1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 01:401 edit
    Have you ever had that odd moment where you suddenly realize that once you die.....it never ever ever never never foever ever never ever ends!?!?
    Has anyone ever had this revelation yet? I was just thinking about it last night, and it is quite a wierd passage of thought.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 02:55
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Have you ever had that odd moment where you suddenly realize that once you die.....it never ever ever never never foever ever never ever ends!?!?
    Has anyone ever had this revelation yet? I was just thinking about it last night, and it is quite a wierd passage of thought.
    Wakey, wakey!!
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 03:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Wakey, wakey!!
    Twice tonight you have produced good-humored laughter in me!

I might’ve said the same thing. But you and I would not have meant the same thing at all!
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 03:401 edit
    Deeply and often...

Now, here’s the rub(s)*—

Under what conditions would you want that not to be true?

If it is true, do you think that enhances your existence now, or diminishes it?

If it is true, do you want to love less, or more?

If it is true, do you want to be crueler or kinder?

Where do you think you came from?

What is your original nature from the beginning?

* A few of them, anyway.
  5. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 03:54
    Not really. I have often wondered what kind of underwear a nun wears. 😕
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 12:37
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Twice tonight you have produced good-humored laughter in me!

I might’ve said the same thing. But you and I would not have meant the same thing at all!
    Well, I think humor is a vital component to our well being and at times it seems woefully lacking on these boards. Sometimes I think we take ourselves a little too seriously.

Having said that, now lets talk about eternal damnation........

Sorry, don't mean to be a kill joy, however, there are kill joy's in this world, are there not? I just so happen to believe this to be potentially one of them. Being completly seperated from a God of love and life is what I refer to as "hell". In fact, some are closer to this state in this present life than others due to the effects of sin. I would say that living "Godly" lives that mirror Christ's teachings in terms of walking in love with others will help facilitate love and life in your in this present world, however, should this "sin" in our lives not be dealt with? Is it not effecting us physically as we begin to slowly die? Also, must this sin be dealt with in our present lives in order to enhance it in terms of life and love in our present lives?
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 17:07
    Sure. Simply society forgets to teach our children we are simple mortals. Then there are the religious guys you sell you eternity for following their strange beliefs. Get used to it. We all die. But you won't care, it's like going to sleep and never wake up, you will have no conscience of that happening.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 18:46
    Have you ever thought about eternity?

It seems like forever since I gave it any thought.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 01:26
    Originally posted by serigado
    Sure. Simply society forgets to teach our children we are simple mortals. Then there are the religious guys you sell you eternity for following their strange beliefs. Get used to it. We all die. But you won't care, it's like going to sleep and never wake up, you will have no conscience of that happening.
    So the best case scenerio for an atheist is to essentially nonexistence when they die. How comforting. 😞
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 04:06
    So the best case scenerio for an atheist is to essentially nonexistence when they die. How comforting. 😞
    Not comforting.
    Religious belief is comforting.
    I like to live in reality.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 07:35
    I don't believe things because they are comforting, I believe things because I think they are true.
    I personally prefer to know the truth even if it is not comforting than to live a life of self delusion in the hope of being comforted. On the other hand, I am not particularly worried about what happens to me after death as I am much more concerned about the here and now.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 07:36
    Having said that, now lets talk about eternal damnation........
    Can someone choose to be good in hell or is all free will removed once you get there?
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 16:38
    Thats what happens if you are an Atheist.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 16:42
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Thats what happens if you are an Atheist.
    No it's what happens if there is no afterlife. Which if true is what happens for all, atheist and theist alike. Even if there is an afterlife atheists don't necessarily just cease to exist, god may have a place for them, hell may have a place for. Hell, hell may have a place for the theists for all I know.
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 16:43
    Originally posted by Starrman
    No it's what happens if there is no afterlife. Which if true is what happens for all, atheist and theist alike. Even if there is an afterlife atheists don't necessarily just cease to exist, god may have a place for them, hell may have a place for. Hell, hell may have a place for the theists for all I know.
    My bad...i meant to say after life....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree