1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 08:58
    Currently, thread links only allow to link to the first page of the thread. When threads are long, it can be very useful to link directly to the relevant page.

Using URLs has the problem of being domain dependent. If I'm using PtIG and someone links to an RHP page then I need to log in or manually change the link to post in that thread (or to even read it if it's in a private forum).

I think it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a system to allow this and it would be very useful.

Keep up the good work.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 09:16
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Currently, thread links only allow to link to the first page of the thread. When threads are long, it can be very useful to link directly to the relevant page.

Using URLs has the problem of being domain dependent. If I'm using PtIG and someone links to an RHP page then I need to log in or manually change the link to post in that thread (or to even read it ...[text shortened]... to come up with a system to allow this and it would be very useful.

Keep up the good work.
    If you're posting links in Private Forums use this format instead of the full URL for the link tag:

[url=/board/showthread.php?threadid=######&page=#]

It'll keep the domain the user is currently on when they click on it.

But apart from that, I agree. More adaptable thread links, please!
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 09:54
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    If you're posting links in Private Forums use this format instead of the full URL for the link tag:

[url=/board/showthread.php?threadid=######&page=#]

It'll keep the domain the user is currently on when they click on it.

But apart from that, I agree. More adaptable thread links, please!
    Thanks, didn't know that one. The change would still be useful for other forums, though.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 12:11
    In order to link to a thread one can use this format:
    [ threadid ]75003[ /threadid ] where 75003 is the threadnumber.

Why not extend the thread number to include page number as well?

Example:
    [ threadid ]75003:2[ /threadid ] where :2 is the page number.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree