1. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 23:372 edits
    How about rather than a clan availability that is either on or off, clan members could enter a number of clan games they will take? This would be just like the My Challenge Setting, only specifically for clan games? When that number of games is filled, they go unavailable, keeping them from being given more games then they wanted as new challenges start. This would also eliminate a need to go to those clan availability settings and have to switch them on and off.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 23:39
    rec'd with the addition that specific limits could be set for each clan. then, also, those limits should be posted publicly in the profile.

That way a clan leader could decide that it's okay that a player will only play 5 games for their clan but 10 games for that other clan.
  3. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 00:13
    yep a good idea, would be very help full

also what does "rec'd" stand for?
  4. Bruxelles
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 01:19
    recommended. I play on another ches site and the rules are a little bit different.

Andre
  5. Here
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 07:01
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    How about rather than a clan availability that is either on or off, clan members could enter a number of clan games they will take? This would be just like the My Challenge Setting, only specifically for clan games? When that number of games is filled, they go unavailable, keeping them from being given more games then they wanted as new challenges sta ...[text shortened]... o eliminate a need to go to those clan availability settings and have to switch them on and off.
    The reason for being able to turn off their availability is when they go missing for what ever reason not the amount of games they are playing
    It is so annoying to get challenges with that player in the challenge and have to refuse it over and over again
    You have to give them some time to come back before you Kick them
  6. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 10:36
    Originally posted by padger
    The reason for being able to turn off their availability is when they go missing for what ever reason not the amount of games they are playing
    It is so annoying to get challenges with that player in the challenge and have to refuse it over and over again
    You have to give them some time to come back before you Kick them
    I agree with you, and rec'd the suggestion in another thread that clan leaders be able to turn off their members' availability, which is what you seem to be advocating here. I don't think that idea and my idea are at odds in anyway.
  7. Here
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 05:51
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    I agree with you, and rec'd the suggestion in another thread that clan leaders be able to turn off their members' availability, which is what you seem to be advocating here. I don't think that idea and my idea are at odds in anyway.
    I agree, both ideas need to be implemented
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 17:20
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    yep a good idea, would be very help full

also what does "rec'd" stand for?
    rec'd stands for "recommended"

If you recommend the thread to the administrators (on the menu buttons below), the recommendation is sent and registered, but no one has an automatic way of knowing that. posting a thread with rec'd let's everyone know that you sent the recommendation.
  9. Here
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 07:50
    Just to keep this on top
    Is anyone against this Idea
  10. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 19:53
    I'd like to see both ideas implemented. At the moment I track this privately and it'd be great to have it supported by the site's challenge logic.
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 20:46
    Just to keep this on top
    Is anyone against this Idea
    Yes I am against this idea.
    If a member has enough games they can switch off availability therefore the volume is already under control.
    We need management tools not lazy tools
  12. Here
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 21:37
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Yes I am against this idea.
    If a member has enough games they can switch off availability therefore the volume is already under control.
    We need management tools not lazy tools
    Have you read all the posts ?
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 22:02
    Have you read all the posts ?
    Yes I have, I agree with the leader having the ability to switch a member to unavailable saus but not to limits imposed re game numbers.
  14. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 22:21
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Yes I have, I agree with the leader having the ability to switch a member to unavailable saus but not to limits imposed re game numbers.
    The proposal is for a limit to clan games that can be set by the clan member, not leader. Self-imposed, not leader-imposed, limits are what are called for here, just as already occurs in the My Challenge Settings, but would limit clan games.
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 00:34
    Originally posted by coquette
    rec'd with the addition that specific limits could be set for each clan.
    Agreed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree