1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 13:29
    Has anyone read the left behind series from Tim LaHay and Jerry Jenkins?

I have, and to my experience it was really good, infact, I'm reading it a second time now.

How did each of you find the accurateness of the story? Do some of you believe, or dont you?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 13:32
    Originally posted by Nicolaas

I have, and to my experience it was really good, infact, I'm reading it a second time now.

How did each of you find the accurateness of the story? Do some of you believe, or dont you?
    No, none of us believe. So please never mention this "Left Behind" nonsense again.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 13:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, none of us believe. So please never mention this "Left Behind" nonsense again.
    so now you r the one standing in for each of the other ppl saying they dont believe. you must be some kind of alien?

and, listen buddy, if you dont believe, take your nonsense somewhere else k!

no one is rude to u cause u dont believe! @#$%
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 13:421 edit
    If my sources are correct, Left Behind" is the book series about the Rapture and tribulations as prophecized in the Book of Revelation? How could one possibly comment on the accuracy of such a story? The biblical description of the tribulations are incredibly cryptic and vague including when the Rapture is actually supposed to occur (pre-, mid- or post-tribulation?). It's fiction. It's not accurate at all.

And, no, I don't believe.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 13:58
    so now you r the one standing in for each of the other ppl saying they dont believe. you must be some kind of alien?

and, listen buddy, if you dont believe, take your nonsense somewhere else k!

no one is rude to u cause u dont believe! @#$%
    No one is rude to me? I believe you just were. Just for that I'm going to keep my nonsense right here and mess up your pristine thread.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 13:59
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If my sources are correct, Left Behind" is the book series about the Rapture and tribulations as prophecized in the Book of Revelation? How could one possibly comment on the accuracy of such a story? The biblical description of the tribulations are incredibly cryptic and vague including when the Rapture is actually supposed to occur (pre-, mid- or post-tribulation?). It's fiction. It's not accurate at all.

And, no, I don't believe.
    well the question is for ppl who actually has read the books.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:01
    if you have not read the books, then please dont write anything. leave your comments for yourselve!

I am just curious how other ppl who has read them, find the story?
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:04
    well the question is for ppl who actually has read the books.
    What's to read? Jesus comes and whisks away all the Christians. The rest are left to suffer on Earth through a tribulation period of plagues and persecution. Why? I'm not too sure but I've heard it's because God is Love. Makes sense to me.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:04

Excellent series.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:05
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Excellent series.
    Is it accurate?
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:06
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is it accurate?
    To what I believe would happen in the near future - yes I believe it is correct.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:07
    To what I believe would happen in the near future - yes I believe it is correct.
    How near are we talking about? Will I still have time to read the series or should I pick up the abridged version?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:08
    if you have not read the books, then please dont write anything. leave your comments for yourselve!

I am just curious how other ppl who has read them, find the story?
    I guess I was wrong, Nicolaas. Dj2becker has read the series as well. I guess you two wild and crazy South Africans will have a lot to talk about.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:10

I got about half way through the series, before I got bored. Interesting, but fiction none the less.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:11
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I guess I was wrong, Nicolaas. Dj2becker has read the series as well. I guess you two wild and crazy South Africans will have a lot to talk about.
    Ah, South Africa. There's a revival goin' on!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree