1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 08:48
    Is it like being punted through the goal-posts into heaven?
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 09:40
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    YouTube
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 09:41
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5Y1OuQIxo
    Thank you.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 12:09
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5Y1OuQIxo
    😵 That's great. 😵 Like the thief on the cross that was next to Jesus.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 11:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Its like thinking you outsmarted the system.
    Christ is not a fool, He knows your heart.
    I suggest you dont try it.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 17:33
    Nevertheless, there ARE deathbed confessions (and "thief-on-the-cross" experiences), which prove that salvation is indeed by grace ALONE---and not works.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 18:44
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Nevertheless, there ARE deathbed confessions (and "thief-on-the-cross" experiences), which prove that salvation is indeed by grace ALONE---and not works.
    So deathbed confessions prove that salvation is by grace ?
    You mean you know what happened to the people after they died ?
    You are crazier than I originally thought.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:408 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999

LUKE 23:43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with ME in Paradise."

This was a man who at first reviled and hurled insults at Christ with the rest. Even while hanging on the cross next to Jesus, Knowing he was about to die and in very much pain. ( Matthew 27:44) and
    Mark 15: 29-32

And then later he realized Jesus was and is Lord, and God. And then he just asked Jesus to remember him. And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with ME in Paradise." LUKE 23:43

This is a conversion, not just a confession. And it was all threw God's grace, Not by any works.
    Now if Jesus is your Lord and Savior you will have works by your faith in Him, automatically. If you don't somethings wrong and you better take a look at yourself and your heart, and your faith in Him.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 21:59
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]You mean you know what happened to the people after they died ?

LUKE 23:43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with ME in Paradise."

This was a man who at first reviled and hurled insults at Christ with the rest. Even while hanging on the cross next to Jesus, Knowing he was about to die and in very much pain ...[text shortened]... things wrong and you better take a look at yourself and your heart, and your faith in Him.[/b]
    So everytime there is a deathbed confession, the result is the same. The person goes to paradise with Christ.

Is that what you are saying? Because that was my question to PF.
    I did not ask about the thief on the cross.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 22:214 edits
    So everytime there is a deathbed confession, the result is the same. The person goes to paradise with Christ.

Is that what you are saying? Because that was my question to PF.
    I did not ask about the thief on the cross.
    I would say most likely no. But that really is only for God to answer. As you said earlier God knows your heart. He knows if you just doing a chant to try and get out of hell for free or not.

Mathew 7:21-23
    21 "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord "Lord,' shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father in Heaven.

22 "MANY will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name??"
    23 "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

Notice the word Many, and that these people thought they were saved and were Christians. I'm almost sure this is due to pride in themselves, and no love in their heart for God, which is shown to God by no love for all their fellow man.

Everyone loves their own family usually, and most can show love to their own click, church members, etc. But do you have love and compassion for all? That's the question I would say. We're even suppose to love our enemies. Now that's a tough one. But were sure suppose to try, And if we fail sometimes? Drink of His blood that He shed for all of us, Then eat some more of His flesh, His word.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]So everytime there is a deathbed confession, the result is the same. The person goes to paradise with Christ.
    I would say most likely no. But that really is only for God to answer. As you said earlier God knows your heart. He knows if you just doing a chant to try and get out of hell for free or not.

Mathew 7:21-23
    21 "Not everyone f His blood that He shed for all of us, Then eat some more of His flesh, His word.[/b]
    So would you agree with PinkFloyd then. He says that deathbed confessions prove that salvation is by grace alone.

My question is :
    1. How do you know what % of deathbed confessions are successful, if any at all, since there is no way to prove it.

2. Does a deathbed confession (which is an exceptional case) that yields results, necessarily mean that works are not a requirement of our salvation for the rest of us?
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 22:44
    The defense of Jesus from unjust accusation is a work, PinkFloyd. Faith cannot exist in the
    absence of works, as I've pointed out repeatedly in the other thread. It is a Biblical mandate
    that people of faith do works. If you only have a few minutes or hours in which you have been
    a person of faith, then you only have a few minutes in which to do works.

But one cannot -- as iterated several times by several authors in the NT literature -- have faith
    and not have works.

It's simply impossible.

Nemesio

P.S., this is not an argument that 'works save,' so don't bother objecting with that strawman.
    It's merely an observation that there is no such thing as an unworking person of faith.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 22:53
    So would you agree with PinkFloyd then. He says that deathbed confessions prove that salvation is by grace alone.

My question is :
    1. How do you know what % of deathbed confessions are successful, if any at all, since there is no way to prove it.

2. Does a deathbed confession (which is an exceptional case) that yields results, necessarily mean that works are not a requirement of our salvation for the rest of us?
    PinkFloyd is correct. We are saved by grace, threw faith. Not by works lest any man should boast.
    But also faith without works is dead faith. Paul clearly stated both these. The thief on the cross and others clearly didn't have anytime to have works. They didn't have time to get baptized or anything. But they were still saved. By Grace. If they would have lived longer on this earth they would have had works also, because they were truly born again.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 23:02
    I know enough to know that Christian behaavior doesn't include calling others names just because we don't share the same beliefs. Name-calling is a rather immature way to debate, don't you think?🙂
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 23:16
    I know enough to know that Christian behaavior doesn't include calling others names just because we don't share the same beliefs. Name-calling is a rather immature way to debate, don't you think?🙂
    We all make mistakes. I wouldn't take it personal. If everyone who called someone names or said they were crazy was going to hell and not saved, I would be near the front of the line.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree