1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I already answered that. I said I would not worship a god that demands human sacrifice.
    did you? maybe i read you wrong, you appeared to be saying you wouldnt bow to a fake god.

would you bow to the christian god of the o.t?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:021 edit
    It is no wonder atheists laugh at and ridicule Christians. Some of you people are just plain dumb. On another thread KJ decides that he has the right to redefine standard accepted definitions used in the English Language. Now you cannot read a couple simple sentences and answer a straighforward question. Your answer has nothing to do with the question asked.
    In another thread I tell everyone I believe in a young earth thousands not
    millions or billions of years old, but do not claim it is a factual statement,
    it is a matter of faith. I also claim that everyone who thinks they know how
    old the earth and universe are, are making claims of faith. Those that go
    on and on about it is a fact not faith, are making the claims they cannot
    be wrong, that is a huge statement of faith too in my opinion, and a very
    stupid one since any new piece of information may cause all they think
    they know could come into question.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    on and on about it is a fact not faith, are making ...[text shortened]... ny new piece of information may cause all they think
    Kelly
    "and a very
    stupid one since any new piece of information may cause all they think
    they know could come into question."

kelly, any new information can change any situation....does that mean we should not believe anything as fact??? does this mean following your logic that we should just get rid of the word 'fact'??? under what conditions do you believe something can be called a 'fact'?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    lets split them into the o.t. and n.t. bible gods. would you react differently to each?
    Yes. But even with that split, there is a wide variety of possible interpretation for both gods and my reaction would depend on which particular interpretation I took to be the case.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:12
    I already answered that. I said I would not worship a god that demands human sacrifice.
    Even if not worshiping him meant eternal punishment, and worshiping him mean eternal reward?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:14
    kelly, any new information can change any situation....does that mean we should not believe anything as fact??? does this mean following your logic that we should just get rid of the word 'fact'??? under what conditions do you believe something can be called a 'fact'?
    Try asking him if World War II having taken place is a fact.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:19
    did you? maybe i read you wrong, you appeared to be saying you wouldnt bow to a fake god.

would you bow to the christian god of the o.t?
    Ok, I thought it meant the same thing. I currently do in fact bow to the OT God
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes. But even with that split, there is a wide variety of possible interpretation for both gods and my reaction would depend on which particular interpretation I took to be the case.
    well, there are far too many interpretations and variations. we might have to generalise a bit. stick em all in a little mental venn diagram and base your answer on the god of the overlap.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Even if not worshiping him meant eternal punishment, and worshiping him mean eternal reward?
    I dunno.. That's a hard one.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:24
    Ok, I thought it meant the same thing. I currently do in fact bow to the OT God
    what do you believe your god will do with sinners who refuse to repent?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:28
    what do you believe your god will do with sinners who refuse to repent?
    Destroyed.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    on and on about it is a fact not faith, are making ...[text shortened]... ny new piece of information may cause all they think
    Kelly
    It is a fact that the earth is not thousands of yrs old. That has nothing to do with faith.

Even if you believe the Bible and take the creation account literally you have to take account of God saying to Adam to replenish the Earth. That means there were other civilizations and occupatants in other previous creations. You do not know how many there were prior to mankind.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:44
    Destroyed.
    destroyed!! gulp. do i have to like him? i mean can i agree to worship him, do all he asks, but think he's a dick?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 18:47
    destroyed!! gulp. do i have to like him? i mean can i agree to worship him, do all he asks, but think he's a dick?
    Cool .. thats your call. I guess he is smart enough to know if you just pretending to like him.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 19:03
    Cool .. thats your call. I guess he is smart enough to know if you just pretending to like him.
    as long as he's okay with pretending not to know that im pretending like him. otherwise it would be a pretty awkward eternity.

seriously though, does god require that his believers like him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree