1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 10:591 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]please answer the point, is the depiction fictional or is it not?

No. Whether an animal can walk upright or not can be determined by looking at it's pelvis or it's femur, you don't need to watch it walking.

Your quote was no doubt correct in 1981, we're now in the 21st century. Yet again you're reduced to providing 30+year old quotes when di ...[text shortened]... ck out Hinds Cave in Texas -

http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/hinds/artifacts.html#peri[/b]
    an outrageous statement! Hinds cave? I wonder if RJH knows about this?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    To highlight the difference between empirical and fictional science?
    not really. just a question to see how you tackle one of those tricky subjects that seems not to fit in well with man being created by god.

on a separate note, if you disagree with a scientific theory it doesnt actually make the theory, fictional science or science fiction (is the term i would use) you are in fact not being empirical by dismissing it as such, which makes you seem rather hypocritical. the truth is that the theories formed about mans evolution are based upon found evidence, this would make them empirical. the truth is something can be empirical and wrong. many theories in the past have been empirical, in that they were based on observation, tested, hypothesis formed and evaluated and many years later discovered to be incorrect.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    These Atheists keep lying by telling us they have mountains of evidence for evolution. However when you exclude adaption within kind, they do not even have a mole hill. 😏
    It's not just atheists who accept evolution you thicko, and as for lying, that's a bit rich coming from you 'Silicon Ron'. 🙄
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:041 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    not really. just a question to see how you tackle one of those tricky subjects that seems not to fit in well with man being created by god.

on a separate note, if you disagree with a scientific theory it doesnt actually make the theory, fictional science or science fiction (is the term i would use) you are in fact not being empirical by dismissing it ...[text shortened]... vation, tested, hypothesis formed and evaluated and many years later discovered to be incorrect.
    you had better try something other than speculative arguments which biologists
    themselves dont really fully comprehend. I could easily ask, why do we have a
    conscience and your materialism has no answer. The depiction is fictional, you cannot
    escape the fact, its a fictional depiction of a fictional being, regardless of whether I
    accept the theory or not. My main beef is that its being promoted as empirical science,
    when clearly its nothing of the sort.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:10
    an outrageous statement! Hinds cave? I wonder if RJH knows about this?
    So, Hinds Cave in Texas, how does that fit into your scheme of things?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:13
    So, Hinds Cave in Texas, how does that fit into your scheme of things?
    it doesn't, everything remains as it is, biologists, anthropologists, palaeontologists
    materialists in every guise will all simply continue to read from the same cookery book
    and present fictional beings under the guise of empirical science as the BBC website
    has clearly demonstrated.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:20
    it doesn't, everything remains as it is, biologists, anthropologists, palaeontologists
    materialists in every guise will all simply continue to read from the same cookery book
    and present fictional beings under the guise of empirical science as the BBC website
    has clearly demonstrated.
    Someone was there using that cave for a few thousand years, who was it?
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:211 edit
    you had better try something other than speculative arguments which biologists
    themselves dont really fully comprehend. I could easily ask, why do we have a
    conscience and your materialism has no answer. The depiction is fictional, you cannot
    escape the fact, its a fictional depiction of a fictional being, regardless of whether I
    accept the ...[text shortened]... in beef is that its being promoted as empirical science,
    when clearly its nothing of the sort.
    sorry, i dont really follow what you are talking about.
    did you just almost ask me a question, then decide i wouldnt be able to answer it? so didnt ask...bizarre.

the sentence is completely bonkers

"you cannot escape the fact, its a fictional depiction of a fictional being, regardless of whether I
    accept the theory or not "

so you have decided something is definitely fictional, therefore if you change your mind and think its truth, it will still be wrong, because the you of now knows its wrong so therefore the future you who changes their mind is just being stupid!!!! crazy, crazy, crazy way of thinking robbie.

there are remains of various skulls and bones that some scientists have used to formulate a theory. you accept the bones exist, we all do, we've all seen them. you may think they are there for a different reason and do not point to evolution of man. some scientists do think it points to evolution, because they have used the theories behind empirical science to formulate these theories it makes them empirical, they could be wrong, it doesnt stop them from being empirical. give me some reasons why it isnt empirical.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:302 edits
    sorry, i dont really follow what you are talking about.
    did you just almost ask me a question, then decide i wouldnt be able to answer it? so didnt ask...bizarre.

the sentence is completely bonkers

"you cannot escape the fact, its a fictional depiction of a fictional being, regardless of whether I
    accept the theory or not "

so you have de wrong, it doesnt stop them from being empirical. give me some reasons why it isnt empirical.
    it was a rhetorical question, i did not expect nor solicit an answer, sigh. Its fictional
    depiction, why? because its made up, invented, engineered, call it what you will, shall I
    produce a definition of fictional in order to verify the fact? As soon as you accept this
    incontrovertible fact, you may just have recourse to term others, stupid or whatever
    other piece of scorn you wish to pour upon them. Same old materialistic jive, you dont
    accept their fictional depictions and you are stupid, neeeeext, trundle trundle, caravan
    trundles on.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:332 edits
    Someone was there using that cave for a few thousand years, who was it?
    RJ Hinds, he's pretty Neanderthal 🙂 Its not called the Hinds cave for nothing you know. Plus he's Texan!
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:38
    it was a rhetorical question, i did not expect nor solicit an answer, sigh Its fictional
    depiction, why? because its made up, invented, engineered, call it what you will, shall I
    produce a definition of fictional in order to verify the fact? As soon as you accept this
    incontrovertible fact, you may just have recourse to term others, stupid or ...[text shortened]... their fictional depictions are you are stupid, neeeeext, trundle trundle, caravan
    trundles on.
    what exactly are you accusing them of inventing and engineering? a
    are you suggesting that they are aware that its made up and they have knowingly faked a theory? or do you think they have found all these bones and added 2 to 2 and come up with 5?

you can cobble together a definition of fictional if you wish, i hope its more accurate than your use of the word empirical.

any ideas on goosebumps yet?
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:43
    RJ Hinds, he's pretty Neanderthal 🙂 Its not called the Hinds cave for nothing you know. Plus he's Texan!
    Terrible attempt at deflection. Who was using the caves Rob?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:45
    they did find a fossilized laptop and tinfoil hats trapped in amber and simple markings scratched onto the walls that is thought to be the earliest signs of cave man trolling.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:48
    what exactly are you accusing them of inventing and engineering? a
    are you suggesting that they are aware that its made up and they have knowingly faked a theory? or do you think they have found all these bones and added 2 to 2 and come up with 5?

you can cobble together a definition of fictional if you wish, i hope its more accurate than your use of the word empirical.

any ideas on goosebumps yet?
    if you go to the BBC website that i cited, you will see a physically engineered and
    fictional depiction of a caveman and women. Empirical means that which can be
    observed, you have not observed such a being, they have not determined that it
    walked upright, they have stated that Lucy was the first upright ape, unobserved,
    they have given the impression that she was something other than an ape, not true,
    she was entirely simian, in fact, how much unobserved phenomena are you willing
    to allow before you admit that its not based upon empirical science ( that which is
    observed) but a theoretical estimation and projection based upon a purely
    speculative basis? you have not observed transmutation, your theory cannot be
    falsified and and fictional depictions are just that, made up or engineered, now you
    can either accept this truth or not, but dont expect others to buy into your empirical
    science when its nothing of the sort.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 11:49
    Terrible attempt at deflection. Who was using the caves Rob?
    dont know, dont care, i have proved my point, the BBC are utilising engineered images to depict fictional beings, trundle trundle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree