1. Colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I think homosexuality is a choice. As I stated they can get saved, but if they are true Christians they will repent. The bible clearly condemns this sin.
    It is also a spiritual sin and very difficult to deal with.

Isa. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the pu t live with the saints! You are not looking at timetables here. You are overlooking many things.[/b]
    I think homosexuality is a choice. As I stated they can get saved, but if they are true Christians they will repent. The bible clearly condemns this sin.

In nature science has shown that animals can be homosexual as well as humans. You’re willing to believe that God gave us a sin nature, you’re will to believe that homosexuality is a sin, and yet you don’t accept that some are born homosexual. Why?

Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Isa. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Do you reject this verse? The Christ came to save the world, and that is what God will do.

No, but what does it have to do with your point? Not all will be saved.

The point is clear. Jesus does God’s will right? The Christ came to save the world and this is what’s going to happen. What’s so confusing? Yes, in the end all will be saved.

Yes, and here is another one 1 Cor. 15:22-23 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own turn...

As you say, no distinction.

You are taking this verse completely out of context. Hitler is not saved.

There is only one context to take it in, the context in which it is given. Paul doesn’t refer to “all believers“, he uses the word “all.” This is the context that it is given in.

Have you personally asked God about Hitler?

You are not looking at timetables here. You are overlooking many things.

I’m looking at God’s timetable, eternity.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What is God's law of reproduction?
    I have another question. If my dog climbs on my leg, is that considered beastiality?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:08
    I have another question. If my dog climbs on my leg, is that considered beastiality?
    Well now Kirk, what kind of question is that? 😕
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:11
    [b]I think homosexuality is a choice. As I stated they can get saved, but if they are true Christians they will repent. The bible clearly condemns this sin.

In nature science has shown that animals can be homosexual as well as humans. You’re willing to believe that God gave us a si ...[text shortened]... metables here. You are overlooking many things.[/b]

I’m looking at God’s timetable, eternity.[/b]
    God gave His Son that whosoever believes shall be saved. Period. He who does not believe shall perish. Period. What is so hard to figure about that?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:29
    Well now Kirk, what kind of question is that? 😕
    It is an honest question. No one will answer it because it points out the absurdity of all this focusing on sexual "sins" in these forums. It seems to me that there is more emphasis in the Bible on dishonesty as a sin than homosexuality.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:43
    It is an honest question. No one will answer it because it points out the absurdity of all this focusing on sexual "sins" in these forums. It seems to me that there is more emphasis in the Bible on dishonesty as a sin than homosexuality.
    I agree that there is too much focus on sexual sin, but it is also one of the easiest to commit. That includes adultry, fornication, etc. So it is one sin that Satan uses because it is powerful, by being enjoyable, though it is destructive.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:51
    I agree that there is too much focus on sexual sin, but it is also one of the easiest to commit. That includes adultry, fornication, etc. So it is one sin that Satan uses because it is powerful, by being enjoyable, though it is destructive.
    So it's enjoyable but destructive. OK, I can say the same thing about icecream and fat people. So which is worse?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 03:56
    So it's enjoyable but destructive. OK, I can say the same thing about icecream and fat people. So which is worse?
    They aren't as powerful, and I think you know exactly what I mean. Sex has dominated our culture since the beginning. Today on television almost every thing is sex oriented.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 04:04
    They aren't as powerful, and I think you know exactly what I mean. Sex has dominated our culture since the beginning. Today on television almost every thing is sex oriented.
    I disagree. I see more about food being portrayed in a seductive way on TV.
  10. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 04:35
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Homosexuality is a sin. Has always been a sin. Will always be a sin.
    Whether or not it is accepted in today's lifestyle by some, does not change the fact that it is a sin.
    GOD forgives the sin of homosexuality just as HE forgives all other sin. That forgiveness comes with a price. That price is Repentance and accepting the Lifestyle that is offered ...[text shortened]... sin. Accept the Salvation that JESUS CHRIST offeres. Repent and get Saved before it is too late.
    No, your interpretation of the Bible states that it's a sin. There are many who believe it isn't.
  11. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 04:36
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    It is against GOD'S Law of Reproduction.
    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. GENESIS 1:28
    So, if people don't marry, or are impotent, it's a sin? Because they don't/can't reproduce?
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 04:39
    I disagree. I see more about food being portrayed in a seductive way on TV.
    Sexual impulses and the concomitant cultural taboos are inscribed pretty deeply into our psyches, I think. More deeply than most. I think CB has a point on that. But I find it interesting that the message of the prophets, for instance, is aimed much more prominently on things like greed and oppression and injustice as moral issues. And yet those issues do not seem to be the ones today that are the mostly hotly debated in organized religion—not nearly so much, it seems to me, as homosexuality, the ordination of women, priestly celibacy, etc. Those latter issues seem to be the ones that tear churches and synagogues apart, with great rancor.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 04:485 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey
    It seems to me that there is more emphasis in the Bible on dishonesty as a sin than homosexuality.

Originally posted by vistesd
    But I find it interesting that the message of the prophets, for instance, is aimed much more prominently on things like greed and oppression and injustice as moral issues. And yet those issues do not seem to ...[text shortened]... mostly hotly debated in organized religion—not nearly so much, it seems to me, as homosexuality
    That's because you can't wage a successful us-against-them campaign on the issues of greed or dishonesty. You wouldn't be offering the followers any "us" identity. Homosexuals make a convenient "them."
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 04:541 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    That's because you can't wage a successful us-against-them campaign on the issues of greed or dishonesty. You wouldn't be offering the followers any "us" identity. Homosexuals make a convenient "them."
    Damn! Well, that depressed me for the rest of the evening. I wish I could find something to hang a disagreement—or even a qualifier—on, but I can’t…
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 05:01
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Damn! Well, that depressed me for the rest of the evening. I wish I could find something to hang a disagreement—or even a qualifier—on, but I can’t…
    Have you read The Battle for God yet? I'm about halfway through it. It's pretty hefty. It has a lot of things to say about the myth subject from the other thread, as well as how modern fundamentalist religions have a strong identity component holding them together.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree