1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 14:34
    @kellyjay said
    I am simply quoting a scripture to you, if want to suggest angels or someone else is there you are saying things not in the text. For one who thinks the OT and NT are different gods, your opinion on God is not one I can take as a reliable source on that particular topic.
    Your statement, 'As I said there are hints of this throughout the OT, in the NT' is not simply 'quoting scripture.' It is you (Kelly) erroneously identifying things in scripture that are not there. Like sonship, you are trying to retrofit a notion into the Bible.

The last part of yor post I''m just going to ignore.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 14:35
    @divegeester said
    GoaD has a theology degree and absolutely no axe to grind.

Ghost I respect your knowledge in most matters, thank you for contributing to this topic, albeit from an academic atheist, but still legitimate, perspective.
    Obliged sir.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 16:201 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Why is it not 'our' own image?' Why the switch to the singular?!

It reads as it does because it was written by a faithful seer of God, obediently and under supernatural inspiration. It was not written by a natural mind interjecting his human opinion about what he feels God should say.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 16:202 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Your statement, 'As I said there are hints of this throughout the OT, in the NT' is not simply 'quoting scripture.' It is you (Kelly) erroneously identifying things in scripture that are not there. Like sonship, you are trying to retrofit a notion into the Bible.

The last part of yor post I''m just going to ignore.
    I hold you in very high regard saying what I did simply goes to your understanding of God as you have expressed it in the past. I can post numerous examples of singular and His nature where it only makes sense with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One of the early examples is God making man in His imagine, "let us" isn’t something that can be said of angels since nothing was made without the Son. That doesn’t apply to the angelic host!
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 16:37
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Why is it not 'our' own image?' Why the switch to the singular?!

It reads as it does because it was written by a faithful seer of God, obediently and under supernatural inspiration. It was not written by a natural mind interjecting his human opinion about what he feels God should say.
    So, you don't know?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 17:311 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

So, you don't know?

No. So YOU don't know.
    We believers do.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 17:37
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

So, you don't know?

No. So YOU don't know.
    We believers do.
    Well, you 'believe' you do.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 17:463 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

And I believe you have yet to.

Are you wanting to re-open a debate which was won about two thousand years ago for the Triune God?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 18:102 edits
    God sends God in the book of Zechariah.
    In chapter two Jehovah God is at the same time both the one sent and the sender.

For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me. (v.9)

Give a ringing should and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah, (v.10)

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you." (v.11)

If you examine these sentences carefully, you should discover that mysteriously Jehovah God is both the Sender and the One Sent, both the Speaker and the One Who was Sent by Jehovah to speak.

This is wonderful glimpse in the Old Testament to the mysterious three-oneness of Jehovah God. like Genesis 1:26,27.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 18:57
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

And I believe you have yet to.

Are you wanting to re-open a debate which was won about two thousand years ago for the Triune God?
    You think you won that debate?!

Can I sell you a bridge?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 18:59
    @sonship said
    In chapter two Jehovah God is at the same time both the one sent and the sender.

[quote] For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for th ...[text shortened]... se in the Old Testament to the mysterious three-oneness of Jehovah God. like [b]Genesis 1:26,27
    Alternatively, they are entirely separate entities.

Sometimes truth is located in the simple answer.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 19:15
    @sonship said

[quote] For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for th ...[text shortened]... se in the Old Testament to the mysterious three-oneness of Jehovah God. like [b]Genesis 1:26,27
    Zechariah 12:10 is interesting in it's wording: "they will pierce me, and mourn for him, like a firstborn".

It supposes that God was the one crucified and "pierced", yet they mourned for "him", Jesus?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 19:35
    @chaney3 said
    Zechariah 12:10 is interesting in it's wording: "they will pierce me, and mourn for him, like a firstborn".

It supposes that God was the one crucified and "pierced", yet they mourned for "him", Jesus?
    Interesting; not noticed that before.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 19:55
    @divegeester said
    No it doesn’t, God could be taking to members of the “heavenly host”. Who knows.

In the bible dozens of times it states absolutely unequivocally: “Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is ONE

It never says “three” “trinity” “triune” “multiple” or whatever, it says “one” over and over and over again.

Now Christians can either work from that fundamental truth or they can accept a lie.
    In your Godhead theory, you still have 3 entities that you call God.

You are not far off from Trinitarians.

A true ONE God would NOT require us to figure out how to squeeze Jesus and the Holy Spirit into the equation.

You are disputing the OP, when it actually helps your cause!
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 19:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You think you won that debate?!

Can I sell you a bridge?
    Me, me, me I've been trying to buy a bridge for some time now. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree