1. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:29
    Don't know if this has been mentioned in Site Ideas before but this really needs to be fixed. When replying with quoting of a post which has a combination of bold and non-bold texts, the close bold tag sometimes gets truncated out, causing the replying post to be bold as well.

I know this can be worked around by users by putting the close bold tag in, but they shouldn't have to. 😛
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 15:25
    Originally posted by lausey
    Don't know if this has been mentioned in Site Ideas before but this really needs to be fixed. When replying with quoting of a post which has a combination of bold and non-bold texts, the close bold tag sometimes gets truncated out, causing the replying post to be bold as well.

I know this can be worked around by users by putting the close bold tag in, but they shouldn't have to. 😛
    Sometimes I do it as a Trap!~[b]
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 16:531 edit
    Originally posted by lausey

This applies to other text formatting tags for "italic" and quote" as well.

Seems like it should be easy enough to keep text formatting tags present in the "quoted post" box from affecting text in the new post.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 01:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Sometimes I do it as a Trap!~
    Please explain
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 17:56
    You'd think the powers that be would be embarrassed to have such an obvious bug on their site for so long. Heck, I would have been embarrassed not to have caught it in the design phase. But then, these guys aren't professionals. As someone once said, "It's a hobby site".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree