1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 13:454 edits
    I've noticed that lots of clan leaders will send out many challenges without accepting or declining a clan challenge first. 😠

For example, I sent a challenge to Clan 214 two days ago, their clan leader was online early this morning and completely ignored my challenge. He's now sent 3 new challenges in the last 2 days or so.

EDIT: He has now bounced my challenge.

Here's my idea: Until a clan leader either accepts or declines a clan challenge, they shouldn't be able to send any out.
  2. USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 14:00
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    I've noticed that lots of clan leaders will send out many challenges without accepting or declining a clan challenge first. 😠

For example, I sent a challenge to Clan 214 two days ago, their clan leader was online early this morning and completely ignored my challenge. He's now sent 3 new challenges in the last 2 days.

Here's my idea: [b]U ...[text shortened]... der either accepts or declines a clan challenge, they shouldn't be able to send any out.
    [/b]
    I have to diagree DD, I will make other challenges while puttting off other challenges, due to the fact that I'm waiting for a response from the people in the challenge to see if they want to be in it first, or I'm still deciding wether or not the challenge might fair, some clan leaders might not like the challenge so they just leave it there becase they might not want to bounce the challenge either...
  3. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 14:02
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    I have to diagree DD, I will make other challenges while puttting off other challenges, due to the fact that I'm waiting for a response from the people in the challenge to see if they want to be in it first, or I'm still deciding wether or not the challenge might fair, some clan leaders might not like the challenge so they just leave it there becase they might not want to bounce the challenge either...
    How's this for another idea: If you can send challenges, you should only be able to send out 5 challenges before you can't anyone.
  4. USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 14:04
    How's this for another idea: [b]If you can send challenges, you should only be able to send out 5 challenges before you can't anyone.[/b]
    well, who makes 5 more challenges that often?
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 14:05
    well, who makes 5 more challenges that often?
    Clan 214
  6. USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 14:36
    Clan 214
    Challenge another clan then, I don't see a lot of clans that make 5 or more challlenges before accepting or declining your challenge...
  7. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 15:08
    I will sit on a challenge if a player involved isn't free for a challenge but expects to be in the next week or so. In the meantime, I send out challenges based on players who are currently available for challenges. I can understand your frustration, though!
  8. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 15:24
    Challenge another clan then, I don't see a lot of clans that make 5 or more challlenges before accepting or declining your challenge...
    I do that all the time
  9. Diverse City
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 22:05

For example, I sent a challenge to Clan 214 two days ago, their clan leader was online early this morning and completely ignored my challenge. He's now sent 3 new challenges in the last 2 days or so.

EDIT: He has no ...[text shortened]... der either accepts or declines a clan challenge, they shouldn't be able to send any out.
    [/b]
    Cool
  10. Amsterdam
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:271 edit
    I share that feeling sometimes too.. you send a challenge, you see the other leader making moves, sending out challenges etc, but no response to your challenge!

A simple solution I use now is to just send a personal message to the other leader: this is also convenient for a quick discussion on the thoughts behind the challenge..

However, maybe some kind of time control can be added to proposed challenges: say, if no action is taken, the challenge will automatically start in 3 days?
    An extra response option then might be to hold the challenge for a few days in cases such as described by pawnhandler..

Of course vacation settings of the clan leader(s) should also apply here.. (if clan leader is not able to respond challenges should not auto-start..)
  11. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 23:34
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    I share that feeling sometimes too.. you send a challenge, you see the other leader making moves, sending out challenges etc, but no response to your challenge!

A simple solution I use now is to just send a personal message to the other leader: this is also convenient for a quick discussion on the thoughts behind the challenge..

However, maybe some ...[text shortened]... uld also apply here.. (if clan leader is not able to respond challenges should not auto-start..)
    Maybe autostart isn't the best idea, but perhaps auto-delete instead - challenges not accepted for say 7 days could be scrapped automatically.
  12. Amsterdam
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 11:21
    Chris / Russ, please look into the suggestions above..

Also note Thread 78144 : apparently more people want to see something change here!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree