1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 20:033 edits
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Isn't about the same as stress and strain.
    the former is the cause of the latter.
    without stress a beam doesn't sag.
    I messed up my first line, it should read :
    Aren't they about the same as stress and strain?

as you can readily tell I make a lot of typos
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 23:47
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Do you realize you are saying God created the the place he started in?
    It's time you make clear which concept of time and space you are using. There are different ones.
    GOD always exsisted. Where HIS throne is has always been. GOD has no beginning and no end. GOD lives in a place called eternity. In eternity there is no time. GOD created time when he create earth. A time for us to live in until the purpose, of created time is carried out.
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 03:00
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    GOD always exsisted. Where HIS throne is has always been. GOD has no beginning and no end. GOD lives in a place called eternity. In eternity there is no time. GOD created time when he create earth. A time for us to live in until the purpose, of created time is carried out.
    So she didn't create time when she created the universe. Just when she created the earth? Is that right? Or just when she created Adam and Eve? Which chapter and verse should I be reading about time?
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 13:12
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    So she didn't create time when she created the universe. Just when she created the earth? Is that right? Or just when she created Adam and Eve? Which chapter and verse should I be reading about time?
    GENESIS 1:5
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 18:50
    There is no contest between creation and evolution. One is an expression of religious faith; the other is a well established scientific explanation (theory) of nearly countless observations in nature and in the laboratory.

Evolution does not rule out, nor even address, the hand of a divine Creator behind observable natural phenomena. Creationism rejects the scientific method and inductive reasoning (evidentiary based) in favor of deductive reasoning from faulty principles.

The worst part of the creationist hypothesis stems from its gross distortions of biblical history to serve its literalist hermeneutics. It is no surprise that folks who have such a difficult time comprehending figurative language in their sacred texts find it nearly impossible to observe nature. Their science and their theology are equally flawed. Their perception of conflict between creation and evolution is rooted in misunderstanding of both.

Nevertheless, there are conflicts between creation and evolution in American culture. It is not a conflict within science, but a conflict between science and religion; it is a conflict between knowledge and ignorance. Religion does not inherently embrace ignorance against knowledge, but American fundamentalism has chosen to stand in defense of ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree