22 Apr '15 08:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    bwahahahahahaha
    Glad you liked it. 😏
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 08:31
    RJ, I am up to 11:53 in this video. I cannot promise I will finish this one. I got a lot of your videos yesterday.

Let me ask you a simple question:

Luke 2:1 says "And in those days a decreee went out from Caesar Augustus for a census to be taken of all the inhabited earth."

Let's check a few other translations:
    New American Standard Bible
    Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth.

King James Bible
    And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

International Standard Version
    Now in those days an order was published by Caesar Augustus that the whole world should be registered.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    But it occurred in those days that a command also went out from Augustus Caesar that every nation of his empire would be registered.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    At that time the Emperor Augustus ordered a census of the Roman Empire.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    And it came to pass in those days that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

King James 2000 Bible
    And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

Do you think the Greek means that Ceasar Augustus taxed the Eskimos, the Native Americans, the people in South America, or the people on the Samoan islands ?

I mean did God mean the entire planet was taxed ?
    You may notice some paraphrases seem to volunteer to put something like "the impire" or "the Roman Impire".

ie.
    NET Bible
    Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus to register all the empire for taxes.

New International Version
    In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.

Those are the "Let us help you a little" paraphrased English versions. Do you think Luke meant the entire globe was taxed?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 12:24
    Originally posted by sonship
    RJ, I am up to 11:53 in this video. I cannot promise I will finish this one. I got a lot of your videos yesterday.

Let me ask you a [b]simple question:

Luke 2:1 says "And in those days a decreee went out from Caesar Augustus for a census to be taken of all the inhabited earth."

Let's check a few other translations:
    [quote][b ...[text shortened]... little" paraphrased English versions. Do you think Luke meant the entire globe was taxed?[/b]
    It means what it says in the Greek. Where the eskimos part of Augustus Ceasar's Roman Empire or world?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 12:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    THE BEST Global Flood EVIDENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRby2ypDa0U
    So you figure your god just with a wave of its ethereal fingers caused the human race to have this magically increased genetic diversity? Without that, the human race starts out with what, 10 people? Pretty much a genetic disaster. We have no such disaster thanks to DNA analysis. Another fail.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 15:34
    It means what it says in the Greek. Where the eskimos part of Augustus Ceasar's Roman Empire or world?
    It means what it says meaning the tax collectors were sent to China, South America, North America, Australia, Canada?

No. It does not mean that though it says "the inhabited earth" or arguably "all the world" .

It is an expression that the hyper literalist might push to mean the whole physical planet as we know today. But they would be wrong.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure your god just with a wave of its ethereal fingers caused the human race to have this magically increased genetic diversity? Without that, the human race starts out with what, 10 people? Pretty much a genetic disaster. We have no such disaster thanks to DNA analysis. Another fail.
    You said yourself that scientists can be wrong, but not the Holy Bible. 😏
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:55
    It means what it says meaning the tax collectors were sent to China, South America, North America, Australia, Canada?

No. It does not mean that though it says [b]"the inhabited earth"
    or arguably "all the world" .

It is an expression that the hyper literalist might push to mean the whole physical planet as we know today. But they would be wrong.[/b]
    So do you believe the Holy Bible is wrong?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 22:45
    No. I believe that the Holy Bible is the infallible word of God.

I don't believe that our interpretations of what the Bible says are infallible. And when some things are written, our interpretations may wrong.

In that sentence above I used the word "our" including myself and anyone I know potentially, who interprets Scripture.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 22:491 edit

Our Beliefs

The local churches believe that the Holy Bible is the complete divine revelation verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Tim. 6:12).

From Belief and Practices of the local churches.

http://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/beliefs-practices.html

I don't believe the Bible is wrong. Our interpretations of the Bible may sometimes be wrong.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 01:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There were 8 people that survived the worldwide flood according to the Holy Bible.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 02:17
    No. I believe that the Holy Bible is the infallible word of God.

I don't believe that our interpretations of what the Bible says are infallible. And when some things are written, our interpretations may wrong.

In that sentence above I used the word "our" including myself and anyone I know potentially, who interprets Scripture.
    The fact is that it does not mean what you think it means. I decided to look up the meaning of the actual Greek word used in my Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible and in my Greek Lexicon - The Analytical Lexicon of the Greek New Testament.

The lexicon gives the general intepreted meanings as habitable land, earth, or world. However, it states that it is used with various restrictions of meaning, according to the context.

Stong's indicates its meaning is derived from the combination of two Greek words. The first word means a family dwelling, to occupy a house, resident, manager or overseer of a house. The second word means a region, country, ground, land, earth, or world. So the entire word in spec, the Roman empire.

As indicated by the Greek lexicon, the context restricts this to mean the inhabitants of the land controlled by Ceasar Augustus, which is the Roman empire.

See how easy that was to solve that problem without even knowing Greek.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree