1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 01:53
    I will clear up the confusion about this.

In the perfect spiritual world, the soul is never forced to love or do anything, and the soul has always independence.

When the soul misuses their independence, and desires to exist apart from God,.....then the material world is the only place that they can imagine that they are fully indepenant and apart from God, because actually the soul proper is a little piece of God, and God cannot seperate itself from itself.

The illusion of being seperate from God, can only exist in an illusion, it cant exist as an absolute reality,....and thats why we have this place called the material creation at all.

If all of mankind, where submisive to this truth, then they would all be living the devotional life, or the spiritual life, and the living of that spiritual life would make our temporary stay in this world more like a paradise than it is.........the world is in a mess because hardly anyone is living the spiritual way, and we have crime, wars, racism, poverty, greed ect, and these things would not prvail as they do in a spiritul society.

The christian idea of the earth being a paradise, is false and a misunderstanding of the purpose of this material world of suffering.

The bible is limited in truth, and to understand fully the nature of God and Life, one must study and practice the teachings of the only bonafide scripture, Vedanta.

If christianity, would teach the people of the higher truths of the nature of God and the living being, then I would be in support of it, but it fails to do so.

Vedanta has been existing with man, from the beginning of creation, and there are millions of verses that give all the knowlege that one needs to develope love for God, and go back home to Godhead.

Any religion, that does not speak out against animal slaughter and meat eating, is a bogus religion.....and run as far as you can from it.

vishva
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 05:36
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Because heaven will be so wonderful, why do Christians seek medical care when they could simply die and be with Jesus? This would save a lot of health care expenses which could be used for the rest of us who are not so sure about an afterlife! (My hunch is Christians deep down are not so sure about the after life either).
    We want to live longer so we can have longer to try and convert you.

Mwha, mwhahaha, mwhahahahahah!!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 05:41
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I will clear up the confusion about this.
    vishva
    I think you failed.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 05:442 edits
    =Any religion, that does not speak out against animal slaughter and meat eating, is a bogus religion.....and run as far as you can from it.

vishva[/b]
    Just out of curiosity, does this mean that I must give up seafood. After all, we don't really think of it as slaughering animals to we? :'(

If I must give it up, what about eggs? ๐Ÿ˜ 
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 06:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just out of curiosity, does this mean that I must give up seafood. After all, we don't really think of it as slaughering animals to we? :'(

If I must give it up, what about eggs? ๐Ÿ˜ 
    You can eat your eggs and sea food, because the more sentient the animal, the more suffering you cause it, so ones karma is a lot less for the seafood and eggs.

The beginning student at the very least, should refrain from red meat,.... and the white meats if they can.

As the student on the spiritual path, gains knowledge and understanding, and becomes purified by spiritual practices, then they will even stop eating their eggs and fish as well.

It is common knowledge that lentals and other vegitarian foods are high in protein, so ones diet will not cause health issues, and in fact ones health will be better.

vishva
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 10:39
    You can eat your eggs and sea food, because the more sentient the animal, the more suffering you cause it, so ones karma is a lot less for the seafood and eggs.

The beginning student at the very least, should refrain from red meat,.... and the white meats if they can.

As the student on the spiritual path, gains knowledge and understanding, and becom ...[text shortened]... in, so ones diet will not cause health issues, and in fact ones health will be better.

vishva
    What about dolphin and whales?

Do you class them as seafood? They are after all extremely intelligent animals.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 11:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What about dolphin and whales?

Do you class them as seafood? They are after all extremely intelligent animals.
    A person that has raised there cosciousness is a strict vegetarian, and they dont partake of any flesh of any kind.

I have mentioned that to begin the spiritual life, red meat eating is the worst and fish and eggs the least worse.

Dolphins and whales are warm blooded, and fish are cold blooded,....and cold blooded creatures feel pain somewhat less than warm blooded.

Dolphins and whales are mammals and are more sentiant than fish.

The person who is practicing the spiritual life, does not have the problem of wondering what creatures are more or less sentiant, because of their total abstinence.

vishva
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 11:521 edit
    A person that has raised there cosciousness is a strict vegetarian, and they dont partake of any flesh of any kind.

I have mentioned that to begin the spiritual life, red meat eating is the worst and fish and eggs the least worse.

Dolphins and whales are warm blooded, and fish are cold blooded,....and cold blooded creatures feel pain somewhat less t ...[text shortened]... wondering what creatures are more or less sentiant, because of their total abstinence.

vishva
    I was on the verge of throwing away all my knowledge and shunning science in favour of magic and the teachings of Vedanta, but throw away this delicious mexican chicken sandwich??? balls to that!
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 11:581 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Because heaven will be so wonderful, why do Christians seek medical care when they could simply die and be with Jesus? This would save a lot of health care expenses which could be used for the rest of us who are not so sure about an afterlife! (My hunch is Christians deep down are not so sure about the after life either).
    Easy peasy

God wants Christians to give us atheists the shaft (indirectly) for not believing in magic and the terrible crime of eating a naughty fruit 6000 years ago; and so by depriving us of an adequate supply of resources such as healthcare when we need it, we suffer for greater lengths of time and magnitude. That'll teach us!!

glory! :]
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:14

Dolphins and whales are warm blooded, and fish are cold blooded,....and cold blooded creatures feel pain somewhat less t ...[text shortened]... wondering what creatures are more or less sentiant, because of their total abstinence.

vishva
    So dolphins and whales aren't classed as seafood?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:291 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my point entirely, rest assured, it will happen.
    rwingett: If that was his purpose then it would have been accomplished.

robbie carrobie: it was thwarted, he has simply taken measures to correct it, dont stress ringy dude, its in hand!

rwingett: Don't be a fool. How can you "thwart" an omniscient and omnipotent being?

robbie carrobie: my point entirely, rest assured, it will happen.

No it wasn't!!! ๐Ÿ˜ต
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:32

As the student on the spiritual path, gains knowledge and understanding, and becom ...[text shortened]... in, so ones diet will not cause health issues, and in fact ones health will be better.

vishva
    what about pork? its the other white meat! and pigs are pretty darned smart๐Ÿ˜•
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:34

vishva
    what about tomatoes? are they sentient as well?
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:34
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I was on the verge of throwing away all my knowledge and shunning science in favour of magic and the teachings of Vedanta, but throw away this delicious mexican chicken sandwich??? balls to that!
    HA!
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:35
    Originally posted by duecer
    what about pork? its the other white meat! and pigs are pretty darned smart๐Ÿ˜•
    Aha...but you ask a cow "what sound does a cow make" and it'll go "moo"...Ask the same question of a pig and it'll go "oink"

This proves beyond all doubt cows are smarter than pigs :]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree