1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 21:073 edits
    Apologies up front to my sincere Christian friends, and greater apologies to my iffy Christian acquaintances who might not see that this joke does contain some measure of respect.

But, within the conceptual framework of Christianity and of believers giving their consent for God to crack their eggs and help them become more Christlike and serve as the hands and shapely Jewish feet of Christ -- isn't there some point during this process of Christification when the balance tips and Christ can finally say, "Hey bro, now we are both Lords" (or "Hey Sis", but I don't know what the grammatically feminine version of Lord is)?

As for my Muslim and Jewish friends (if any), I'm sorry, but it seems that the Christians and anti-Christians have taken over this forum, which at first glance might have seemed to be about spirituality in general. I did mention Rami Shapiro's book of Hasidic Tales once, but that thread didn't go far.

And if I were to make pseudo-Sufi jokes, they might be misinterpreted in unhelpful ways, even though Spirituality (one might think) should be about harm-reduction at the very least.

As for my Buddhist friends: yeah, whatever.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 07:44
    @kevin-eleven said
    Apologies up front to my sincere Christian friends, and greater apologies to my iffy Christian acquaintances who might not see that this joke does contain some measure of respect.

But, within the conceptual framework of Christianity and of believers giving their consent for God to crack their eggs and help them become more Christlike and serve as the hands and shapely ...[text shortened]... nk) should be about harm-reduction at the very least.

As for my Buddhist friends: yeah, whatever.
    Every time I log into this thread your OP is heavily edited; I’m expecting it to be deleted by you soon so I won’t bother commenting.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 Mar '21 18:13
    @divegeester said
    Every time I log into this thread your OP is heavily edited; I’m expecting it to be deleted by you soon so I won’t bother commenting.
    That's fine.

FYI, I have observed that the editing window closes after one hour, in case that helps.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree