1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    03 May '10 00:191 edit
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+11&version=KJV

And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

2And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched.

Those people were traveling around the desert for years. Hunger, thirst, malnutrition, diseases, weariness... All that they did was complaining. Maybe about the lack of food and water. Maybe about the endless wandering that in normal conditions would take something like a month. But either they way they just complained. And for that they had to be burnt to death.
    If He really was compassionate wouldn't he realized that complaining was only to be expected at those conditions?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Kings+2&version=KJV
    23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

42 children make fun of a bald man and God commands two bears to tear the 42 children to pieces. Surely I'm not the only that sees this as unfit to a caring, loving God. Children for crying out loud!

I guess this all part of his plan: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+45&version=NIV

I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the LORD, do all these things.

The "create disaster" part is also translated as "create calamity" or "create evil".

So a loving, caring, forgiving God creates disaster, evil and calamity?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 00:30
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+11&version=KJV

[quote]And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

2And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto ...[text shortened]...
    ".

So a loving, caring, forgiving God creates disaster, evil and calamity?[/b]
    Just look at the great flood.

Gen. 7:21-23
    And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died. He (god) blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the ground, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth.

A real peach of a god, eh?
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    03 May '10 00:431 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Just look at the great flood.

Gen. 7:21-23
    And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died. He (god) blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the ground, man and animals an ...[text shortened]... d birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth.

A real peach of a god, eh?
    Indeed! One of the most horrific stories I know is told as a sign of compassion. 😵

And don't you forget to stone your children to death if they disobey to you:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+21%3A18-21&version=KJV
    18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
    19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
    20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
    21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

And Jesus is down with that!: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+15&version=KJV
    4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
    5But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
    6And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Good thing he's a caring, loving and compassionate God. I can't even imagine the things he'd do if he was mean.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:02
    Do you really think I care about your criticisms about God? It doesn't bother me at all. In fact it humors me to read them. Like watching children playing at the park.

Silly children. Don't you know there is no God? What I would be concerned about if I were you is the reality of the human condition. It's one thing to joke about a non-existent God, but quite another to observe the cruelty and hatred with which mankind has dealt with its' own.
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's one thing to joke about a non-existent God, but quite another to observe the cruelty and hatred with which mankind has dealt with its' own.
    What are you trying to say with this bit?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:24
    Do you really think I care about your criticisms about God? It doesn't bother me at all. In fact it humors me to read them. Like watching children playing at the park.

Silly children. Don't you know there is no God? What I would be concerned about if I were you is the reality of the human condition. It's one thing to joke about a non-existent God, but quite another to observe the cruelty and hatred with which mankind has dealt with its' own.
    Pointing out how morally debased your own text, the bible, depicts your alleged god as being does not mean we actually believe he exists.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:371 edit
    Pointing out how morally debased your own text, the bible, depicts your alleged god as being does not mean we actually believe he exists.
    Yet, if the God of the Bible exists, you all still are not striken down by him for such harsh judgement of him.

If so, this would mean what to you in regards to his judgements?
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yet, if the God of the Bible exists, you all still are not striken down by him for such harsh judgement of him.

If so, this would mean what to you in regards to his judgements?
    Huh?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 02:11
    According to your understanding and the indoctrination you've been through I'm not surprised you think so.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 02:12
    Huh?
    In other words, if God is so evil why aren't you dead.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 May '10 02:18
    There's nothing there but your own delusion. Is is only a vinegar-filled sponge for your craven ego.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 02:36
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    There's nothing there but your own delusion. Is is only a vinegar-filled sponge for your craven ego.
    So what do you do for your craven ego?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '10 03:141 edit
    Someone understands Whodey!! 😀

So naturally, this leaves us with two possibilities if God is "evil". Either he does not exist or is not all powerful. In fact, any joy you have, or may have had, in your life would have to be a direct result of his incompetence.
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 May '10 04:14
    So what do you do for your craven ego?
    Try to be honest to myself and others while recognizing the limitations of my knowledge and understanding.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 10:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Someone understands Whodey!! 😀

So naturally, this leaves us with two possibilities if God is "evil". Either he does not exist or is not all powerful. In fact, any joy you have, or may have had, in your life would have to be a direct result of his incompetence.
    "In fact, any joy you have, or may have had, in your life would have to be a direct result of his incompetence."

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

"..to them that love God..", and "..who are the called.."

That is, those of us who have responded in faith to His call.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree