1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '13 23:19
    It takes someone brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise children and someone special to love others more than herself. Words are difficult to find to express the power, beauty and heroism of a mother’s love. Being a mother is learning about strengths you never knew you possessed and overcoming fears you didn't know existed.

A mother thinks about her children day and night even when they are grown. She loves them in ways they will never understand until the day they too are parents. Our 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln said, “I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother.” Amen, Mr. President, Amen.

The goal of becoming a godly mother is the highest and most noble pursuit of womanhood. But there are many voices in our word today that would deny this truth. There are those who would tear you, dear mother, away from God’s high calling on your life. “Focus on your career” they say. “Buy more stuff,” “Pamper yourself”— you've heard it all, I’m sure. Please don’t buy what they are selling. It is a lie. If God has granted you a child or children, your child or children “are a heritage from The LORD…a reward (Psalm 127:3).” God has entrusted the development of a new generation of godly men and women to you!

Also, contrary to some experts, the most important characteristic of a godly mother is not her relationship with her children, it is with her husband. The lessons you teach your children through your relationship with your husband will endure for the rest of their lives. By watching you and your husband your children are learning the foundational principles of life—love, self-sacrifice, integrity, virtue, kindness, compassion, understanding and forgiveness. Secondly, and perhaps this should have been first, is your relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. When they see you trusting in the Lord and acknowledging Him in all you do (Proverbs 3:5, 6), they will learn to do the same.

So happy mother’s day to all of you great moms! May your children rise up and call you blessed (Proverbs 31:28).
    ... by Chuck LaMattina Grace Ministry USA
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '13 23:39
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It takes someone brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise children and someone special to love others more than herself. Words are difficult to find to express the power, beauty and heroism of a mother’s love. Being a mother is learning about strengths you never knew you possessed and overcoming fears you didn't know existed.

A mother thinks abou ...[text shortened]... dren rise up and call you blessed (Proverbs 31:28).
    Amen!
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 May '13 23:522 edits

A mother thinks abou dren rise up and call you blessed (Proverbs 31:28).
    What a bunch of sh#t.

You hear that ladies? Your job is to focus on your "high calling" of baby production and child rearing. So basically, you're nothing more than a "paper-knife" for God (pace Sartre's Existentialism is a Humanism). Don't be fooled into believing the "lies" that you can self-determine your own essence through projects, goals, aspirations, etc, that do not take as their object your godly call to baby production.
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    09 May '13 23:59
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    What a bunch of sh#t.

You hear that ladies? Your job is to focus on your "high calling" of baby production. So basically, you're nothing more than a "paper-knife" for God (pace Sartre's Existentialism is a Humanism). Don't be fooled into believing the "lies" that you can self-determine your own essence through projects, goals, aspirations, etc, that do not take as their object your godly call to baby production.
    I will agree that women should have the choice to do
    whatever they want to do in this world.

I have two daughters after all.

But lots of women want a family.

To those that do I agree that they are brave
    and they sacrifice a lot.

So to all mothers out there. I hope you are appreciated.

To my two daughters, I hope you become multi millionaires
    and keep me in the lifestyle I am accustomed to.

Another bottle of Bollinger there please waiter............

and hurry up about it.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 May '13 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I will agree that women should have the choice to do
    whatever they want to do in this world.

I have two daughters after all.

But lots of women want a family.

To those that do I agree that they are brave
    and they sacrifice a lot.

So to all mothers out there. I hope you are appreciated.

To my two daughters, I hope you become mul ...[text shortened]... to.

Another bottle of Bollinger there please waiter............

and hurry up about it.
    If a woman wants to have a family, then more power to her. To be absolutely sure, any number of women are to be admired for their selfless dedication to her family.

But if a woman does not want to have a family, then more power to her as well. She can do any number of things for which to be absolutely sure she will be deserving of admiration as well. So, the suggestion that she has no business pursuing other ends to the exclusion of child rearing is what is complete and utter sh#t.

So, I think we agree here.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 May '13 00:23
    If a woman wants to have a family, then more power to her. To be absolutely sure, any number of women are to be admired for their selfless dedication to her family.

But if a woman does not want to have a family, then more power to her as well. She can do any number of things for which to be absolutely sure she will be deserving of admiration as well. ...[text shortened]... the exclusion of child rearing is what is complete and utter sh#t.

So, I think we agree here.
    That's true.

If you took it to its logical conclusion,
    then it must be the way for all men to be fathers.

But we know that this is not always the case.

I had planned to be a father, some are also but did not plan to be.
    Others just don't want to be fathers or else the opportunity never
    came along.

Is a man a failure because he did not become a father?
    Is a woman a failure because she did not become a mother?

No.

Each of us will make some mark in the world and it
    does not always involve parenthood.

Waiter..........where's that Bollinger?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '13 03:15
    What a bunch of sh#t.

You hear that ladies? Your job is to focus on your "high calling" of baby production and child rearing. So basically, you're nothing more than a "paper-knife" for God (pace Sartre's Existentialism is a Humanism). Don't be fooled into believing the "lies" that you can self-determine your own essence through projects, goal ...[text shortened]... aspirations, etc, that do not take as their object your godly call to baby production.
    Are you a feminazi?
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 May '13 10:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you a feminazi?
    I'm getting very worried about you R J.

It seems you are very xenophobic.

You don't like Muslims, you don't like Germans,
    you probably don't like Oriental or black people either.

How do you feel about Irish Catholics?

If this were Dallas 1963, would you be the guy on the
    grassy knoll with the rifle?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '13 11:50
    What a bunch of sh#t.

You hear that ladies? Your job is to focus on your "high calling" of baby production and child rearing. So basically, you're nothing more than a "paper-knife" for God (pace Sartre's Existentialism is a Humanism). Don't be fooled into believing the "lies" that you can self-determine your own essence through projects, goal ...[text shortened]... aspirations, etc, that do not take as their object your godly call to baby production.
    You, my friend are in a dark place. I will pray for you, that you be soon released from your mental prison.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 May '13 12:42
    You, my friend are in a dark place. I will pray for you, that you be soon released from your mental prison.
    I agree. It's very dark in here. Very difficult to find a waiter.

Hey.... waiter!!! Over here.

Must go to a better lit restaurant next time.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 May '13 16:09
    Oh good. Yes, please pray for me, since we all know how efficacious prayer is. Why just the other day I prayed for an amputee and wouldn't you know it, his limb grew back the next day!
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 May '13 16:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you a feminazi?
    If you're an instructor, then I am a feminazi.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '13 16:29
    It takes someone brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise children and someone special to love others more than herself. A
    So as a single father who is 'raising up' my child, do I also deserve to be celebrated on mothers day, or is it a sexist holiday?
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    10 May '13 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So as a single father who is 'raising up' my child, do I also deserve to be celebrated on mothers day, or is it a sexist holiday?
    It's called Father's day, be patient. 😉
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '13 17:26
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    It's called Father's day, be patient. 😉
    So its sexist as I thought. OK.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree