The “Cheat Police” vote was fundamentally flawed

The “Cheat Police” vote was fundamentally flawed

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
15 Jan 05

In addition to the concerns I listed in The “Cheat Police” is a bad & dangerous idea ... the actual vote itself was severely flawed:

People nominated themselves
They were not required to provide any form of identification
(they have remained anonymous throughout)
The were not required to provide verifiable outside (USCF, FIDE, etc.) titles or ratings
They were not required to provide a chess resume, or list their 'cheating' experience or skills in any way

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jan 05

Originally posted by Kranium
In addition to the concerns I listed in The “Cheat Police” is a bad & dangerous idea ... the actual vote itself was severely flawed:

People nominated themselves
They were not required to provide any form of identification
(they have remained anonymous throughout)
The were not required to provide verifiable outside (USCF, FIDE, etc.) titles or ratings
...[text shortened]... t required to provide a chess resume, or list their 'cheating' experience or skills in any way
Russ asked for volunteers and then set up a community vote. Hundreds of the most active users voiced their preferences. Your one man crusade against the Game Mod concept, approved by 90% of those who voted, is getting tiresome. When you own your own chess site then you can make the rules, but Russ does here. He wants the Game Mods, so do 90% of the people here, other chess sites have similar systems in place and we're going to get them, so deal with it.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
15 Jan 05

the vote in iraq will be fundamentally flawed,
the votes in the u.s. have been fundamentally flawed,
of course the cheat police vote will be too.

life is fundamentally flawed.

flaws are life.

live with it.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
15 Jan 05

Originally posted by flexmore
the vote in iraq will be fundamentally flawed,
the votes in the u.s. have been fundamentally flawed,
of course the cheat police vote will be too.

life is fundamentally flawed.

flaws are life.

live with it.
your logic is flawed....

sorry could'nt resist.

Why should they have to provide "indenification, ratings, blah blah"? There is no reason I can think of that requires I know thier name adress uscf rating etc.

K

Moves
15 Jan 05

Originally posted by Nyxie

Why should they have to provide "indenification, ratings, blah blah"? There is no reason I can think of that requires I know thier name adress uscf rating etc.
This would effectively weed out fakes, psycopaths, and murderers 😉, etc.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
15 Jan 05

Originally posted by Nyxie with flawed spelling
..... Why should they have to provide "indenification, ratings, blah blah"? There is no reason I can think of that requires I know thier name adress uscf rating etc.
proving to have had a high fide rating means $#!+.
bobby fischer could prove to have had a high rating ... probably bigger than anyone else on this site.
i would not want him as a mod ... he has no credibility.

if bobby was to generate a r.hp. personality that seemed consistent and sensible and concerned over a long period ... then i might put some trust in that personality ...

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
15 Jan 05

Originally posted by Kranium
This would effectively weed out fakes, psycopaths, and murderers 😉, etc.
So anyone with an identification, address, and chess rating is automatically, not a psycopath, muderer, or fake?