... you dodge aside with some of the craziest things I've seen.

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No man may come to the Father but by me." - Jesus

Tell me, how am I twisting it?

There is no sense in me telling you what I think when I read the Bible, as you will just say I don't understand. There is no sense in me posting this, but I just did. You have a set of ideas that I feel must have been fed to you, and there is no room in your mind to admit you might be wrong on a point here or there. Somehow you feel you have the Bible all figured out... while the wisest of men still read it trying to figure out what it all means.

I am not irrational or bullheaded, Phlabit. Show me where I am in error and I will concede. Please quit painting me as some brainwashed cultist. I've studied and prayed for answers and can back them up with the inspired Word of God and other sources.

You 'say' you've solved the Bible with every post of yours, and act like Jesus' spokesman... while I feel you should go beyond what you've been told in Sunday School or on line... or wherever you pick up your info on what the Bible means.

Why, if I may be right, should I add more? To be politically correct? I'm interested in the Truth, not getting people's approval. I don't claim to know all the answers. I claim to have a belief firmly grounded and supported by evidence.

You make bold statements in the name of Jesus and (or) God, and when you are questioned about it, you blow it off like you know it all.

Well, when I am questioned by something other than with Scripture, if it isn't factual, I stick to God's word.

I don't think you do. I'm not a cut and paste kind of guy, but your posts are littered with contradictions and excuses... when you bother to respond to a post at all. I'm still trying to solve the meaning of life, I'm certainly no Atheist, Infidel, or Heathen! You seem to make everyone out to be these things, and I can't see how that would make Jesus happy.

I'm sorry you think so. I don't look down on anyone. I simply know that many of you do not understand the Bible, not due to ignorance, but due to studying it incorrectly or not at all.

4. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 04:17
    Originally posted by Darfius
    ...I do not and have not gone to church. .
    Pardon my intrusion. I remember the preacher at the church of my youth emphasizing parts of the Bible that commanded a ten percent tithe to the work of the Lord (i.e. to his church), and suggesting an offering of money even above and beyond that basic amount. Are you able to find a way to satisfy that part of the commandments of God without being active in a church?
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 04:18
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Pardon my intrusion. I remember the preacher at the church of my youth emphasizing parts of the Bible that commanded a ten percent tithe to the work of the Lord (i.e. to his church), and suggesting an offering of money even above and beyond that basic amount. Are you able to find a way to satisfy that part of the commandments of God without being active in a church?
    Show me the Scripture, please.
  6. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 04:191 edit
    Show me the Scripture, please.
    I've long since forgotten it, I'm afraid. Maybe somebody here can point us to it.
  7. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 04:24
    http://www.ucg.org/booklets/AT/q&a.htm

This link takes you to a page on tithing. Maybe I was wrong in thinking it was an explicit commandment. It may have been more of a "so-and-so gave a tenth of his possessions to God, and was mightily blessed for it" type of story in the Bible.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 04:361 edit
    [b]You read the Bible (I hope... I know you do). You seem to base a lot of your ideas on what was TOLD to you about what you read.

Again, I do not and have not gone to church. I do fellowship, but I am not told what to believe. I ...[text shortened]... o ignorance, but due to studying it incorrectly or not at all.

[/b]
    [/b]I'm not one to pick a post piece by piece, so I'll try to make this simple.

I appologize if you are not 'fed' what to think. You've made your decisions on your own, I guess. That is fine. I still think you are wrong. I offer your post where you state that some Bible verse means 'Chirstians' have the right to judge.

2bitLawyer and some others explained what the text might be about, posted the whole text... and it was nothing to do with Christians having a right to judge people.

You have done this in other threads also, and I will not search them down, cut-n-paste them. I've read all your posts, and it happens often enough to bring it up.

The first time we talked was in one of you threads and your style of debate. You are not debating. You come in with a bold statement, are often proven wrong... and claim no one can understand.

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No man may come to the Father but by me." - Jesus

That is fine, but this text does not mean to me that other good people will go to Hell if they don't shout out to Jesus. Jesus has many teachings that are good, and if we are good Jesus will let us into Heaven.

Jesus will judge us all when the time comes, if that is his job to do so... and depending how we lived our lives, he will do what he needs to do with us.

If he is like 'you say' and going to damn most all of us to Hell, again I say... 'I can't get behind that'.

P
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 05:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm not one to pick a post piece by piece, so I'll try to make this simple.

I appologize if you are not 'fed' what to think. You've made your decisions on your own, I guess. That is fine. I still think you are wrong. I offer your post where you state that some Bible verse means 'Chirstians' have the right to judge.

2bitLawyer and some ...[text shortened]... y' and going to damn most all of us to Hell, again I say... 'I can't get behind that'.

P[/b]
    What does it mean to you then? What exactly does 'but by me' mean?

And I don't judge. I rebuke with Scripture, as I am explicitly commanded to do. But I only do it out of love and concern.
  10. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 06:43

P
    4 ... Qf7+ ??

5 Bxf7

Aaarghhh
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 14:46
    What does it mean to you then? What exactly does 'but by me' mean?

And I don't judge. I rebuke with Scripture, as I am explicitly commanded to do. But I only do it out of love and concern.
    I already said in my post what it means.

P
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 21:21

P
    I forgot what was on the list.

BTW what list?
  13. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 21:41
    Duke, Duke, Duke... Duke [b]or Earl... Duke, Duke... Duke or Earl!

P[/b]
    Maybe you were The Duke in a previous life i.e John Wayne.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree