Buying a gift subscription

Buying a gift subscription

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

since 1-Feb-07

Australia

Moves
01 Jun 17

The current process involves buying another subscription for yourself, then sending feedback to get the new subscription transferred to the other person.
It would be convenient to have a "buy a gift subscription" button on the MySubscription page.

st johnstone

Moves
03 Jun 17

Originally posted by Kewpie
The current process involves buying another subscription for yourself, then sending feedback to get the new subscription transferred to the other person.
It would be convenient to have a "buy a gift subscription" button on the MySubscription page.
good idea, mine is due in august if you have spare cash.😀

since 1-Feb-07

Australia

Moves
03 Jun 17

We have 5 supporters so far.

Moves
04 Jun 17

I support this idea.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
04 Jun 17

Originally posted by Kewpie
There would have to be a safeguard put in place to prevent the sub. from renewing automatically.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Jun 17
2 edits

The simple solution for this could be a basic tool that allows any new subscription to be transferred within 24 hours by the purchaser themselves to any other account.

The renewal cancellation would require a feedback though - it all get a little complicated with the numerous payment methods now.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jul 17

That reminds me...I got my new Visa Card now, so will have to do my subscription thingy again, as the old one will not happen automatically this time. I think I have until Jan/ 2018. I got a notice last time, will it work that way again this time?

-VR

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
08 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
That reminds me...I got my new Visa Card now, so will have to do my subscription thingy again, as the old one will not happen automatically this time. I think I have until Jan/ 2018. I got a notice last time, will it work that way again this time?

-VR
It's a while since now, but I think I sent feedback before the expiry date of the old card explaining that I had a new card and got a reply asking for the new details.
Otherwise I think you'll still get notification that the renewal has "bounced" and you'll have to go to feedback then.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Jul 17

Originally posted by venda
It's a while since now, but I think I sent feedback before the expiry date of the old card explaining that I had a new card and got a reply asking for the new details.
Otherwise I think you'll still get notification that the renewal has "bounced" and you'll have to go to feedback then.
Thanks venda!

-VR