1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 14:05
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What do you hope to achieve by typing all this?

I'm curious.
    My hope is what happened to me will happen to some of you. Perhaps some years from now, long after you have forgotten about jaywill and chessatwork, perhaps one evening something will arise in your heart whispering -

"You know, he who has the Son of God has eternal life".

But that is up to the Holy Spirit. But we teachers of the Bible do not believe that word of God will return to Him void. It will accomplish what it will accomplish.

Some will be softened. Others may be more hardened. Either way the living word of God will do its work.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 14:54
    This is the height of religious arrogance. You pontificate as if other religions have no validity and it simply isn't so. All this does is demonstrate the shallowness of your spirituality.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 15:19
    Originally posted by Badwater
    This is the height of religious arrogance. You pontificate as if other religions have no validity and it simply isn't so. All this does is demonstrate the shallowness of your spirituality.
    why have you got a picture of swissgambit in your avatar?
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 19:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why have you got a picture of swissgambit in your avatar?
    That is Alex, from my favorite Kubrick movie. I did not realize SG was Malcom McDowell cleverly disguised as SG.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 19:52
    That is Alex, from my favorite Kubrick movie. I did not realize SG was Malcom McDowell cleverly disguised as SG.
    Back in the day I used to have that same avatar, minus the milk. Robbie has a good memory.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 19:53
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Back in the day I used to have that same avatar, minus the milk. Robbie has a good memory.
    I realize that, but the milk is the whole point! 😉
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:091 edit
    Lol, its really very funny, i for ages really thought that this was Swiss Gambit! i am gonna check out the movie.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:14
    I was using it to characterize a feud I was having at the time with IVV [In Vino Veritas] clan, and thus kept the focus on the guy who beat up winos for fun.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:15
    Lol, its really very funny, i for ages really thought that this was Swiss Gambit! i am gonna check out the movie.
    Avatars are fun. I already got asked in another thread if I am wearing a dunce cap in 'my' photo. Scores of new users probably think I'm a black guy with a funny hat now. Hard to recognize Tiger Woods at 50x50 resolution, isn't it?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:161 edit

I'm curious.
    Actually Knob my friend..I completely agree with you on this. For the time I've been on the forums now I still don't see why he has to write so much to explain something. He says getting saved is easy but it doesn't appear so with all he writes.
    The Bible is crystal clear that there is more involved then just saying I believe in Christ. If it was that easy then why do many work so hard for it? It is a gift that ones might get if they REMAIN faithful until the end and even then it's not a given by any means.
    And on a personal note I've had a few relitives that believe as Jay does that they are saved NOW and it seems in their mind that they are above ones who aren't or who don't believe in such a thing. A little arrogance that I've always detected from them. Certianly not an attitude that Jesus would approve of.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:19
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Avatars are fun. I already got asked in another thread if I am wearing a dunce cap in 'my' photo. Scores of new users probably think I'm a black guy with a funny hat now. Hard to recognize Tiger Woods at 50x50 resolution, isn't it?
    Lol, funky doo dah hat!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:27
    mmm it seems that a clockwork orange is out for Robbie.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 21:17
    mmm it seems that a clockwork orange is out for Robbie.
    Dude I was gonna say, Clockwork Orange is like Ma++++!!! . And as another JW told me anything with that kind of rating shouldn't be viewed by JW's.
    I suppose Bruno would just be like pointless sexist crap, and ... no sir... sorry sir... we didn't mean to upset your finely tuned crap detector. 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 08:1610 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Dude I was gonna say, Clockwork Orange is like Ma++++!!! . And as another JW told me anything with that kind of rating shouldn't be viewed by JW's.
    I suppose Bruno would just be like pointless sexist crap, and ... no sir... sorry sir... we didn't mean to upset your finely tuned crap detector. 🙂
    sorry dude, gang rape and ultra violence is not my thing! Now you may ask yourself the question why should this be the case, surely there is a reason why a professing Christian may find it objectionable? yes yes and the answer is here,

(Philippians 4:8-9) . . .Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things.  The things that you learned as well as accepted and heard and saw in connection with me, practice these; and the God of peace will be with you.

its hard to see how rape and ultra violence may be considered chaste and virtuous, at least to my mind, dont you think? then again one needs a finely tuned sense of morality and a conscience that is working.

as for Bruno, i dont really do guys dressing up as chicks, what can i say, i like my chicks to be feminine, you know, with curves and waxed legs, not with beards and lipstick but hey, every man to his own, if seeing some dude in chicks cloths turns you on, who am i to rock your boat. As for its satirical value, well i dont find the subject matter particularly tasteful either.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 09:061 edit

I'm curious.
    jaywill is just doing the best he can like everyone else. He feels that the message that he has is important and wants to share it, so what's the deal? i dont see how he has negated another's faith by doing it. He is not attacking anyone is he? really a little kindness can do great things!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree