1. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 22:582 edits
    Originally posted by Halitose
    So basically the normal people don't give a d@mn? Then how come there are "normal" people here who seem to have made it their mission in life to post "religiously" offensive, deriding (and often illogical) posts? (I shan't mention any names) Doesn't seem very "normal" to me. Maybe it's a headrush and prejudice on both sides of your binary dividing ...[text shortened]... duty" of living a life reflecting that of Christ. Your deeds speak much louder than your words.
    So basically the normal people don't give a d@mn?

Again it wasn't me who coined this thread "Normal". Someone was offended by the term "Non-Christian" but I never made the claim that Christians are not normal. And why do you think the "normal"/"Non-Christians" don't give a damn? That was never implied by me at all. Is it not possible for Atheists to care for other people? Or anyone else? We just don't have the notion that we know God but that doesn't mean we don't care.

Then how come there are "normal" people here who seem to have made it their mission in life to post "religiously" offensive, deriding (and often illogical) posts?

I don't know? Maybe you should ask them? I have tried not to be illogical unless I am intentionally being sarcastic which I have attempted to refrain from lately. My speculation is that the "normal" people who posts such things are irritated with the likes of some Christians who are just obsessed with their righteousness and their perceived righteousness with Christ. Please mention names and I don't mind if my name is mentioned because I have done my share. But to me, the history of reactions from the non-Christian soapboxers has always been in response to fanatical Christians (namely dj2becker and BF101) who has created countless threads of not only their belief in Christ but has made it a point to put down others. If they just left it at what they believed, I think they would be ignored by us "normal folk" but they provoke every slander they get because they are both unsophisticated enough to realize there is a great big world out there filled with people who think differently about things.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 07:04
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Sorry Nicolaas. I am not attempting to make a sarcastic jab at your thread but rather to get anyone's attention who is interested. I have respected and will continue to respect your wishes to not post in that thread being that I am not a Christian.

I do think it is interesting, however, that it seems like it is a prerequisite of some Christians that t ...[text shortened]... and a completely disregard for anything us non-Christians may believe.

With respect,

Fist
    copycat 😉
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 07:05
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    But anyway, I've seen the business model (kind of like catching crabs - if you live long enough, and you're in enough places, you're bound to see 'em) and I see how it's possible for people to make money. So my question is this: why do I not want to "do" Amway? What is it about Amway that makes my skin crawl?
    Since everybody has seen the plan at one time or another, if the plan worked as well as they claim, folks with MBAs from Harvard would take over and drive the Bible-thumpin' high school dropouts out of the business. But it doesn't work. Multi-level schemes have peaked, and thus no longer work, once they become popular. Your chances for wealth are better with Texas hold 'em.

Furthermore, if the products were as good as they claim, a big corporation would have bought the patent and delivered a truckload to Walmart.

I'm also put off personally by any friend that once to cash in on our friendship to make a sale. Amway folks, as cult groupies in general, measure their friends by the response to their business. If I don't embrace the plan, I'm no longer a friend.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 07:06
    LOL. That was funny and rec'd by me.
    Gracias Carnal!
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 08:30
    [b]So basically the normal people don't give a d@mn?

Again it wasn't me who coined this thread "Normal". Someone was offended by the term "Non-Christian" but I never made the claim that Christians are not normal. And why do you think the "normal"/"Non-Christians" don't give a damn? That was never implied by me at all. Is it not possibl ...[text shortened]... lize there is a great big world out there filled with people who think differently about things.[/b]
    Again it wasn't me who coined this thread "Normal". Someone was offended by the term "Non-Christian" but I never made the claim that Christians are not normal.

Noted.

And why do you think the "normal"/"Non-Christians" don't give a damn? That was never implied by me at all. Is it not possible for Atheists to care for other people? Or anyone else? We just don't have the notion that we know God but that doesn't mean we don't care.

My apologies, I meant it in the gist of your previous post: "...give a d@mn when being proselytized by Christians."

As for the rest of your post. I don't mean to start a flame war of name calling and blame and will leave it at that. I understand that there are both sides to the coin.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:19
    Again it wasn't me who coined this thread "Normal". Someone was offended by the term "Non-Christian" but I never made the claim that Christians are not normal.
    I was not offended. Very little in these forums offends me.

I disagreed with the underlying assumption of "non-Christian" as a category, and chose to express that. In fact, I think this thread was a nice rejoinder to the "xtians only" thread (which as an "xtian NOT!" I jumped into almost instantly).

I aren't nowhere near normal me-self, but put that forth as an alternate label to explain my position.
  7. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:30
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    copycat 😉
    What can I say? When somebody has a good idea I steal it. Thanks for understanding the nature of what I was trying to do.

😀
  8. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:35
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Since everybody has seen the plan at one time or another, if the plan worked as well as they claim, folks with MBAs from Harvard would take over and drive the Bible-thumpin' high school dropouts out of the business. But it doesn't work. Multi-level schemes have peaked, and thus no longer work, once they become popular. Your chances for wealth are better wi ...[text shortened]... riends by the response to their business. If I don't embrace the plan, I'm no longer a friend.
    That is very very true. I remember one time when I was in it I went to one of the events which was over a weekend. Commonly they would have a Christian mass on Sunday morning before an event. I was chatting with this one guy who says, "This is the part that I live for" and I mentioned I was Agnostic. The guy looked me straight in the face and walked away from me.

The Awmay Corporation prides itself on not being public, like Ameriquest does (if you know who they are). The products are decent but it is a hassle to deal with ordering it and having it shipped to you and whatever. You are also treated like scum by people in the business if you are not "moving on" as they say and actively not building the business. They keep hitting raw nerves such as "you don't want it enough", etc.
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:36
    Gracias Carnal!
    te nada 🙂
  10. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:412 edits
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]Again it wasn't me who coined this thread "Normal". Someone was offended by the term "Non-Christian" but I never made the claim that Christians are not normal.

Noted.

And why do you think the "normal"/"Non-Christians" don't give a damn? That was never implied by me at all. Is it not possible for Atheists to care for other peopl ...[text shortened]... calling and blame and will leave it at that. I understand that there are both sides to the coin.
    My apologies, I meant it in the gist of your previous post: "...give a d@mn when being proselytized by Christians."

No worries 🙂 In no way am I trying to be offensive to you but I think most people who are not Christian don't really care to be proseltyized by Christian folk. I find most people who are not Christian tend not to proseltyze their beliefs (or lack of beliefs) to anyone who is not receptive to it.

As for the rest of your post. I don't mean to start a flame war of name calling and blame and will leave it at that. I understand that there are both sides to the coin.

Oh don't worry about it Hal, seriously. I think you are one of the most articulate, consider Christians who post on this site and although you are passionate about your beliefs you are respectful to those who don't share them. I think I have defended and praised you several times in different threads and I will continue to do so.
  11. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:45

I disagreed with the underlying assumption of "non-Christian" as a category, and chose to express that. In fact, I think this thread was a nice rejoinder to the "xtians only" thread (which as an "xtian NOT!" I jumped into almost instantly).

I aren't nowhere near normal me-self, but put that forth as an alternate label to explain my position.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

Thanks 🙂

Sure and join the club 🙂
  12. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 03:571 edit
    Shamelessly bumping my own thread....the bumping whore that I am 🙂 Reading the "CHRISTIANS ONLY" thread has been interesting. As much as an advocate for free speech that I am, I wish BF101 would just go away or be banned. I don't think he represents the Christianity society in the light they wish to be in. I think sasquatch called him the "American Taliban" and that could not be a more truer description. He is poison in my opinion.
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 19:06
    Keep bumping. I cannot check the forums every day, but I need to find this one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree