01 Mar '21 11:54
    @Ponderable
    See original post 😉
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Mar '21 15:29
    I have been delayed a little by some further iPhone API issues. But, the intention is still to push ahead early tomorrow GMT/UTC with the release.

A warning though, the "Thank you for helping to test RHP Beta" message will probably vanish in advance, just in preparation), but you will still be on the beta if accessing "https://beta.redhotpawn.com/"
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '21 18:52
    Automod appears to be broken.

Fuck
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '21 18:54
    Also when you create a poll and vote in preview mode it counts as the first vote in the poll when posted. Supposed to be like that?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 07:281 edit
    Status update :

DailyChess.com is now running on the new server. (as is beta.redhotpawn.com, as before)
    RedHotPawn.com has reverted back, as a few issues need resolving regarding serving mail and social media authentication.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 09:22
    @russ said
    Status update :

DailyChess.com is now running on the new server. (as is beta.redhotpawn.com, as before)
    RedHotPawn.com has reverted back, as a few issues need resolving regarding serving mail and social media authentication.
    Thanks for the progress reports Russ.
    FYI, I am on daily chess(I logged in with it by mistake when I got my new chromebook a while ago and never changed) and it works fine on the new server.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 09:341 edit
    @venda

Thanks for letting me know. Quite an unusual situation, and although not intended, it is actually not a bad outcome having DailyChess.com users on the new machine as a soft launch.

Edit : This is the first time ever when my often made statement about DC == RHP in all but name has not been strictly true, as there could potentially be different behaviour.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 10:01
    @russ said
    @venda

Thanks for letting me know. Quite an unusual situation, and although not intended, it is actually not a bad outcome having DailyChess.com users on the new machine as a soft launch.

Edit : This is the first time ever when my often made statement about DC == RHP in all but name has not been strictly true, as there could potentially be different behaviour.
    I have made moves and posted on forums -private and public -which is all I need to do at the moment.Not tried sending pm's or initiating ladder games and such like but I expect it'll be fine
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 10:43
    If you want to double check that you are on the new code and server, in the footer of every page you will see "8.0.2" next to Terms Of Service.

If that is not present, it is the old server.
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 13:12
    @Russ
    A new problem.
    In the Help forum, your sticky post is not sticky anymore and is slowly sinking. 🙂
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 13:30
    @mwmiller said
    @Russ
    A new problem.
    In the Help forum, your sticky post is not sticky anymore and is slowly sinking. 🙂
    That will teach me to pick some arbitrary anniversary of the site as the fake date the sticky post was made to keep it floating at the top. (2021-02-21 ). Now set to 2031, remind me in 10 years when the same thing happens again. 🙂
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 17:261 edit
    @russ said
    Status update :

As of now, this situation stays the same, and now with everything other than the Game Explorer coming together, www.redhotpawn.com will be updated if a few tests go well early tomorrow.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 18:55
    @russ said
    As of now, this situation stays the same, and now with everything other than the Game Explorer coming together, www.redhotpawn.com will be updated if a few tests go well early tomorrow.
    Well at least I am still on redhotpawn and can switch over to dailychess.com but don't appear to be in the testing of beta now.

-VR
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '21 19:01
    @Very-Rusty
    If you scroll down to the footer, and see "8.0.2" next to the Terms of Service, you are on the new server - the same server as the beta.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 09:303 edits
    Thank you everyone!!.

I could see all the moves rattling through the system when in beta mode, so I know some of you appear to have played all your moves on the beta during this last month long effort. Very, very useful, so I'm very grateful.

Anyone who made a beta move in the last month now has a little beta badge in their profile. Of no value, but exclusive! 🙂

A little "fire fighting" remains, fixing the odd issue that is still occurring, but hopefully nothing serious now.

It was not the intention to do this release over 2 days but it actually worked out quite well (despite the lack of sleep!) with the DailyChess functioning as a soft launch yesterday before the RHP (and the site's core systems) added today.

Thanks again! The beta.domain name will be turned off shortly - until the next time it is called on, which hopefully won't be too long, and wont just be an engineering update, but a feature update. Cheers🍻

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree