1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 12:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Is it your serious contention that people are poor just because they are too lazy? Or are you just trolling?
    Some people are too lazy to work. Some people are drunks or drug
    addicts. Some people are just too irresponsible to hold a job. You
    think I should really give them my hard earned money when the
    Federal government is already taking some of my money to give to
    them already?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 12:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    them already?
    what about Jesus, was he poor because he was too lazy to work? a drug addict?
    irresponsible? Do tell.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 15:17
    them already?
    Some people are lazy yes, but that doesn't mean everyone who is poor is lazy does it? And it's not what i think you should do, it's what the Bible and Jesus tells you to do -

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'"

Matthew 25:41-45

"Jesus answered, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'"

Matthew 19:21

Shall i go on?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:37
    Some people are lazy yes, but that doesn't mean everyone who is poor is lazy does it? And it's not what i think you should do, it's what the Bible and Jesus tells you to do -

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you ...[text shortened]... ure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'"

Matthew 19:21

Shall i go on?
    Now this is nice. An atheist who thinks he is a Bible expert all of a sudden.
    It will taken many years of study before somebody like you will understand
    anything in the Holy Bible.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about Jesus, was he poor because he was too lazy to work? a drug addict?
    irresponsible? Do tell.
    Who said Jesus was poor? Haven't you read he had a treasurer?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 08:33
    Now this is nice. An atheist who thinks he is a Bible expert all of a sudden.
    It will taken many years of study before somebody like you will understand
    anything in the Holy Bible.
    An atheist who thinks he is a Bible expert all of a sudden.

What nonsense. Where have i claimed to be a 'Bible expert'? Now answer my point, or rather Jesus points and explain why these Biblical verse are not applicable to you.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 10:42
    them already?
    Some yes.

Not most.

I bet you hate the idea of paying your taxes because you don't use the street lights at night, or never had a fire in your house and needed the brigade? I bet that thought gets right up your nose, that you pay taxes for a system that covers every possible adversity that could go wrong at any time for you and your need.
    Yet, you'll never need it, of course, because God is carrying you, and when you walk in sand you don't leave foot steps.

People become ill and unable to work. People get fat-cat pension companies disappear with their savings. Some people need to resort to street begging, and it takes a heck of a lot of dignity to actually do it, when one cares for self.

For somebody who touts as a christian, with all the knowledge of the bible as you portray to know, you are: very immature, unknowledgeable about the true metaphors contained in the 'book', selfish, and downright unthoughtful.

I see you as one of these neighbours in your area talking to your wife. "He just got a new mower, we need to get a bigger and better one," as you polish your shiny car, on a Sunday morning, ready to go shiny new to shiny church.

Shine on my son. with a 't'.

-m.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 14:31
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Some yes.

Not most.

I bet you hate the idea of paying your taxes because you don't use the street lights at night, or never had a fire in your house and needed the brigade? I bet that thought gets right up your nose, that you pay taxes for a system that covers every possible adversity that could go wrong at any time for you and your need.
    Yet, you'll ...[text shortened]... morning, ready to go shiny new to shiny church.

Shine on my son. with a 't'.

-m.
    You are completely wrong about me. That is because you don't really
    know me. You only hypothesize based on what little you know just like
    many scientist and you all get it wrong.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 14:32
    [b]An atheist who thinks he is a Bible expert all of a sudden.

What nonsense. Where have i claimed to be a 'Bible expert'? Now answer my point, or rather Jesus points and explain why these Biblical verse are not applicable to you.[/b]
    I have explained this before. Apparently you have gotten amnesia on
    that part.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 07:19
    You are completely wrong about me. That is because you don't really
    know me. You only hypothesize based on what little you know just like
    many scientist and you all get it wrong.
    I want to know you as much as I want to know Dasa, Green Paladin, and what comes out of my butt when I go for a #2, as all three smell of the same thing.

-m. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree