1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 May '07 19:57
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Then sub-atomic particles, then strings(?), then whatever. Matter and energy are two halves of the same coin, manifesting as different entities at higher levels. I have no probelm with reclassifying their language if science or philosophy suggest such a move is necessary, I don't know much about the physics at such a level. The problem I think is that we ...[text shortened]... tegrate those categories and classifications that reside at the level of immediate experience.
    It might not do us any good but we all do it. People exchanged fear of demons for bacterophobia...It's also a cop-out.
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 May '07 09:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That would be analagous to brain cells getting bored waiting for input from another part of the brain or sensory organ. Inapplicable. The real problem would be, given a conscious entity made out of the parts available in intergalactic and interstellar space, it would not have time to think many thoughts due to the unbelievably slow passage of light on that ...[text shortened]... ocesses leading to thoughts would also take billions of years. You can't have it both ways.
    I was joking. 😉

One small thing, what has light got to do with it? I haven't got any light in my head but my brain works none the less...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree