1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 06:14
    The Coming Day of the Lord

3Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,

4and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

5For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water,

6through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.

7But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

This is from the NASB a better translation that the NWT. It's talking about Christ coming again. What is this presence junk?? His invisible return?? 🙂 Oh So I will mock about this so called invisible return that happened in 1914. What a joke. The Return of Christ will cause men's hearts to fail and they will ask for the mountains to fall on them to hide them from the presense of the Lamb!!

Manny
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 10:03
    Originally posted by menace71

3Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,

4and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

5For when they maintain this, it escapes their not ...[text shortened]... ask for the mountains to fall on them to hide them from the presense of the Lamb!!

Manny
    yawn, it seems like youre ignorance really does no bounds, perhaps you would like to tell the forum, the actual meaning of the word translated as 'coming'. For you see, what we are continually having to overcome, is not any doctrinal hurdle, but pure ignorance, and i say that without affectation or condescension, as this post and others demonstrate.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 10:47
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Even better yet only me and Robbie are going to survive. How's that?
    If that's the case, burn me.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If that's the case, burn me.
    no way, you shall be kept alive and castrated, set up as a principle bodyguard for my harem. 🙂
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 03:56
    Originally posted by menace71

5For when they maintain this, it escapes their not ...[text shortened]... ask for the mountains to fall on them to hide them from the presense of the Lamb!!

Manny
    Presence junk? Did not the Apostles ask for the """signs of his presence"""? You call a question by the Apostles junk? If Jesus was coming back in the flesh why would they ask a question in that way? Why not ask when will you be back?
    My gosh you guys just don't think....
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 07:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i think we should let Karoly Poly live, after all according to Raj, we are Gods now. He would come in useful as a court jester.
    Court jester? hmmm,sounds good. I play a couple of mean tunes on an axe. And in the night when you were all sleeping I could come and float over your sleeping bodies and play out my rage fantasies.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 09:45
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Court jester? hmmm,sounds good. I play a couple of mean tunes on an axe. And in the night when you were all sleeping I could come and float over your sleeping bodies and play out my rage fantasies.
    cool, i can dig that, a simple clap of the hands, 'play some AC/DC Karoly the Jester', 'for the ladies of the hareem wish to dance', 'a yuckety yuck Lord carrobie, as you wish', riff rocks the house. 'mmm, its not quite heavy enough Karoly the jester, guards take him away and throw him to the Emos! 'no no, anything but the Emos, have mercy, there not even real Goths!', 'away with him!'.

mmm it has potential dont you think?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 11:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    cool, i can dig that, a simple clap of the hands, 'play some AC/DC Karoly the Jester', 'for the ladies of the hareem wish to dance', 'a yuckety yuck Lord carrobie, as you wish', riff rocks the house. 'mmm, its not quite heavy enough Karoly the jester, guards take him away and throw him to the Emos! 'no no, anything but the Emos, have mercy, there not even real Goths!', 'away with him!'.

mmm it has potential dont you think?
    Yeah sure Robbie! My smile is growing. Although I would hope you simpletons would want something better than some accada riffs. Then again...
    There's nothing worse than being treated as a human jukebox. But sometimes you got to please the masses
    (you ever been to those music shops where there is a sign that says "no 'smokey on the water' or 'stairway to heaven'?)
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 22:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah sure Robbie! My smile is growing. Although I would hope you simpletons would want something better than some accada riffs. Then again...
    There's nothing worse than being treated as a human jukebox. But sometimes you got to please the masses
    (you ever been to those music shops where there is a sign that says "no 'smokey on the water' or 'stairway to heaven'?)
    Lol, yes, there is one in Glasgow where i used to live, they had a whole list of things you were not allowed to play , i always fantasised that i would go in and pick up a gem guitar and play some Paganini 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree