1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 14:39
    @deepthought said
    There are a number of difficulties with this. The first is that sociopathy is not a standardized term with a clear meaning. I'll take it to mean what psychologists call Dark Triad traits. The Dark Triad is narcissism, psychopathy and machiavellianism. Someone with Dark Triad traits would be attracted to power, but having achieved power, it would not corrupt them, t ...[text shortened]... aid, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of the people.

Mark 14:1-2 [i]AKJV
    [/quote]
    I will have to figure out who said this first I quote it often. Power reveals corruption; absolute power will reveal it absolutely.
  2. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 20:341 edit
    @DeepThought
    First, nit-picking and over-analyzing definitions won't get you anywhere. The natural reality is that some small percentage of people have sociopathic minds, while another small percentage are just the opposite - they won't allow power to corrupt them and will sacrifice their paychecks and lives to save innocent people from great harm. These people have lost their licenses, lost their jobs, were run out of the country, or imprisoned for their good deeds, all because they were a threat to the wealthy and powerful. Unfortunately, the way our society is set up, the sociopathic ones rise to the top much easier than the anti-sociopaths. When these people start to influence and control governments, the harm they cause can be horrific. And if you want to see what real evil is, go live in a war zone for a month.

Second, there's nothing wrong with a wealthy life filled with joy; what's so wrong and toxic is the inequality of wealth; and what we have today is not a 3 to 1 or a 10 to 1 inequality, but over a million to 1. For every single super-rich there is about 10 thousand living in horrible poverty.

Third, have you ever been around super-rich? I have. On a business level they see the lower 99.9% of people as just numbers on a spreadsheet. On a personal level they see them as less than animals - sort of like we see garbage.

Fourth, when I was growing up our teachers taught us this: Whenever someone kicks you it's very important to always kick them back twice as hard. At the same time we had the lowest crime-rate on the planet ... thus virtually no "evil". We also had the lowest wealth inequality, the healthiest children, and chronic diseases like cancer or diabetes were non-existent.

And finally, if you manage to dig up some Biblical passage that says how good wealth inequality is, it might be beneficial to read another book.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 21:39
    @bunnyknight said
    @DeepThought
    First, nit-picking and over-analyzing definitions won't get you anywhere. The natural reality is that some small percentage of people have sociopathic minds, while another small percentage are just the opposite - they won't allow power to corrupt them and will sacrifice their paychecks and lives to save innocent people from great harm. These people have los ...[text shortened]... blical passage that says how good wealth inequality is, it might be beneficial to read another book.
    It seems like all your issues have to do with wealth inequality, isn't that like only having a hammer, so all your problems look like nails?
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 10:102 edits
    @bunnyknight said
    @DeepThought
    First, nit-picking and over-analyzing definitions won't get you anywhere. The natural reality is that some small percentage of people have sociopathic minds, while another small percentage are just the opposite - they won't allow power to corrupt them and will sacrifice their paychecks and lives to save innocent people from great harm. These people have los ...[text shortened]... blical passage that says how good wealth inequality is, it might be beneficial to read another book.
    What have you written there that contradicts my post?

Edit: And more to the point, what is your justification for your claim that Jesus was crucified because he campaigned against wealth inequality?

Edit 2:
    Whenever someone kicks you it's very important to always kick them back twice as hard.
    Then your teachers were wrong. There is no justification for escalating the amount of force. The ancient laws were "An eye for an eye.", not kill them and their entire families.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 10:49
    @bunnyknight said
    At the same time we had the lowest crime-rate on the planet ... thus virtually no "evil". We also had the lowest wealth inequality, the healthiest children, and chronic diseases like cancer or diabetes were non-existent.
    How is the weather these days in cloud cuckoo land?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree