1. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 15:31
    I'm beginning to have a problem finding games in my archives.
    Right now games can be sorted by date, by opponent, etc., but I'd LOVE the ability to have games sorted by, say, the first 20 half-moves. That way all my KGA games would fall together, etc.
  2. London
    Moves
    24 Mar '06 00:36
    Originally posted by CrawlIce
    Right now games can be sorted by date, by opponent, etc., but I'd LOVE the ability to have games sorted by, say, the first 20 half-moves. That way all my KGA games would fall together, etc.
    Yea, if this site recognised openings, like some other servers do, that would be great! rec.
  3. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    24 Mar '06 00:37
    You can always creae a folder just for those games and store them in there.
  4. Home
    Moves
    24 Mar '06 03:55
    Mabey we will get something like this when redhotpawn has the computing power of google
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Mar '06 06:17
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    Mabey we will get something like this when redhotpawn has the computing power of google
    There are 500 ECO classifications. It shouldn't be an issue to at least institute it for finished games.
  6. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 16:21
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    There are 500 ECO classifications. It shouldn't be an issue to at least institute it for finished games.
    Actually, it wouldn't even require that. Each move can be represented by 2 bytes reflecting the from-square (1-64) and the to-square (1-64). That means 20 plies can be translated into a 40-byte key. Simply sort on the forty-byte key and you don't need to know opening classifications at all.
    That would serve my purpose. ;-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree