1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 04:092 edits
    3Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

4In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

5You will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah Then the LORD, my God, will come, and all the holy ones with Him!

His feet will touch the Mt of Olives. Contrast this with the book of Acts

The Ascension Acts 1
    9And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them.

11They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

G75 your teachers are mis-leading you. Jesus will come back this is from the bible.

Manny
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 21:24
    Originally posted by menace71
    3Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

4In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and ...[text shortened]...
    G75 your teachers are mis-leading you. Jesus will come back this is from the bible.

Manny
    Exactly. The feet of Jesus will touch down on that physical place. Who knows? Maybe He will come down to the same spot from which He ascended.

At any rate it is evident and amazing that this age will end with a man and his armies assembling to physically fight against Jesus Christ. Perhaps Antichrist will use advanced weopons against Jesus.

It will be to no avail. Christ and His "mighty ones", His overcoming believers chosen to accompany Him, will defeat His enemies with a word.

Can you imagine modern man trying to physically fight against the Son of God with human weopons ? I would not believe it if the Bible did not indicate so.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 23:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]To much can be proven thru history with prophecies and archeological proof.

Lots can also be disproven.[/b]
    But nothing in the Bible has ever been disproven.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 01:291 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Exactly. The feet of Jesus will touch down on that physical place. Who knows? Maybe He will come down to the same spot from which He ascended.

At any rate it is evident and amazing that this age will end with a man and his armies assembling to physically fight against Jesus Christ. Perhaps Antichrist will use advanced weopons against Jesus.

It wi the Son of God with human weopons ? I would not believe it if the Bible did not indicate so.
    Well then when that Mt of Olives starts splitting it's sure gonna make a mess of things there...
    So is this where Jesus or God or Both will be ruling from or is it in Zion or is it in Jerusalem or in the city mentioned in Revelation the 21st chapter? And then what about this River of Life? Where does it go exactly as it flows?
    Also how does every eye see him if he's just in that part of the world?
    Also it says this City would be 12,000 furlongs wide, long and high. Any idea how high that would be? If my math is right ( correct me if I'm wrong here ) I'd say about 1500 miles high? Hummm! Think it's still real and on earth?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 05:242 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well then when that Mt of Olives starts splitting it's sure gonna make a mess of things there...
    So is this where Jesus or God or Both will be ruling from or is it in Zion or is it in Jerusalem or in the city mentioned in Revelation the 21st chapter? And then what about this River of Life? Where does it go exactly as it flows?
    Also how does every eye I'm wrong here ) I'd say about 1500 miles high? Hummm! Think it's still real and on earth?
    =======================================

That will depend upon whose side you are on.

===================================
    So is this where Jesus or God or Both will be ruling from or is it in Zion or is it in Jerusalem or in the city mentioned in Revelation the 21st chapter?
    =====================================

The city New Jerusalem mentioned in Revelation 21 and 22 is a SIGN of the climax of God's salvation to all His redeemed people. It is the last and greatest symbol of the totality of God wrought into man in a mingled way.

This Bride or Wife is essentially the church who is the wife in Ephesians chapter 5. But she has been enlarged to include all the saints of old and new covenant. The twelve names of the apostles on her twelve foundations represent the new covenamt saints. And the twelve names of the twelve tribes of Israel represent the old covenant saints.

New Jerusalem is the final and consummate climax of God's dispensing His life and nature into His people.

During the 1,000 years Christ will keep certain promises to the nation of Israel and will reign over the earth from Jerusalem.

Revelation 19 and 20 speaks of His reigning during the 1,000 years. And Revelation 21 and 22 speak of His reigning in the eternal age of the new heaven and the new earth following the millennium.

=================================
    And then what about this River of Life?
    ===============================

The river of water of life represents God the Holy Spirit dispensing Himself into the entire city of New Jerusalem. Remember the revelation was made known to John through "signs" (Rev. 1:1)

When you see this river of water of life you should be reminded of the Holy Spirit Jesus said would be installed within the innermost being of His saved ones:

"Now in the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, if anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. He who believes into Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:37-39)

The river of life in Revelation 21 and 22 is the Holy Spirit of the glorified Godman Jesus flowing through the innermost being of all the constituents of New Jerusalem. Since it is pouring out of the throne of God it represents that each saved persons innermost being is directly joined to the throne of God. He rules by dispensing His divine life into His people.

This is also the significance of the river flowing in the middle of the golden street. This means that as man walks by the divine nature of the Father (symbolized by the golden street) the flowing of the Spirit of the Triune God dispenses divine life into the entire city.

Into the entire city means into every inhabitant of New Jerusalem. For eternity the Triune God is imparting His life and nature into His people. And they walk by this divine life and nature.

This scene is just a consummation of what all Christians should be experiencing in forestaste form today. We should have our walk by the nature of the Father and receive the dispensing of the Holy Spirit. Our innermost being should be joined to the authority of God, His ruling throne.

Where does it go exactly as it flows?
    =================================

In the signit flows from the throne of God through the middle of the golden street. There is only ONE street in New Jerusalem. The Bible does not say the streets of the city but the STREET (singular) of the city. This is symbolic.

The city is mountain of gold. The street spirals up the mountain going around and around. That is why the twelve gates each touch the one street. You see the spiraling street circles around at the base so that north, south, east, and west each have an intrance right onto the street.

This is symbolism. This is a sign. Man walks by God. Man is built up to be a dwelling place of God. Man is transformed to express God. Man is eating Christ as the tree of life, walking the golden way of the Father's divine nature, and drinking the water of life of the Holy Spirit.

The sign of New Jerusalem fully expresses the working of the Trinity.

======================================
    Also how does every eye see him if he's just in that part of the world?
    ===========================

The Bible says all the tribes of the land will see Him. That would mean the Jewish tribes in the Holy Land will see Christ descend. Some translations give the impression that it meant all the tribes of the earth (See Rev. 1:7) - Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes OF THE LAND will mourn over Him ..."

===============================
    Also it says this City would be 12,000 furlongs wide, long and high. Any idea how high that would be? If my math is right ( correct me if I'm wrong here ) I'd say about 1500 miles high? Hummm! Think it's still real and on earth?
    ==================================

The New Jerusalem in Revelation 21 and 22 is a SIGN. Much needs to be said about this.

But first the healing of the leaves of the tree upon the nations has a special meaning also. Not all the peoples on the new earth will be sons of God. The people who are not born again during that time will be the nations surrounding the city in the sign. They will be restored and healed to live in the state that Adam lived before he fell.

Adam never ate of the tree of life. So this healing of the leaves is a healing over the nations because of the benefit of the presence of God's sons as rulers over them. The sons of God eat the tree of life meaning they take God into them. The restored nations around the New Jerusalem do not take God into them and do not "eat of the tree of life". But they are healed by the conduct and ministry of the sons of God who constitute New Jerusalem.

Fruit is to be eaten - taken into one's being. Leaves are for healing, an outward touch and blessing.

The Triune God's perfect will is with those who take into them the divine life of God to be built up as His habitation. Secondary to that is the blessing upon the nations living around New Jerusalem and walking by her great light.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 14:14
    [b]=======================================

That will depend upon whose side you are on.

So is this where Jesus or God or Both will be ruling from or is it in ...[text shortened]... g upon the nations living around New Jerusalem and walking by her great light.
    Well, I really don't see that you answered my questions. Let's just go to the last one and the size of that city. Anymore thoughts on that? Because the description of it would make it impossible to be real.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 05:05
    So G75 what is this talking about? Why did these men in white even bother saying that this Jesus whom you've seen will return in the same way? Were they lying?

The Ascension Act 1:9-11
    9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them.

11They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

Manny
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 18:22
    Originally posted by menace71
    So G75 what is this talking about? Why did these men in white even bother saying that this Jesus whom you've seen will return in the same way? Were they lying?

The Ascension Act 1:9-11
    9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10And as they were gazing intently ...[text shortened]... nto heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

Manny
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20080101/article_03.htm

You may not look this up but you should and have your Bible out and look up the scriptures in your Bible.

But just a couple questions and thoughts for you to think on.

If Jesus was going to rule this Kingdom from Earth, why did he go back to heaven after his resurrection? He had completed the ransom for us, so now why not just start the rule of the Kingdom then and do all that was included with that?

Was Jesus a human and in flesh when he was seen going up into the clouds or was he a spirit when that statement was made about those few men who were watching him? Notice Acts 1: 9-11 says he would return in the "Same Manner". Again he was a spirit, not flesh.

Matt 24:37-39 says his "presence" would be among us. Not one scripture says he would be physically among us.

John 14:19 says the world, or mankind would not behold him anymore. But he said to his faithful Apostles would. Where would this be? Are not his faithfull Apostles resurrected to heaven? If not where have they been?

Acts 13:34 Says he would never return to corruption. If he came back to earth which is full of corruption this scripture is not true. And if he came back what would keep someone from killing him again?

Rev 1:7 says he would return in the clouds. No mention ever in the Bible of Jesus ever setting foot on the earth again.

Just a few scriptures to reason on Manny. Take your time and think about this a little. I can give more if you want.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 19:413 edits
    Well, I really don't see that you answered my questions. Let's just go to the last one and the size of that city. Anymore thoughts on that? Because the description of it would make it impossible to be real.
    I answered your questions for the most part.

Okay, take the last question you asked about New Jerusalem. Re-read my comments. Forget about the extra things I mentioned. Just find the answer to your question.

Hint.

Look for the word "SIGN" or the use of the world SYMBOLIC.

Don't give me this "You didn't answer my questions" stuff. I think that is a bluff. Or you just didn't read carefully what I wrote.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 20:01
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20080101/article_03.htm

You may not look this up but you should and have your Bible out and look up the scriptures in your Bible.

But just a couple questions and thoughts for you to think on.

If Jesus was going to rule this Kingdom from Earth, why did he go back to heaven after his resurrection? He had completed th ...[text shortened]... reason on Manny. Take your time and think about this a little. I can give more if you want.
    G75 when he returns It will be as the ruler of the universe!! He allowed Himself to be handled by man so as to be put on a cross. He could have at anytime called down a legion of angels to defend Himself but that was not His plan. Actually when the Mt. of olives splits I bet it will make a massive mess LOL 🙂 I think J-Will said imagine man trying to fight Jesus upon His return? With what kind of weapons?? What a joke. He is coming back as a victor to crush the enemies.

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 20:04
    Also upon His resurrection "doubting" Thomas was allowed to place His hands in Christ wounds how about that? Very Personal I would say. Jesus does not mind the doubter but once he reviews himself you will be without excuse.

Manny
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 20:111 edit
    ...No mention ever in the Bible of Jesus ever setting foot on the earth again.
    Oh Really? Read this :

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
    Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
    Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
    Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 21:14
    Sorry Manny. I just realised you already quoted this verse and G75 ignored it.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 21:14
    I answered your questions for the most part.

Okay, take the last question you asked about New Jerusalem. Re-read my comments. Forget about the extra things I mentioned. Just find the answer to your question.

Hint.

Look for the word [b]"SIGN"
    or the use of the world SYMBOLIC.

Don't give me this "You didn't answer my questions" stuff. I think that is a bluff. Or you just didn't read carefully what I wrote.[/b]
    I looked over my answer once again.

Where does the river flow? You asked that and maybe I was not clear.

It flows into the whole city. The city is symbolic. So the sign of the river flowing down the mountain in the middle of the street is a revelation of God despensing Himself into the entire body of His sons.

No, I do not believe a 1500 hundred mile structure with gates produced by a gigantic oyster will hover within the earith's grvitational field.

I believe we are seeing in Rev. 21,22 a SIGN of a profound reality - symbolism.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 21:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Sorry Manny. I just realised you already quoted this verse and G75 ignored it.
    i would ignore you as well, your slanderers and liars.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree