1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 23:07
    the board should be in the middle of the page...the text area has alot
    of empty space on the right ( that can be equally well divided to put the empty space on the left of the centered board ) and maybe on this empty right side space one could see the avatars of the two players who are playing the game.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 May '07 04:13
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    of empty space on the right ( that can be equally well divided to put the empty space on the left of the centered board ) and maybe on this empty right side space one could see the avatars of the two players who are playing the game.
    great suggestion!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '07 23:40
    ..yes, child...you have seen brilliance and i give you the dreyfuss medal for the courage to speak to it...
  4. Standard memberEric Cartman
    RespectMyAuthoritah!
    South Park
    Moves
    03 May '07 03:121 edit
    quick draw up a sketch on MS Paint so we can see this

actually I was bored, but is this what u had in mind?

http://aycu39.webshots.com/image/16198/2002272514057851900_rs.jpg

hope the link works I don't really trust those image upload sites.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    03 May '07 04:48
    Originally posted by Eric Cartman
    quick draw up a sketch on MS Paint so we can see this

actually I was bored, but is this what u had in mind?

http://aycu39.webshots.com/image/16198/2002272514057851900_rs.jpg

hope the link works I don't really trust those image upload sites.
    The link works. It's close, but the BOARD should dominate the page, not the photos and other information. Just a proportion thing, but that's pretty close.
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    03 May '07 11:26
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    I can see your point but I disagree.

Try turning the resolution on your monitor down to 800 x 600 pixels or 1024 x 768 pixels and then look at a game in progress.

Not everyone who uses the site uses the same resolution as you, but it has to cater for all of them due to web standards. You can pretty much guarantee that there are many visually impared or partially sighted users here that need to use low resolutions, large fonts, screen magnifiers, etc. Adding extra content into the white space you see would mean that it would be off the screen for them and they'd have to scroll to see it.

The only way it might be possible would be to enlarge the board, centre it and have ALL the content below (with maybe a few quick links above it).
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 May '07 13:02
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I can see your point but I disagree.

Try turning the resolution on your monitor down to 800 x 600 pixels or 1024 x 768 pixels and then look at a game in progress.

Not everyone who uses the site uses the same resolution as you, but it has to cater for all of them due to web standards. You can pretty much guarantee that there are many visually impared ...[text shortened]... ou see would mean that it would be off the screen for them and they'd have to scroll to see it.
    And some of us have perfectly servicable eyesight, but still remember that it's called (Microsoft or X-) Windows, not Window singular. I rarely have any window maximised to my full screen. We, too, would not like a window setup where we would be required to have it splattered over the entire width of our screen.

Richard
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '07 17:20
    ..no..the setup is too big...i was just thinking of the tiny avatar boxes you see in the forums to be put on the left...nothing more than that and only that small size...the board then would just get centered and all would remain the same.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree