1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Nov '11 23:461 edit
    "[/b]...only that which was here before anything was added."[/b]

What do we need? Food, air, water and sunshine.

What's with all this other stuff? What a distraction it all is from what matters. People kill for that stuff. They hate their neighbor and are full of envy and jealousy. They start wars for the stuff. They lie and cheat and steal and kill. They're starving because so many hoard it all to themselves. And on and on it goes.

How on earth did evolution ever progress us to this point? So, 500 million years ago just the right combination of "ingredients" occurs and then it begins. Why did it evolve this way? It seems to me things would have, should have, evolved in a harmonious way. What possible explanation can there be for why so much pain and suffering should have resulted from an evolutionary process?

It appears that evolution has given us nothing but chaos and sorrow, and the threat of complete annihilation, either from ourselves or from nature itself.

If one believes in evolution, then they better pray there is no God, and that man will evolve to the point, soon, where all these extraneous materialistic add ons are no longer desired.

When I was a kid, up to about 11 years old, all I wore was a pair of jeans. The callouses on the bottom of my feet were a 1/2 thick. I needed nothing else besides some food and water and a few friends. I had all the fresh air and sunshine I could take.

Then "they" got a hold of me. But I never forgot my roots.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 01:22
    Basic survival training, we need food, water, shelter, clothing, fire for heat and cooking. Keep dry and hydrated.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 00:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    "...only that which was here before anything was added."[/b]

What's with all this other stuff? What a distraction it all is from what matters. People kill for that stuff. They hate their neighbor and are full of envy and jealousy. They start wars for the stuff. They lie and cheat and steal and kill. ...[text shortened]... nd sunshine I could take.

Then "they" got a hold of me. But I never forgot my roots.[/b]
    I do not see how anybody could believe in evolution completely. Most of
    the evolutionists only take the idea back so far and don't want to think
    about anything before that point. That is when everything falls apart.
    But they claim that is another field of study which evolution has nothing
    to do with. Most evolutionists I have known are atheists or agnostics.
    Those that claim to believe in God believe in what is termed microevolution,
    which they say is changes within species. I call that adaptation.

But the idea that the evolutionists that are atheists or agnostics ahould
    pray to God for anything is only wishful thinking on your part. I can not
    see that happening until they have a change of heart or they might call it
    "evolution of the heart" or whatever. I don't know since I am not one of
    them and do not think like they do.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 00:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    to do with. Most evolutionists I have known are atheists or agn ...[text shortened]... heart" or whatever. I don't know since I am not one of
    Evolution does not break down, and goes back as far as is applicable, ie to the first lifeforms.
    As evolution only applies to life forms it doesn't apply to things that are not life.
    This is not a flaw in the theory.
    Any more than it is pointless to try to forecast the weather on a planet with no atmosphere.

Most people who accept evolution are Christians.
    Most Christians accept evolution.
    Adaptation to the environment by passing on genetic traits with variation IS evolution.

Evolution has nothing to do with religion, or belief in god.

You certainly don't think like we do, and thus you don't understand us or evolution.
    Which is why you constantly get (almost) everything you say about it wrong.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 07:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Evolution does not break down, and goes back as far as is applicable, ie to the first lifeforms.
    As evolution only applies to life forms it doesn't apply to things that are not life.
    This is not a flaw in the theory.
    Any more than it is pointless to try to forecast the weather on a planet with no atmosphere.

Most people who accept evolution are Chr ...[text shortened]... us or evolution.
    Which is why you constantly get (almost) everything you say about it wrong.
    Well, it is certain that at least one of us is wrong.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 11:23
    Yes, you, the one with no evidentiary or rational backing while going up against the entirety of science.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 11:26
    That would be you.

Now go and read that book and then come back to us.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 23:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    "...only that which was here before anything was added."[/b]

What's with all this other stuff? What a distraction it all is from what matters. People kill for that stuff. They hate their neighbor and are full of envy and jealousy. They start wars for the stuff. They lie and cheat and steal and kill. ...[text shortened]... nd sunshine I could take.

Then "they" got a hold of me. But I never forgot my roots.[/b]
    So what happened after you turned 12?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 04:12
    to do with. Most evolutionists I have known are atheists or agn ...[text shortened]... heart" or whatever. I don't know since I am not one of
    So how do you expect us to take anything you say about evolution seriously?
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 05:163 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Most people who accept evolution are Christians.
    Most Christians accept evolution.
    I don't know a single Christian who believes man was borne from apes. Nor has it been proven that man was borne from apes which is why it's called the Theory of Evolution.

Now, I understand there are these so-called "Liberal Christians" out there, and they are growing in number. To them, the bible is a bunch of guff to be taken very lightly, and Jesus was a great teacher and prophet.

Well, in my opinion, if someone thinks that is an apt definition of Christian, then they've got a lot of learning to do.

I think the biggest enemy to Christianity on the planet is this "Liberal Christian" movement and sadly, their horde is being spawned from within countless "Christian Seminaries" where the professors themselves believe, teach, and preach this horrid apostasy of a doctrine.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 09:22
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I don't know a single Christian who believes man was borne from apes. Nor has it been proven that man was borne from apes which is why it's called the [b]Theory of Evolution.

Now, I understand there are these so-called "Liberal Christians" out there, and they are growing in number. To them, the bible is a bunch of guff to be taken very ...[text shortened]... he professors themselves believe, teach, and preach this horrid apostasy of a doctrine.[/b]
    I don't know a single Christian who believes man was borne from apes.

Have you not met Suzianne? How about the Intelligent Design advocate Professor Michael Behe?

Nor has it been proven that man was borne from apes which is why it's called the [b]Theory of Evolution.[/b]

😞
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 13:30
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I don't know a single Christian who believes man was borne from apes.

Have you not met Suzianne? How about the Intelligent Design advocate Professor Michael Behe?

Nor has it been proven that man was borne from apes which is why it's called the [b]Theory of Evolution.[/b]

😞[/b]
    The following is Lehigh University's position from the Department of Biological Sciences on evolution and "Intelligent Design":

The faculty in the Department of Biological Sciences is committed to the highest standards of scientific integrity and academic function. This commitment carries with it unwavering support for academic freedom and the free exchange of ideas. It also demands the utmost respect for the scientific method, integrity in the conduct of research, and recognition that the validity of any scientific model comes only as a result of rational hypothesis testing, sound experimentation, and findings that can be replicated by others.

The department faculty, then, are unequivocal in their support of evolutionary theory, which has its roots in the seminal work of Charles Darwin and has been supported by findings accumulated over 140 years. The sole dissenter from this position, Prof. Michael Behe, is a well-known proponent of "intelligent design." While we respect Prof. Behe's right to express his views, they are his alone and are in no way endorsed by the department. It is our collective position that intelligent design has no basis in science, has not been tested experimentally, and should not be regarded as scientific.

Notice they say they support the evolutionary theory. "Theory, not law" is what they support. They also say "Inteligent Design" has not been tested experimentally, and apparently they don't intend to test it for they "believe" it
    has no basis in science. Because of their "belief" in the "theory" of evoulution they see no need to do experimental tests on Intelligent Design.

They only state they disagree with Professor Behe and make no effort to prove him wrong. So this means Professor Behe could still be RIGHT!
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 13:40
    I don't know a single Christian who believes man was borne from apes. Nor has it been proven that man was borne from apes which is why it's called the [b]Theory of Evolution.

Now, I understand there are these so-called "Liberal Christians" out there, and they are growing in number. To them, the bible is a bunch of guff to be taken very ...[text shortened]... he professors themselves believe, teach, and preach this horrid apostasy of a doctrine.[/b]
    Yes and this is why personal experience is almost useless in making generalisations about the world and why you need to use properly done statistical surveys and look at the data.

The majority of Christians world wide are not creationists and specifically not young earth creationists.
    The catholic church for example makes up fully half of all Christians and they fully endorse both evolution and big bang theory.

Creationists are not even the majority in the USA where their numbers proportionally are highest.

The number of people who identify as Christian who accept in evolution outnumber those who identify as another religion or no religion.

You are as a creationist in the minority, both in society as a whole or as a proportion of Christian society.

However that being true doesn't mean that you don't live in a part of the world where your view is the majority opinion.

Hence personal experience being bad for making such judgements.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 14:00
    The following is Lehigh University's position from the Department of Biological Sciences on evolution and "Intelligent Design":

The faculty in the Department of Biological Sciences is committed to the highest standards of scientific integrity and academic function. This commitment carries with it unwavering support for academic freedom and the free exchan ...[text shortened]... effort to prove him wrong. So this means Professor Behe could still be RIGHT!
    What relevance does this have to anything we're discussing?

Behe accpets common descent. Now what's your point?
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 14:03
    Again no, whether evolution happens or not it is not called a theory because it isn't real or hasn't been proved,
    that just isn't what the term means.

Gravity is real, it is a fact that objects with mass attract other objects with mass.
    There is a scientific law of universal gravity that says that masses attract each other and do so all over the universe.
    Gravity is a fact.
    We also have a theory of gravity, that explains how we think gravity works and how strong a force it is in any given situation.
    This theory may well be revised at some point as we get better data and/or replaced with a better theory of gravity that is
    accurate to more decimal places and/or gives a better description of how it works.
    This has happened before when GR replaced Newtonian gravity as our best theory of gravitation.

However gravity is still a fact, it exists, indisputably, and no scientific discovery is ever going to change the fact that there is a
    force we call gravity.

The same applies to evolution.
    Evolution is a fact.
    It is made up of laws.
    And it is a theory.

Seriously, watch these, learn something. If nothing more than the fact that you are using the words wrongly.

YouTube&feature=related

YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree