1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 19:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You can quote a hundred verses if you wish - but at the end of the day most Christians believe that animals do not have souls like our human soul.

I don't have any statistics on that. However, I proved to you that the book which forms the basis of the Christian faith, the Holy Bible, SAID that animals had the nephesh (soul).

If you s ...[text shortened]... want
    to learn anything. I only care about my bottom line.

Goodbye, woman burner.[/b]
    Such foolishness.

I have informed you that to kill is sinful ........and all you can do is defend it by presenting falsity about women burning themselves.

Vaisnavism does not teach what you have suggested and it is an old belief coming from Hinduism a long time ago.............and I have mentioned many times that I am not presenting Hinduism because Hinduism is a modern day concoction by uninformed persons and has nothing to do with true religion presented by the Vedanta Sutra and the Vedas. (I have told you this before)

If you go on-line and google your information about the Veda you are a fool.....and will be mis-lead.

This simply shows your insincerity to learn about true religion and defend the animal killing religion instead.

Why are Christians so ready and passionate to defend the slaughter of animals and refuse to listen to true knowledge?

It has everything to do with honesty/dishonesty.

I have given in this forum before a list of many falsities the Bible teach and you simply don't care one way or another.

If you don't care to learn what is true and what is false then that means you are defeated in every respect.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 19:49
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Swami Prubhupada has written books.

But in order to write books, one has to become engaged in the material world. In order to instruct students, one has to become engaged in the material world.

It seems to me that to detach oneself entirely from the material world, one would have to, at the very least, enter some sort of sense-deprivation tank and ...[text shortened]... is there some way to remain very much a part of the material world without being attached to it?
    We all live in our consciousness and this reflects how we engage in this world with others.

Prubhupada was in this world but not of it.

His consciousness was absorbed in God 100%. and this doesn't mean he cannot engage in speaking, walking, writing.

Most people,s consciousness are absorbed in enjoying the senses and making plans to to enjoy one way or the other.

In Buddhism they say before enlightment chop wood.............and after enlightment chop wood.

But when we are chopping wood - where is our consciousness?
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 18:54
    Originally posted by Dasa
    We all live in our consciousness and this reflects how we engage in this world with others.

Prubhupada was in this world but not of it.

His consciousness was absorbed in God 100%. and this doesn't mean he cannot engage in speaking, walking, writing.

Most people,s consciousness are absorbed in enjoying the senses and making plans to to enjoy one way or ...[text shortened]... and after enlightment chop wood.

But when we are chopping wood - where is our consciousness?
    I guess when "chopping wood" - most people would be thinking "I hate chopping wood - how much more wood is there to chop - this ax is too heavy - dang it, I just got a splinter"

but another approach would be to think "God has given me this task of chopping wood - each time I chop into the wood, it will be an expression of my love for God - who I thank for giving me this ax, this wood, and the ability to chop this wood"

is this kind of what you're talking about?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 19:17
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I guess when "chopping wood" - most people would be thinking "I hate chopping wood - how much more wood is there to chop - this ax is too heavy - dang it, I just got a splinter"

but another approach would be to think "God has given me this task of chopping wood - each time I chop into the wood, it will be an expression of my love for God - who I thank ...[text shortened]... is wood, and the ability to chop this wood"

is this kind of what you're talking about?
    Exactly.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 19:511 edit
    in your view, (besides the animal killing issue) how does Christian belief prevent us from understanding what we just discussed?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 07:56
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Vedic teachings are perfect and are for the civilized man.

The Vedic teachings do not teach vegetarianism.

However they do instruct people to be civilized and respect life in all its forms and eat foods in the mode of goodness such as fruits, grains, milk, vegetables................which means it is a fore-gone conclusion that they will automatically ...[text shortened]... important.

And without being spiritually aware - God consciousness will not develop at all.
    False Christianity teaches many untruths; however, the Holy Bible states
    the truth and it says animals are also living souls as I have told you before.
    You are just like the JWs, because you pay attention to only what your
    blinders allow you to see. True Christianity is the real truth, not the Vedic
    religion or what ever you wish to call it. It is only another deception of
    Satan the Devil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree