1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 08:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    no father, no son
    whom to give thanks to?

Don't you find kabbalah and amor fati odd consorts?
    Kabbalah and amor fati are indeed odd consorts! (Amor fati is an odd consort all by itself; I undoubtedly should change my profile quote.)

“Whom to give thanks to”? I was just reading, last night, Daniel Matt on that very question—in the context of the non-dualism of kabbalah. (Synchronicity!) His view seemed to be that that’s why people insist on positing a personal god, rather than just Ein Sof. I don’t really think that’s necessary for thankfulness.

But I remember, when we were talking about QBLH the last time, asking blackbeetle how to relate the notion of covenant within the context of non-dualism. I remember that I thought his answer was damned good—but damned if I can remember what it was! šŸ™
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 09:20
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Kabbalah and amor fati are indeed odd consorts! (Amor fati is an odd consort all by itself; I undoubtedly should change my profile quote.)

“Whom to give thanks to”? I was just reading, last night, Daniel Matt on that very question—in the context of the non-dualism of kabbalah. (Synchronicity!) His view seemed to be that that’s why people insist on p ...[text shortened]... remember that I thought his answer was damned good—but damned if I can remember what it was! šŸ™
    Back then I said
    “My Otz Chiim is a Jacob's ladder complex, a tree and then a tree and then a tree and then a tree; each tree belongs to each world, and each tree has its mirror image too;
    from ein soph haur emanated the first qeter and the flash went all the way to malkut
    which is the qeter of the next tree
    and then comes the third tree likewise
    and then comes the forth;
    as the first world blows derives the second
    and then from the second within the first derives the third,
    and then from the third within the second within the first derives the forth
    all of them worlds are radiating the next ad infinitum into the Void
    from which they derived”

So no two -and, since no grasping even to the One, no thankfulness. Avoiding the confusion and taking the Void as the Way the Way is Void and the spirit is Emptiness. Methinks ben Zoma drove crazy because unable he were to embrace
    Chaos
    unable he were to embrace (this Pressure known as) Vast Emptiness. Nothing HolyšŸ˜µ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree