1. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:57
    Any chance we can have a better Blitz icon so you can have an option of availability. Or something that gives a ready option, game settings etc?

Now that OTB is a pile of rubble, could be worth looking into?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 08:372 edits
    @Hells-Caretaker

Yes, and...

I have something coming - and soon!

For sometime now I've been building up what will hopefully become a fully featured (rated) blitz feature here in the future. The goal is "RHP 20" - to get all this in for the 20th anniversary of launch - not sure if this achievable right now though.

Even so, the new code will be rolled out on another domain so it can be tested. I'll be posting a link here and hope to get as many people to load it and test it. Once thoroughly tested and proven in the wild, RHP will get the blitz & variant support too.

By coincidence, the first test site was meant to go live today as a milestone before taking some time out, which will need to be delayed now due to some final issues with release, but it really is that "soon"!
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 09:23
    @russ said
    @Hells-Caretaker

Yes, and...

I have something coming - and soon!

For sometime now I've been building up what will hopefully become a fully featured (rated) blitz feature here in the future. The goal is "RHP 20" - to get all this in for the 20th anniversary of launch - not sure if this achievable right now though.

Even so, the new code will be rolled out on a ...[text shortened]... ich will need to be delayed now due to some final issues with release, but it really is that "soon"!
    Please sign me up.
  4. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 10:44
    @WOLFE63

& me🚬
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 14:06
    @Russ

YouTube

Is this the 'new normal'?πŸ€”
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '20 17:342 edits
    @Hells-Caretaker

If you want to check out a very early public alpha - check out https://www.blitzchess.net. This is desktop only for now! (no mobile). No ratings or persistent accounts -*warning* - anyone can use any name!

Most of the supported variants are not up yet, and none of the instructions for the variants that are available are documented yet either. Post any issues here anyway, and I'll try to get fixes up over the next few days.

Oh, and you'll need a very current browser. IE users need not apply.
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 01:51
    @Russ
    Copy that🚬
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 01:53
    @WOLFE63
    The above? You havin a go at this?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 02:18
    @hells-caretaker said
    @WOLFE63
    The above? You havin a go at this?
    I shall give it a crack 5 hours from now!
    Anyone?
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 09:06
    Did anyone get a game? It will probably have to be by prior arrangement right now.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 09:392 edits
    There is currently a really annoying bug where an unsent chat message is erased when an opponent sends a message.

edit : now fixed.
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 10:23
    @russ said
    @Hells-Caretaker

If you want to check out a very early public alpha - check out [=https://www.blitzchess.net]https://www.blitzchess.net[/]. This is desktop only for now! (no mobile). No ratings or persistent accounts -*warning* - anyone can use any name!

Most of the supported variants are not up yet, and none of the instructions for the variants that are available are do ...[text shortened]... up over the next few days.

Oh, and you'll need a very current browser. IE users need not apply.
    This is going to work Russ! I like it.
    The site is easily navigated and comprehensive.

I'll be popping in and out as time permits. I'm in Florida, so I'm on Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Any appointments out there? If so, I'll be available at 0730EST.
    Would enjoy playing anyone of any strength.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 12:15
    I've just lost my first game to an excellent player from here. But it was fun!

I can't wait for all touted features to be fully enabled.

Thank you for building this Russ. I'm a fan!
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 12:262 edits
    @WOLFE63

Great to hear. One word of advice, there is a caching issue with some of the files when I upload updates, so do a ctrl "f5" (win) or ctr "r" (mac) to fully reload all files whenever you experience a problem.

edit : Having said that, only urgent fixes will be arriving next week, due to family time.

edit 2 : A small usability modification - a "lobby" button and "rematch" button replace the grayed out draw/resign buttons once the game is complete. A quick test game resulted in my opponent confused about what to do next after closing the end of game pop-up, so this needed to be made clearer.
  15. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 12:29
    @WOLFE63
    I'll set my alarm, that's 02:30 GMT for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree