Devotional

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 15 Jan '22 11:35
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 04:56
    “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”
    Joshua 1:8

- JANUARY 20 -

MEDITATE ON GOD’S WORD

Look at the instructions that God gave Joshua when he was appointed as Moses’ successor: “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”

God told Joshua that to have good success, he had to meditate on the law day and night. Joshua lived under the old covenant, so how should we, who live under the new covenant, benefit from this scripture?

We need to read this portion of Scripture in view of Jesus’ finished work. That is why it is essential for you to be firmly established on the rock-solid foundation of the new covenant of grace. Now that you know that we are no longer under the law, what is the new covenant way to be blessed and to experience good success?

Joshua only had the law to meditate upon because the New Testament had not been written yet. For us, the secret to good success is found in meditating on God’s Word in the light of the new covenant of grace.

Before we can go into what it means to meditate on God’s Word, what exactly does it mean to “meditate”?

When the Bible talks about meditation, it’s not referring to a mental exercise. The Hebrew word for meditation in the Old Testament is the word hagah, which means to utter or mutter. So to hagah is to speak under your breath.

Notice that the Lord told Joshua, “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth.” He did not say that it “shall not depart from your mind.” The key to meditating on God’s Word is not mental contemplation. It is in speaking God’s promises with your mouth!

“Pastor Prince, does this mean that I should keep repeating God’s Word? For instance, should I keep saying ‘by His stripes I am healed’ when I need healing?”

Meditating on God’s Word does not mean making vain repetitions of scriptures. It is much more and is something that first occurs deep in your heart. The psalmist David captured the essence of meditation most aptly when he said, “My heart was hot within me; while I was musing, the fire burned. Then I spoke with my tongue” (Ps. 39:3).

As you are meditating on God’s Word, ask the Holy Spirit to give you a fresh revelation of Jesus. Let that scripture burn with revelation in your heart. And as you speak out of that burning revelation, God anoints the words that you speak. When you declare, “By His stripes I am healed,” and that declaration is uttered with a sense of revelation and faith in Jesus, there will be power in your declaration!

This devotional is taken from the book 100 Days of Favor—Daily Readings from Unmerited Favor.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 08:30
    Another Power Packed Devotional from Pastor Joseph Prince.

The Gospel of Grace is where it’s at.

Love it!!

“For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned.”
    John 3:17–18

- JANUARY 21 -

NO CONDEMNATION

My friend, if you’ve been living in the abyss of fear for as long as you can remember, it is time for your liberty. You can begin on this journey of freedom today by believing that God’s heart is full of love, grace, and mercy toward you.

Listen to your Father’s heartbeat in today’s scripture. Do you believe in Jesus? There is no condemnation for anyone who calls upon the name of Jesus! All who call on Him and believe in Him are not condemned but saved. That is the good news of the gospel.

Unfortunately, many believers are still living under the heavy yoke of condemnation and fear because they hear the Mosaic covenant being proclaimed and put themselves under the Ten Commandments.

Look at how the apostle Paul describes the Ten Commandments in 2 Corinthians 3:7–9: “But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious . . . how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.”

Can you see the clear distinction that God makes in His Word? The Ten Commandments minister death and condemnation because no man was able to keep God’s perfect law.

Failure to keep the law at any point brings you under its curse, condemns you, and hangs a death sentence over your head. See how in contrast, the covenant of grace “exceeds much more in glory” because it ministers the spirit of liberty and the gift of God’s righteousness.

Now, please understand this: the Ten Commandments are glorious! The problem has never been the Ten Commandments or God’s perfect law. The problem has always been imperfect man’s ability to keep God’s perfect law. That is why our Lord Jesus came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it on our behalf (Matt. 5:17).

And the law was perfectly fulfilled at the cross when He cried out, “Finished!” (John 19:30). He met the demands of the first covenant, which is the Mosaic covenant of the Ten Commandments, in order to put the second, which is the new covenant of God’s grace, into effect (Heb. 10:9–10 NLT)!

Beloved, we are in the age of God’s grace. That is why we preach the gospel of grace! My friend, the cross of Jesus has made all the difference! You no longer have to live in condemnation and fear under the old covenant of the law. You are now under the new covenant of grace, where you are fully forgiven, justified, and made righteous by Jesus’ blood to reign in life.

When you realize you are justified by faith and not by your works in the new covenant of God’s grace, something liberating happens. You become free from the ministry of condemnation and the death it ministers—guilt, insecurity, dread, anxieties, and all sorts of debilitating fears.

Condemnation robs you of peace in your heart and of joy in your relationship with your Father. It robs you of faith and confidence in His love and ability to save you.

But when you know and believe you are not under the ministry of condemnation but the ministry of righteousness, you can come freely before your heavenly Father and cast every concern on your heart to Him. You will not be constantly fearful that your failures will cause Him to punish you or withhold His blessings and protection from you, because you know that Jesus bore the punishment meant for you upon Himself at the cross.

My friend, perhaps you know what it’s like to battle fear every day. Perhaps you’ve been plagued by fears of being unable to cope with certain changes in your circumstances. Maybe fearful thoughts of losing your health, your job, your children, or your very life keep you awake at night. Perhaps you suffer from severe anxiety attacks and the very thought of going anywhere outside of your home fills you with suffocating fear.

I want you to know that this is not the life God wants you to live. Through the sacrifice of His Son and the perfection of Christ’s finished work, He has made a way for you to live free from the captivity of fear.

This devotional is taken from the book Glorious Grace—100 Daily Readings from Grace Revolution.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 09:291 edit
    “Prince’s teaching is good for new / young Christians who need hope and material blessings to overcome their current and very real problems. Granted.

But if you need something that only a mature Christian can handle and accept (i.e. carrying your own cross daily), his teachings don’t quite hit the spot for me, imho.

I have listened to Joseph Prince’s teachings for many years and found them to be biblical, but only on secular matters and Self-help. To be fair to Prince, he made me want to read the bible, he made me feel good about following Christ. He still does.

But after cross-checking his teachings with the bible, I realized several years later that Prince makes relatively little mention on the eternal and being Self-less.

(In contrast, Jesus did say on his sermon on the mount to think not of our lives, to give alms, to store treasures in heaven and to seek the kingdom)

A simple google of all of Joseph Prince’s YouTube videos will reveal a list of self-help videos on how to Reign in Life on this earth from a biblical perspective. There is relatively little, if any, mention of being a beacon of light for others and having love for others (Jesus’s greatest commandment), being content and building eternal treasures in heaven because his teachings play directly into what his congregation wants to hear more of - secular health and wealth on the pretext of following just 1 aspect of Christ, but not the entire persona of Christ. The rest - love for others, contentment, building treasures in heaven, following the Real Christ and seeking the Kingdom - is merely secondary. Ask yourself how often do churches as a whole these days preach the book of Acts? Acts is not a comfortable book to read because we live in a day and age of ‘me first and only me’.

Also, think about it. Do you think the Real Jesus would want to build a S$50 million church and earn rental income from the money changers and store keepers, the same ones he kicked out of the temple 2,000 years ago? The Real Jesus - the same yesterday, today and tomorrow - would either give the $50 million to the orphans and widows or put it in a fund and use the dividends to give to the poor and; and, tell those around him to go hang out with him and listen to his sermons at some nearby mount, which most people today may not accept because it’s too hot / uncomfortable outdoors.

Despite all, I believe Prince has good intentions. He was my favorite pastor during my early Christians days. But at this later stage in my life, I need pastors who are a little more in line with the full scripture (not just the health and wealth parts but also the parts I’m not fully comfortable with) to help me hit the spot I need to go deep diving with God, which is never easy.

So it It depends how each believer receives and interprets the word from their pastor and applies it to their lives. Always live by scripture and the written Word, not on the pastor’s words. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some within Kenneth Copeland’s church who are truly saved because of how they live their lives, even though their pastor has been misled by the trappings of this world.

But that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong in the grand scheme of things and I could just be another pharisee who bet on the wrong horse, because ultimately, every sincere and genuine preacher (not the outright false teachers) has a role to play in spreading the gospel. I believe Prince is one of these sincere genuine preachers, though he’s not the one for me at this later stage of my own christian development. But with that said, we have to be fair to Prince and bear in mind that even Jesus couldn’t please everyone.”

Peter Lee
    B.A. from Cornell University
    Lifted from Quora.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 10:14
    @divegeester said
    “Prince’s teaching is good for new / young Christians who need hope and material blessings to overcome their current and very real problems. Granted.

But if you need something that only a mature Christian can handle and accept (i.e. carrying your own cross daily), his teachings don’t quite hit the spot for me, imho.

I have listened to Joseph Prince’s teachings fo ...[text shortened]... Jesus couldn’t please everyone.”

Peter Lee
    B.A. from Cornell University
    Lifted from Quora.
    Peter Lee looks like he is afraid to come straight out and say the truth that Joseph Prince is a false teacher. The man has preached not one single word of the Gospel of Christ. Everything is sit back and do nothing, just profess faith and leave it up to Christ. It is the doctrine of damnation. Its the blind leading fools to their death.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 14:02
    @rajk999 said
    Peter Lee looks like he is afraid to come straight out and say the truth that Joseph Prince is a false teacher. The man has preached not one single word of the Gospel of Christ. Everything is sit back and do nothing, just profess faith and leave it up to Christ. It is the doctrine of damnation. Its the blind leading fools to their death.
    I found lots of negative reviews about the ministry and person of Joseph Prince but I wanted to pick an example which was fairly balanced.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 14:53
    Joseph Prince is a great pastor because He realizes that it’s only through a Christian recognizing his or her identity in Jesus Christ that that person can overcome sin and live the life God desires for him or her.

The guy quoted by dive just doesn’t get it (as many others don’t.)

One saying of Joseph Prince’s that I’ve found to be particularly true is this:

“Right believing will always lead to right living.”

That is why Satan’s favorite tactic is accusation and condemnation - a favorite tactic of atheists and fake Christians as well.

But when believers know and (most importantly) believe their true identity in Jesus Christ they become overcomers - able to fulfill God’s plans for their life and Galatians 6:2.

I’ll continue posting his devotional because Joseph Prince is preaching the true Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Gospel of Grace!

Love it!!
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 17:37
    @pb1022 said
    Joseph Prince is a great pastor because He realizes that it’s only through a Christian recognizing his or her identity in Jesus Christ that that person can overcome sin and live the life God desires for him or her.

The guy quoted by dive just doesn’t get it (as many others don’t.)

One saying of Joseph Prince’s that I’ve found to be particularly true is this:

“Right be ...[text shortened]... cause Joseph Prince is preaching the true Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Gospel of Grace!

Love it!!
    Dogs love baloney.. it's just their nature. But some are destined for better things.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 18:16
    @rajk999 said
    Dogs love baloney.. it's just their nature. But some are destined for better things.
    Man’s belief that he doesn’t need God, which is a foundational part of your false doctrine, is what’s baloney.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 20:18
    @pb1022 said
    Man’s belief that he doesn’t need God, which is a foundational part of your false doctrine, is what’s baloney.
    Here is what Paul said

For it is not by hearing the Law that people are put right with God, but by doing what the Law commands. The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences also show that this is true, since their thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them. And so, according to the Good News I preach, this is how it will be on that Day when God through Jesus Christ will judge the secret thoughts of all. (Romans 2:13-16 GNB)
    So then, as the one sin condemned all people, in the same way the one righteous act sets all people free and gives them life. (Romans 5:18 GNB)

The death of Christ justified all people [set them free] and gave them life, so that those who live righteously get eternal life
    That was the purpose of the death of Christ. That is the Good News
    That was the Gospel preached. That is the New Covenant.
    Its not for Christians only as you selfishly believe
    All people are justified and those who do good works get eternal life
    As Jesus said in Matt 25.

Sadly for you, the New Covenant and the death of Christ is not just so that you can continue to live in sin and do as you please and still get eternal life.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 20:32
    @rajk999 said
    Here is what Paul said

[i]For it is not by hearing the Law that people are put right with God, but by doing what the Law commands. The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences ...[text shortened]... is not just so that you can continue to live in sin and do as you please and still get eternal life.
    Still denying (or not understanding) the role and power of God’s Holy Spirit in transforming a believer.

We know by God’s indwelt Holy Spirit that we are God’s children.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

(Romans 8:16)

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

(1 John 4:4)
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 20:45
    @pb1022 said
    Still denying (or not understanding) the role and power of God’s Holy Spirit in transforming a believer.

We know by God’s indwelt Holy Spirit that we are God’s children.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

(Romans 8:16)

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

(1 John 4:4)
    If you say so.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 20:58
    @rajk999 said
    If you say so.
    Jesus Christ Himself said one has to be born again - born of the Spirit - to enter the Kingdom of God.

You have no answer for that so you just ignore it and pretend He never said it.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

(John 3:3-6)
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 21:07
    @pb1022 said
    Jesus Christ Himself said one has to be born again - born of the Spirit - to enter the Kingdom of God.

You have no answer for that so you just ignore it and pretend He never said it.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he i ...[text shortened]... hich is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

(John 3:3-6)
    Jesus made some other crystal clear statements about who enters the Kingdom of God and who is cast out, in Matt 25. But I suspect that they reason you do not quote that one [and why you twist the meaning] is that it is all about keeping the commandments and doing good works, doctrines alien to church teachings. So I understand why you like the one with Nicodemus. Personally I prefer the one in Matt 25 because it says what Jesus wants people to do.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 21:18
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus made some other crystal clear statements about who enters the Kingdom of God and who is cast out, in Matt 25. But I suspect that they reason you do not quote that one [and why you twist the meaning] is that it is all about keeping the commandments and doing good works, doctrines alien to church teachings. So I understand why you like the one with Nicodemus. Personally I prefer the one in Matt 25 because it says what Jesus wants people to do.
    The sheep and goats? That’s the one you always misinterpret.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 21:221 edit
    @pb1022 said
    The sheep and goats? That’s the one you always misinterpret.
    No interpretation is required. Its all in simple clear language. If you twist it and change the meaning it means that you dont like what it said, and that is understandable given your church doctrine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree