Moves
    09 May '08 13:18
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, look at the parts and how they are put together and work
    together doing different things, but these things combined get
    the car functioning as a means of transportation. Look at life it
    too has various systems and they do different things, but working
    together to get if functioning. Look at the car it has temperature
    regulation on some of its part ...[text shortened]... uch more complex manner it does too
    and the list goes on and can go on if you want more.
    Kelly
    So you have shown that cars and life share some properties. But you do not explain why those properties are indicative of design. If it was a known fact that they were then you would not have needed the car example in the first place. In fact if life is not designed then it proves that those properties are not sufficient to indicate design.
    So, pick one of those properties and explain why it is indicative of design.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '08 17:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you have shown that cars and life share some properties. But you do not explain why those properties are indicative of design. If it was a known fact that they were then you would not have needed the car example in the first place. In fact if life is not designed then it proves that those properties are not sufficient to indicate design.
    So, pick one of those properties and explain why it is indicative of design.
    You really need to be told why a car is designed?
    Kelly
  3. Australia
    Moves
    10 May '08 02:591 edit
    That may not be true, but you say it as if it were, and that alone
    makes you ignore what could be design in life? So you see what
    you want, and ignore what could also be true! What you see in life
    are systems far more complex than those in a car, what you assume
    is that they came together over time by themselves and no design
    was ever required.
    Kelly
    In another thread you yet again brought up irreducible complexity as weak evidence against evolution. I responded with a a peer reviewed paper and an excellent book source, both showing how life is NOT irreducibly complex.........

Guess what, you ignored the post (which surprises no one).

I'm not going down the same avenue again with you, as you obviously have no ambition to actually learn answers to the questions you ask people. You are just being obtuse.

Of course I ignore what has ZERO evidence for or even a single testable prediction i.e. ID / creation, only stupid people ignore evidence over myth.

Start providing either of the above and I will quiet happily and without bias consider your evidence...... but lets face it KJ you are never going to provide any, all you will do is produce vague statements, misdirections, side steps etc

Until then, 150 years of evidence and testable predictions yet to produce 1 false result will remain the best and only explanation at this time.

Care to start producing evidence for your claims?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 May '08 08:591 edit
    You really need to be told why a car is designed?
    Kelly
    Yes I do.

You have in the past claimed that you do not lie and that your believe what you say. I find it strange therefore that you frequently do what you are doing now and avoid answering certain questions. Isn't that deception as well as an admission that you do not in fact believe some of your statements?
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 May '08 22:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The thought of Intelligent Design is not other than the religious Creationism.
    It has nothing to do with science.
    Right. Thirteen pages of posts on a topic that does belong here, but should be in the Religion forum instead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree