1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Child abuse? we certainly wont be taking lessons from you people on how to bring up our children. Indeed, my kids teachers are absolutely astounded at how genuinely polite, helpful and considerate my kid is, in stark contrast they tell me to other children. People like ex witnesses can hardly be considered an unbiased source, they are just haters, ...[text shortened]... about the atrocities of Christians, so either start your own thread or post something relevant.
    I thought you classed yourselves as "Christians"?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I thought you classed yourselves as "Christians"?
    There are Christians and there are those that act like Christians.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:25
    There are Christians and there are those that act like Christians.
    Does that disseminate to - JWs and then there is everyone else who kill people?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:26
    Originally posted by yavash
    to an extent i agree with you BUT have you read the harshness and unforgiving nature of the first testiment? Those are Christian teachings are they not.
    yes i myself struggle to come to terms with it, i dont mind telling you that, but it does not justify acts of atrocities on the part of Christians.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:271 edit
    what an ignorant answer, if a physician wishes to give a minor blood, he may do so. but we are of course not talking of merely one or two, shall we ask Conrau how many children Catholic clergy have abused and utterly wrecked the lives of, before we even get to the Nasiz's?
    Actually, one of my friends from New Zealand whose family is JW was telling me her niece needed an organ transplant after her birth but her parents refused to give consent for a blood transfusion. The infant is now suffering organ failure and will die soon. Now, you may deny that this story is true. The point, however, is that your organisation sickly teaches that this is the morally superior situation.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Does that disseminate to - JWs and then there is everyone else who kill people?
    as Galvo stated, how many wars have we engaged in? how many weapons have we
    blessed? how many bombs have we dropped? were we not incarcerated for failing to
    take up arms against other human beings? How many persons have we gunned down in cold blood? do tell.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:40
    Child abuse? we certainly wont be taking lessons from you people on how to bring
    up our children. Indeed, my kids teachers are absolutely astounded at how
    genuinely polite, helpful and considerate my kid is, in stark contrast they tell me to
    other children. People like ex witnesses can hardly be considered an unbiased
    source, they are just ...[text shortened]... ly loved it. It
    was mixed from older ones to young ones, you people dont know the half of it.
    Like any thread started by a person in one group bashing a collection of groups that aren't affiliated with his/hers, people will play the same game as the person who started said thread and show how the bashing is commutative.

You made this thread about your group when you hypocritically point your mallet at other groups; likewise any person bashing JWs gets yourself and Galveston75 on the case hitting back.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:413 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Actually, one of my friends my New Zealand whose family is JW was telling me her niece needed an organ transplant after her birth but her parents refused to give consent for a blood transfusion. The infant is now suffering organ failure and will die soon. Now, you may deny that this story is true. The point, however, is that your organisation sickly teaches that this is the morally superior situation.
    soo this is second hand gossip from an auntie? have you ever considered that there
    may be no surgeons willing to do the operation without blood? if she is a minor the
    courts overrule the parents, again making your statement hard to believe, but that
    is not the case, we have already covered how many persons have been killed by
    receiving infected blood and your stance was, if 3,000 are killed to save ten
    thousand then that is fine, when in actual fact you don't know the slightest detail
    about what alternative treatments are available, yet here you are sounding off as i
    you are some kind of expert. we claim , in the case of adults the right of self
    determination., get over that fact, we not only think that it is morally superior, we
    think that it is biblically sound. I dont care what you think, as a catholic your
    organisation has murdered and sexually abused more persons than its possible to
    imagine, therefore your words are nothing but a clashing cymbal of pure
    hollowness. I sincerely hope you will be exposed thoroughly as the hypocrites you
    are , in Rwanda, in Nazi Germany and elsewhere. 'A rotten tree that cannot produce
    good fruit', as the Christ stated.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:48
    Child abuse? we certainly wont be taking lessons from you people on how to bring
    up our children. Indeed, my kids teachers are absolutely astounded at how
    genuinely polite, helpful and considerate my kid is, in stark contrast they tell me to
    other children. People like ex witnesses can hardly be considered an unbiased
    source, they are just ...[text shortened]... ly loved it. It
    was mixed from older ones to young ones, you people dont know the half of it.
    So what? All you have shown is that members of your organisations have adequate social skills to enjoy a communal sausage sizzle and your kids are well-behaved enough to not be in juvenile detention. I am glad you meet those minimal social standards. But then when your organisation prohibits blood transfusions and discourages higher education and basically requires unthinking obedience, that's when I think your organisation is brainwashing. Sure, your kids might be well-behaved; brainwashing does after all try to expunge rebellious instincts.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:491 edit
    as Galvo stated, how many wars have we engaged in? how many weapons have we
    blessed? how many bombs have we dropped? were we not incarcerated for failing to
    take up arms against other human beings? How many persons have we gunned down in cold blood? do tell.
    No idea.

What about the Mormons or the Christadelphians or the Scientologists or the Pentecostals or the Quakers or the Presbytarians or Plymouth Brethren or the Congregationalists etc etc etc.

Edit: you sound desperate to prove a point - I wish I could see what it is!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:502 edits
    So what? All you have shown is that members of your organisations have adequate social skills to enjoy a communal sausage sizzle and your kids are well-behaved enough to not be in juvenile detention. I am glad you meet those minimal social standards. But then when your organisation prohibits blood transfusions and discourages higher education and basically ur kids might be well-behaved; brainwashing does after all try to expunge rebellious instincts.
    so what? so we wont be taking lessons from you people on how to bring up our kids,
    thats what. How many children do you have Conrau? do tell of your experience as a father.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:53
    soo this is second hand gossip from an auntie? have you ever considered that there
    may be no surgeons willing to do the operation without blood? if she is a minor the
    courts overrule the parents, again making your statement hard to believe, but that
    receiving infec ...[text shortened]... ermany and elsewhere. 'A rotten tree that cannot produce
    good fruit', as the Christ stated.
    may be no surgeons willing to do the operation without blood?

The operation was performed. The blood transfusion was not given. I am unaware of what rights NZ law gives to parents. Certainly in Australia, the courts can override the wishes of parents but I do not know of NZ. I am guessing not. But as I said, the truth of the story is not important; what's important is that your organisation teaches this to be morally superior -- that an infant die rather than receive a blood transfusion.

but that
    receiving infected blood and your stance was, if 3,000 are killed to save ten
    thousand then that is fine, when in actual fact you don't know the slightest detail
    about what alternative treatments are available,

In this case, there are no alternative treatments. Hemoglobin is needed to support the new organ. And it seems much better to transfuse blood than to worry about the possibility of infection. The chances of infection are minimal; the chance of death without transfusion is inevitable.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:54
    so what? so we wont be taking lessons from you people on how to bring up our kids,
    thats what. How many children do you have Conrau? do tell of your experience as a father.
    I don't have any children. I don't see why this is relevant though. I have enough experience in life to know that many people enjoy sausage sizzles and have polite children.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:56
    [b] may be no surgeons willing to do the operation without blood?

The operation was performed. The blood transfusion was not given. I am unaware of what rights NZ law gives to parents. Certainly in Australia, the courts can override the wishes of parents but I do not know of NZ. I am guessing not. But as I said, the truth of the story is not importa ...[text shortened]... . The chances of infection are minimal; the chance of death without transfusion is inevitable.[/b]
    why then are their entire hospitals in America dedicated to bloodless surgery, which do organ transplants if blood is needed? do tell.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 22:02
    I don't have any children. I don't see why this is relevant though. I have enough experience in life to know that many people enjoy sausage sizzles and have polite children.
    it relevant because i dont need to justify the way we bring up our children to you, that's
    why its relevant, for you have not the slightest inkling on how children should be
    brought up, having never experienced it yourself. Please tell me how i should bring
    my children up, what advice can you offer me as a parent?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree