Closing of threads

Closing of threads

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
08 Dec 17

Are there criteria for closing threads? I am not aware of any.

I don't see any rationale. I get it that it makes sense that we can't go back and arbitrarily bump any old thread from years past, but some are gems that are worth revisiting. For a hypothetical example, there might have been a debate about a major international event. The thread gets closed but now, some new action by a politician or a notable celebrity raises the issue again. Wouldn't that make the old closed thread relevant?

Moves
08 Dec 17

Usually after 60 days of no posts, isn't it?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Dec 17

Originally posted by @coquette
Are there criteria for closing threads? I am not aware of any.

I don't see any rationale. I get it that it makes sense that we can't go back and arbitrarily bump any old thread from years past, but some are gems that are worth revisiting. For a hypothetical example, there might have been a debate about a major international event. The thread gets closed ...[text shortened]... r a notable celebrity raises the issue again. Wouldn't that make the old closed thread relevant?
You can always make a new thread and put a link to the old one.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Dec 17

Originally posted by @trev33
Usually after 60 days of no posts, isn't it?
Or when I post.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
09 Dec 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
You can always make a new thread and put a link to the old one.
Fair enough.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
31 Dec 17

Originally posted by @moonbus
Or when I post.
That would make you the thread-killer par excellence which you aren't...either you don't post enough or your statemant is not true.