1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 17:40
    When starting from the correct premise(s).
    eg. Consciousness is eternal and therefore precedes the physical brain rather than the brain producing concsiousness
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 17:51
    @karoly-aczel said
    eg. Consciousness is eternal and therefore precedes the physical brain rather than the brain producing concsiousness
    Apparently Timothy Leary isn't dead after all.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 18:14
    @josephw said
    Apparently Timothy Leary isn't dead after all.
    Lol. No. Neither is Crowley 🤣
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:17
    @karoly-aczel said
    So you don't believe in a material world springing up from just material instead of something that transcends it?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:51
    @kellyjay said
    So you don't believe in a material world springing up from just material instead of something that transcends it?
    My beliefs are inconsequential .
    I merely try to convey information as accurately as possible. The formation of our world and then the rise of modern day humans is a long and complicated story.
    There is still so much generalising and general misunderstanding of words that I feel more specific parts of the human story will have to be clarified and agreed upon before any overall consensus can be reached
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:58
    Eternal means eternal. Without any start or end. This is basic.
    Anyway what use are dates when time is maluable. A mere act of measurement.
    I sense a lot of this forum is still focussing in the wrong areas rather than using they're own inner knowledge to get in sync
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 20:25
    @karoly-aczel said
    My beliefs are inconsequential .
    I merely try to convey information as accurately as possible. The formation of our world and then the rise of modern day humans is a long and complicated story.
    There is still so much generalising and general misunderstanding of words that I feel more specific parts of the human story will have to be clarified and agreed upon before any overall consensus can be reached
    I believe everyone does that, attempts to convey information as accurately as possible, but you are making some statements that require some justification. To suggest a general misunderstanding means you have some knowledge that others don't have that can allow you to know all of the who, whats, and whys. Even to suggest there are whose, whats, and whys require some knowledge. I hope you are prepared to site sources that give you this.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 20:32
    @karoly-aczel said
    Eternal means eternal. Without any start or end. This is basic.
    Anyway what use are dates when time is maluable. A mere act of measurement.
    I sense a lot of this forum is still focussing in the wrong areas rather than using they're own inner knowledge to get in sync
    Where do I think we leave the world of yeah, yeah we have agreed, is what is eternal, the universe or something or someone else? I'm tracking so far; eternal means eternal, I can buy into that completely. I have beliefs about how old the universe is, but there is no way I can prove it, and I am not even worried about it. I'm willing to grant anyone any amount of time they think they need, want, or desire. I think that will solve nothing concerning natural material solutions alone; as soon as we say there is a need for some intelligent involvement, a whole new can of worms has been open.
  9. Standard memberFilthyHerman
    Lover of Great Apes
    Brasov Zoo
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 21:15
    @karoly-aczel said
    Why do we think that this is true? Is the point on consciousness provable ?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 00:46
    @kellyjay said
    I believe everyone does that, attempts to convey information as accurately as possible, but you are making some statements that require some justification. To suggest a general misunderstanding means you have some knowledge that others don't have that can allow you to know all of the who, whats, and whys. Even to suggest there are whose, whats, and whys require some knowledge. I hope you are prepared to site sources that give you this.
    The source is me
    However I can provide cross references but feel that it is not worth the time because the point is to find the truth yourself.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 00:49
    @filthyherman said
    Why do we think that this is true? Is the point on consciousness provable ?
    I don't think it's true so much as I feel that following a logical process would make one arrive at a similar stance
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 03:49
    @karoly-aczel said
    The source is me
    However I can provide cross references but feel that it is not worth the time because the point is to find the truth yourself.
    Oh, so take your word for it, or look and hope I agree with your "assessment' 🙂
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 07:59
    @kellyjay said
    Where do I think we leave the world of yeah, yeah we have agreed, is what is eternal, the universe or something or someone else? I'm tracking so far; eternal means eternal, I can buy into that completely. I have beliefs about how old the universe is, but there is no way I can prove it, and I am not even worried about it. I'm willing to grant anyone any amount of time they th ...[text shortened]... as we say there is a need for some intelligent involvement, a whole new can of worms has been open.
    Yeah well that's the nature of Pandora's box. Once opened it can't be locked again
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 08:01
    @kellyjay said
    Oh, so take your word for it, or look and hope I agree with your "assessment' 🙂
    Yeah no worries I can trust Charlie.
    It took 47 years but once I could trust myself I gained the ability to trust others and other processes,etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree