1. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 12:39
    1) Please provide a option to have 1 day timebank and 3 day timebank. Currently, the timebank options starts from 7 days. I beg you provide such an option.

2) There isn't any way to see the captured pieces in a game in which we are not involved in. Also, there isn't a way to see the timeout and timebank period of a game we are not involved in. Please make a way! πŸ˜‰
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 12:562 edits
    Partial yes to #1.

All yes to #2.

-Russ
  3. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 13:18
    Thanks Russ.

1) You mean you will be providing a 3 day timebank option but not a 1 day timebank option?

I move daily and I actually move mutiple times a day. Thus, any thing more than a 1 day timeout would not suit me.

However, I would still not prefer 1 day timeout with no timebank as there maybe a odd day where for some XYZ reason I may not be able to move. Thus, I would like to have some timbank in my hands. And 1 day timebank would be more than enough for me.

And I am sure there will be hundreds and thousands of other like me.

2) Thanks a lot Russ. Looking forward to that!

Any timeframe in which you plan to add these features?
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 13:26
    If I were Russ, the partiallity of #1 is decided between subscribers and non-subscribers. Giving the option to subscribers to give them even more value for their money, but let non-subscribers who only need to experience the feel of playing chess here without actually experiencing all the finest details.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 22:46
    Originally posted by Aiko
    If I were Russ, the partiallity of #1 is decided between subscribers and non-subscribers. Giving the option to subscribers to give them even more value for their money, but let non-subscribers who only need to experience the feel of playing chess here without actually experiencing all the finest details.
    The six game limit already achieves your aim. You get people to subscribe by showing them what a fully functional interface can do, then tempting them with the option of playing clans, tournaments, sieges, or just more than six games at one time.
  6. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 23:20
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The six game limit already achieves your aim. You get people to subscribe by showing them what a fully functional interface can do, then tempting them with the option of playing clans, tournaments, sieges, or just more than six games at one time.
    Once again trying to have more for nothing uh?
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 02:03
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Once again trying to have more for nothing uh?
    Yeah, I'm really sapping the precious bandwidth from this server with my 0 games in progress. πŸ™„
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 07:33
    Originally posted by Aiko
    If I were Russ, the partiallity of #1 is decided between subscribers and non-subscribers.
    How stupid that would be.
    Then subscribers would not be able to play non subs on equal terms....next you'll be saying only let subscribers use the analyse board. pah!
  9. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 13:26
    And the next thing would be only subscribers can castle πŸ˜‰
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 19:27
    Originally posted by yashsr
    And the next thing would be only subscribers can castle πŸ˜‰
    Hey! 😠 Don't give 'em any ideas....
  11. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 04:32
    Lol! Just for fun πŸ™‚,

Only subscribers can promote their pawns πŸ˜‰

Just kidding, this isn't written to hurt anyone..
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 05:32
    Originally posted by yashsr
    1) Please provide a option to have 1 day timebank and 3 day timebank. Currently, the timebank options starts from 7 days. I beg you provide such an option.

2) There isn't any way to see the captured pieces in a game in which we are not involved in. Also, there isn't a way to see the timeout and timebank period of a game we are not involved in. Please make a way! πŸ˜‰
    I used to play a bunch of 1/0 games. Boy those were the days. I'd have 20 or so going at once.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the rewrite of the site involves a bunch of updates to viewing and analysing games. Your best bet is to visit the "new beta test signup" thread and pm a few of the testers to get the inside info.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree