1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 16:00
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Oh, I hadn't see this when I made my offer to galveston75. But we'll see if Galveston75 is, as he professed, not closed-minded on the issue.
    I'll pass on your offer only because I do not give out my addres to anyone online that I do not know. Fair enough?

But in responce I have read many things by Coyne as well as some of his videos. He is very slick and conviencing isn't he especially about the key work "theory"?
    But.....still no proof from but a lot of degrading expressions to those who see the falsness of evolution, as usual.

So let me throw this out there...

Let's say my last name is Franklin and I claim to be Benjamins great, great, etc, nephew.
    The reason I'm interested is because there is a very large amount of money that has been found that I could inherit, if I am infact related to him, as none of his offspring ever claimed it.
    So in "theory" I could really be related, right? So do I just walk up to he bank and get the money? Nope, not even close.
    What if my grandmother was from his hometown of Boston? Well, looking better huh? So now do I get the money? Nope not even close.
    So what would I have to show for proof that I am actually for sure, positively his decendant?

Are you getting the point here?

So evolutionist say that we are from some other animal that we evolved from from ions ago. They say it is for real and have the proof in the fossil record.
    Ok...let me see that proof just as the bank in Boston needs to see the proof that I am actually who I say I am.

As complicated as you guys try to make evolution and say us non educated bible people need to go to school to really learn evolution, "then you'll see", it really isn't complicated at all.
    You say there is proof in the fossil record, not only for humans but any animal? Let me see it.....
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 16:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'll pass on your offer only because I do not give out my addres to anyone online that I do not know. Fair enough?

But in responce I have read many things by Coyne as well as some of his videos. He is very slick and conviencing isn't he especially about the key work "theory"?
    But.....still no proof from but a lot of degrading expressions to those ...[text shortened]... say there is proof in the fossil record, not only for humans but any animal? Let me see it.....
    You have internet access. You are surrounded by sites willing to explain evolution, yet feel the need to ask others to educate you. You are like a shopper in the produce section of a grocery store demanding proof of the existence of apples.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 16:10
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You have internet access. You are surrounded by sites willing to explain evolution, yet feel the need to ask others to educate you. You are like a shopper in the produce section of a grocery store demanding proof of the existence of apples.
    he doesn't really want to learn. he is asking for one ultimate proof that would answer all questions. he is asking publicly, on a chess forum, so as to ignore the answers, maybe post some creationist garbage and then whine nobody read it.

kind of like me asking einstein to prove the theory of relativity with 3 words or less.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 17:311 edit

But.....still no proof from but a lot of degrading expressions to those ...[text shortened]... say there is proof in the fossil record, not only for humans but any animal? Let me see it.....
    Only because?

Ok - I'll have it delivered to any postal address in the US under any name you choose.

The proof you ask for, by the way, is in the book.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 17:52
    Only because?

Ok - I'll have it delivered to any postal address in the US under any name you choose.

His Kingdom Hall would be a good choice.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 18:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    His Kingdom Hall would be a good choice.
    Well, I think you and I both know I won't be sending it anywhere.

Thanks for the recommendation by the way. Fascinating stuff.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:06
    Ok...let me see that proof just as the bank in Boston needs to see the proof that I am actually who I say I am.
    Are you happy with my first post? I need to know if you have understood it before I proceed.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:15
    Not a good example (but I take your point). Apples are self evident, evolution and creation are not.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not a good example (but I take your point). Apples are self evident, evolution and creation are not.
    To a biologist, it's that obvious.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:241 edit
    To a biologist, it's that obvious.
    To a theist it's that obvious.

Actually, to this one it isn't but I'm just making a point.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:26
    To a theist it's that obvious.
    Not really. Many theists are fine with evolution, whereas very few biologists are not.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:331 edit
    Not really. Many theists are fine with evolution, whereas very few biologists are not.
    Sorry, no I meant to a theist god is that obvious.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:40
    Sorry, no I meant to a theist god is that obvious.
    That may be, although that's a separate topic.

On that topic, I have made an effort to educate myself on arguments for and against God's existence. I try to give reasons why theism is not so obvious to me and not just ask them to prove that it's true.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:56
    Hummm, I don't believe I asked to be educated, I asked for anyone who can to prove that evolution is a fact to show the information that it is now indeed a fact as so far no one ever has.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 20:00
    Only because?

Lol. I see so far no one is willing to take the time to show the proof. Still dodging this simple request.
    Why is this such a hard thing for you and the others to do?

Is it because with anything you might past here and quote from it is still going to be so vague in it's answers that you know it's not going to prove anything?

Go back and re read my opening post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree