1. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 04:34
    Usually, a debate has an opening statement and an opposing view, followed by a limited period of arguments from both sides. Then there's the "open" section, with questions and answers, and finally there is a count of the "Yays" and the "Nays".

Would it be possible to see the results of the debates? I mean a simple count of the (participating) votes, or a simple "Well, you got that one right/wrong"?

Sometimes it's quite frustrating wading through all the drivel and indeciferable technobabble to find out who has all the good points, and who won the argument.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 11:20
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Usually, a debate has an opening statement and an opposing view, followed by a limited period of arguments from both sides. Then there's the "open" section, with questions and answers, and finally there is a count of the "Yays" and the "Nays".

Would it be possible to see the results of the debates? I mean a simple count of the (participating) votes, or a ...[text shortened]... erable technobabble to find out who has all the good points, and who won the argument.
    I think the one who win a discussion is the one learning something and is able to admit it.

The one getting the last word/posting is by far not the winner.

Do you agree...? 🙂
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 12:19
    I've been doing some scoring myself...

Xenophobes 1
    Reasoning 0

Works for most every thread.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree